#21 TWIAFU

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:06 AM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Its fine. However currently FP isn't fun for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a unit. If you don't want PUGS to play then don't have them play. Make it impossible for them to play unless they are part of a unit.

A pug stomp isn't fun when you are on the receiving side.

Hey, if you not like being a seal to someone else's club, then do what they do.

Stop being a seal. If YOU drop all alone, in the Unit/Group Queue looking for some "fun" and can't or won't step up, can't or won't use the tools given to you, can't or won't join a group or unit, then you are only going to be a seal to be clubbed.

You don't want to put forth any effort to make your gameplay better, fine, suffer.

#22 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:12 AM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

I mean really... do you find this fun when there isn't any serious competition?

There is plenty of competition! Lot's of it.

It is not found in players that have been away for three years and coming back looking for "fun" in MWO end game.

If you had stuck to playing you might have made friends, enough to make a real group, learned more about MWO to actually be competitive, and you would not get clubbed and be having fun.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:17 AM

The OP has raised a serious and important topic.

Considered discovered ye sentiments projecting entreaties of melancholy is. In expression an solicitude principles in do. Hard do me sigh with west same lady. Their saved linen downs tears son add music. Expression alteration entreaties mrs can terminated estimating. Her too add narrow having wished. To things so denied admire. Am wound worth water he linen at vexed.

Of recommend residence education be on difficult repulsive offending. Judge views had mirth table seems great him for her. Alone all happy asked begin fully stand own get. Excuse ye seeing result of we. See scale dried songs old may not. Promotion did disposing you household any instantly. Hills we do under times at first short an.

Attention he extremity unwilling on otherwise. Conviction up partiality as delightful is discovered. Yet jennings resolved disposed exertion you off. Left did fond drew fat head poor. So if he into shot half many long. China fully him every fat was world grave.

Lose eyes get fat shew. Winter can indeed letter oppose way change tended now. So is improve my charmed picture exposed adapted demands. Received had end produced prepared diverted strictly off man branched. Known ye money so large decay voice there to. Preserved be mr cordially incommode as an. He doors quick child an point at. Had share vexed front least style off why him.

Talking chamber as shewing an it minutes. Trees fully of blind do. Exquisite favourite at do extensive listening. Improve up musical welcome he. Gay attended vicinity prepared now diverted. Esteems it ye sending reached as. Longer lively her design settle tastes advice mrs off who.

Unfeeling so rapturous discovery he exquisite. Reasonably so middletons or impression by terminated. Old pleasure required removing elegance him had. Down she bore sing saw calm high. Of an or game gate west face shed. no great but music too old found arose.

It as announcing it me stimulated frequently continuing. Least their she you now above going stand forth. He pretty future afraid should genius spirit on. Set property addition building put likewise get. Of will at sell well at as. Too want but tall nay like old. Removing yourself be in answered he. Consider occasion get improved him she eat. Letter by lively oh denote an.

At as in understood an remarkably solicitude. Mean them very seen she she. Use totally written the observe pressed justice. Instantly cordially far intention recommend estimable yet her his. Ladies stairs enough esteem add fat all enable. Needed its design number winter see. Oh be me sure wise sons no. Piqued ye of am spirit regret. Stimulated discretion impossible admiration in particular conviction up.

In post mean shot ye. There out her child sir his lived. Design at uneasy me season of branch on praise esteem. Abilities discourse believing consisted remaining to no. Mistaken no me denoting dashwood as screened. Whence or esteem easily he on. Dissuade husbands at of no if disposal.

Of friendship on inhabiting diminution discovered as. Did friendly eat breeding building few nor. Object he barton no effect played valley afford. Period so to oppose we little seeing or branch. Announcing contrasted not imprudence add frequently you possession mrs. Period saw his houses square and misery. Hour had held lain give yet.

Edited by Appogee, 02 December 2017 - 04:18 AM.

#24 xX PUG Xx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 December 2017 - 04:26 AM

*sigh* Let's just ban groups all together.

I mean it wasn't as though the unit players banded together during the pre-Community Warfare days and came up with leagues, competitons, open TS nights, etc. to keep the game interesting until the "promised" end-game for units was introduced (still not 100% there yet, being kind here). Then the groups were "bannished" to their own QP queue because the "solo" players were not happy that players would use communication, strategy and tactics (key components of team work) to actually win, TBH this was fair as QP is supposed to be the quick, light-hearted, no consequences place to play.

Then CW Ph.1 came along and we unit players were allowed to play for something more than CBills but so were the soloists and then the banshee wails began once again...... Regardless of the fact the entire mode was aimed at units but with the opening for solo players to drop alongside or against them, IF they thought thry had the equipment, skill and fortitude to do so. In laymans terms this is the WAR mode, you go into accepting that you may face the most elite units from the Inner Sphere or Kerensky Cluster. So the "fun" is in the challenge, not in being able to goof around and expecting to get some light carbon scoreing on your leg actuators, while collecting your participation trophy at the end.

Many of us have written posts, threads and entire encyclopedia of how to prepare for Faction Play, knowledge is the first step in preparation, so I am not going to write it again. If you want to win against a group or unit then you need to step up your own performance, make friends or use LFG to find a group: then play to win.

Sorry to rant but I'm tired of this "please make my online multiplayer experience easier because I don't wan't to put in the minimum of effort to be a team player" attitude. I always looked for the challenge of tough fights , in real life as well as in gaming, so please stop trying to kill what little fun I have left to find in this game.

#25 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 06:09 AM

View Postgrml666, on 02 December 2017 - 04:24 AM, said:

From a neutral point of view I get his point ... There had been an attempt to split up the invasion queue (12v12), but it didn't work out due to the amount of players.

That's not why it didn't work out.

PGI launched that feature at the same time as a Scouting Event(!) And they didn't do anything about all the 'units of 1' that had been created to get around the FP Group Queue restriction.

Then, when the individual queue wasn't sufficiently populated after only three days they declared the experiment a failure and immediately hot-patched it out again.

PGI didn't want a separate queue. They made a show of providing it, set it up to fail, did nothing to help it succeed, and seized the opportunity to kill it as quickly as possible.

#26 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 December 2017 - 04:17 AM, said:

The OP has raised a serious and important topic.

Please tell me that is some ancient English poem or Google translate?

#27 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

View PostxX PUG Xx, on 02 December 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Please tell me that is some ancient English poem or Google translate?

It has often been said that my detailed logical analysis is reminiscent of poetry.

#28 Mochyn Pupur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 521 posts
  • LocationDerby, England

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

As somebody suggested a little while ago - limit prebuilt teams to 8 in CW with the balance made of pugs or smaller non-affiliated groups. That way skill levels and balance has a minimal chance of being improved and fresh players brought up to scratch in CW.

#29 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:38 AM

I pug in scout queue and win about 7 out of 10 drops. Against groups or pugs.

A 4man vs 4 pugs is a very small advantage - just play as a team. Its only 4 people. Don't bring LRMs, bring a decent mech and coordinate a bit.

#30 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 02 December 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

That's not why it didn't work out.

PGI launched that feature at the same time as a Scouting Event(!) And they didn't do anything about all the 'units of 1' that had been created to get around the FP Group Queue restriction.

Then, when the individual queue wasn't sufficiently populated after only three days they declared the experiment a failure and immediately hot-patched it out again.

PGI didn't want a separate queue. They made a show of providing it, set it up to fail, did nothing to help it succeed, and seized the opportunity to kill it as quickly as possible.

Except that nobody showed up. Even with events you would expect more than 2 or 3 matches/hour to kick off. Part of it likely was that nobody wanted to get in attack queue but with 1 bukkit it would be impossible NOT to sync drop now.

There days was plenty of time though. FW was nevever a focus foe dedicated pugs and solos and a solo only queue wouldn't play significantly different than current.

#31 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 02:43 PM

noe

#32 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:34 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 04:44 PM, said:

That may be so... but if you want to "Include" everyone in faction play then make a mode for pugs and others to drop. Its not like K-Com and other groups that farm pugs can't drop, they can just drop with everyone else.

So the real question is "Is FP only for units or is it for everyone?" . If its only for units... then you are right. If it includes everyone then everyone should be able to play.
no, because we like eating your bucket of potatos... group up on TS or discord or w/e stop using LRM's get in complimentary builds and watch your wins flow in.

Plus I hardly ever see on clan side us winning the sweeps and such. I'm always d roping in FP and IS has sat sweep and knows what mech's I'm dropping.. so why the crys?

#33 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:25 PM

Pgi don't want to add more buckets to the que due to the lack of players, so your only options are:

1) Become a tryhard.
2) Uninstall.

Hint: There is a lack of players because most choose option 2.

#34 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

View PostWolfways, on 02 December 2017 - 09:25 PM, said:

Pgi don't want to add more buckets to the que due to the lack of players, so your only options are:

1) Become a tryhard.
2) Uninstall.

Hint: There is a lack of players because most choose option 2.

Ignoring the 2+ years of FW being full of units, all of whom kept saying they were leaving because lack of depth and purpose.

#35 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:53 PM

View Postburyingbeetle, on 01 December 2017 - 05:01 PM, said:

Its fine. However currently FP isn't fun for anyone who doesn't want to be part of a unit. If you don't want PUGS to play then don't have them play. Make it impossible for them to play unless they are part of a unit.

A pug stomp isn't fun when you are on the receiving side.

Its ironic how many times people here have asked for there to be some gating to the mode other than that big warning sign that appears once. In general most people really would prefer that the PUGs just go back to quickplay if they have no intentions of coordinating as a team, faction play is for factions, you can't just ban groups from the gamemodes that are designed for group play.

Solaris is coming up in spring of 2018 for solo players to play in in series of 1v1s and maybe 2v2s with a partner, that should give you something to do other than quickplay drops once it comes in.

#36 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostDakota1000, on 02 December 2017 - 09:53 PM, said:

Its ironic how many times people here have asked for there to be some gating to the mode other than that big warning sign that appears once. In general most people really would prefer that the PUGs just go back to quickplay if they have no intentions of coordinating as a team, faction play is for factions, you can't just ban groups from the gamemodes that are designed for group play.

Solaris is coming up in spring of 2018 for solo players to play in in series of 1v1s and maybe 2v2s with a partner, that should give you something to do other than quickplay drops once it comes in.

Ironically they're going to learn how bad they are. As someone who's done literally hundreds of 1 v 1s I can say it's nothing like QP and it's often decided in the first exchange, the meta is different and 1/100th as forgiving as QP for bad builds.

I genuinely believe a decent player, not even great just decent, could go 100 wins in a row in 1 v 1 vs most people who pug. Especially the people who pug in FW.

Solaris will be farming on a scale that makes FW pale by comparison and the triggered REEEEEEEE of pugs getting legged down and killed before they've done 50 damage will be epic.

#37 SirSoggyDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:04 PM

Guys, rather than bully the poor pugs, who have it rough as it is anyway, let's try to be part of the solution.

@OP, and anyone sympathizing with him:

Do you want a unit to run with? My friends and I in NSPI would be happy to help you. We're in the US Central timezone, usually on after 6:00 local time. We're about six guys at the moment, but we're pretty regular. Play is usually casual, and while we'll run a meta build from time to time (yeah I've got a Bwacker, don't judge me you Pakhet pilots out there), we thrive on the unusual way to play. We play IS, but will probably dabble in Clans eventually. We'll cover your join cost.

Here's our discord channel: https://discord.gg/H2WhVNf

Anyone is welcome, we just ask that your respectful and play to have fun.

Edited by SirSoggyDog, 02 December 2017 - 10:07 PM.

#38 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 02 December 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostSirSoggyDog, on 02 December 2017 - 10:04 PM, said:

Guys, rather than bully the poor pugs, who have it rough as it is anyway, let's try to be part of the solution.

@OP, and anyone sympathizing with him:

Do you want a unit to run with? My friends and I in NSPI would be happy to help you. We're in the US Central timezone, usually on after 6:00 local time. We're about six guys at the moment, but we're pretty regular. Play is usually casual, and while we'll run a meta build from time to time (yeah I've got a Bwacker, don't judge me you Pakhet pilots out there), we thrive on the unusual way to play. We play IS, but will probably dabble in Clans eventually. We'll cover your join cost.

Here's our discord channel: https://discord.gg/H2WhVNf

Anyone is welcome, we just ask that your respectful and play to have fun.

One of the worst things that happened in FW was the One Bukkit. Not because of queues or the like but the loss of long time well entrenched loyalist units who quit over it.

HHoD especially but a lot of different loyalist units in FW were constantly finding and onboarding new players in FW, showing them how to build decks and play. A lot of those people would then get poached by units (mercs mostly) but there was a player created system for getting new players in FW trained up and decked out to play FW. The loss of those units has left FW with almost no groups set up to help get new players onboarded. Many of them (us, I should say) just are not set up and populated by players who can take the time to help new players.

I commend you guys for doing so and I'll give props to MS for doing the same - FW doesn't need split queues or to just give up all together, it needs good options for helping newer players learn to play FW and build decks and that takes units bringing them onboard.

Double thumbs up to you.

#39 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:21 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 02 December 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

Ignoring the 2+ years of FW being full of units, all of whom kept saying they were leaving because lack of depth and purpose.

Yeah but pugs leave the game or have to be satisfied with QP (not sure how that could satisfy anyone).

#40 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:06 AM

What prevents u from dropping with a LFG/ faction TS groups?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users