Radeon Sapphire Pulse Rx 570

19 replies to this topic

#1 Altruis Lightbringer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:27 AM

so I bought this new gpu last week . I installed it and went to play Mwo, when I encountered an error that locked up my computer.
the error as far as I remember is saying that the card wasn't supported and would cause 3d errors and system instability. which it did.

any help would be nice .

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:40 PM

Not enough info. system specs, including PSU.

Did you do any sort of stress testing program?

Did you use this computer for MWO prior to the new GPU? And if so what GPU was it running then? And what prompt the purchase of the new GPU?

Did you do anything else, fresh install OS or such?

Was your system recently updated to the Windows 10 creators update?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 03 December 2017 - 03:48 PM.

#3 Altruis Lightbringer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 06:02 PM

psu is 700 watt
I was using a gtx 480 nvidia card before the new card install . no fresh install of the windows 10. it was updated to the fall edition a few hours after the card install and after the system lock up

cpu: amd phenom 11 x6 1100t 3.0 ghz
ram : 8 th.
gpu ( current ) gtx 480
hardrive :500 gb sata

#4 Napoleon_Blownapart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 07:50 AM

did you completely uninstall the nvidia drivers b4 installing the amd? does the amd show in device manager?

#5 Altruis Lightbringer

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:48 PM

yeah I uninstalled the drivers from the previous gpu before the install . I sent in a tech ticket and got a response about how it was Windows fall creator's fault . I still haven't gotten around to playing .

#6 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 December 2017 - 03:52 PM

I have the same problem with my Rx570 - on starting the game an alert pops up that reads

Unsupported video card detected! Continuing might lead to unexpected results or crashes. Please check the manual for further information on hardware requirements.

"Radeon RX 570 Series" [vendor id = 0x1002, device id = 0x67df]

This has happened with a variety of other graphics cards for other people over the years, throughout MWO's history.

My contact with support was absolutely useless.
The crash reporter popped up for me recently and had no address to send its report to... I was mildly surprised, but then remembered PGI and laughed it off.

I have absolutely zero problems elsewhere, this rig is essentially untouched but for a few games which all run happily on max settings.

Oh, Edit: I've had no problems with this exact rig running MWO previous to about a couple of months ago.
The Radeon 570 should work, I don't know why MWO thinks and behaves as though it's not compatible now.

Edited by Kynesis, 09 December 2017 - 03:54 PM.

#7 SC40

Rookie

• The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 03:41 PM

Guys,

exact same issue with my new rig and my RX570 nitro 8GB. The computer freeze is so bad that I must do a shut down using the PSU on/off switch.

This is getting annoying, I click ok,then the game launches but after that, after a match or during one......CRASH FREEZE !!!No overclock.

Radeon Software Version - 17.11.1
Radeon Software Edition - Crimson ReLive

Radeon RX 570 Series
Memory Size - 8192 MB
Memory Type - GDDR5
Core Clock - 1244 MHz

Windows Version - Windows 10 (64 bit)

[color=#111111]

Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 DRAM 3000MHz C15

[/color]

AMD Ryzen 5 1600X Six-Core Processor

[color=#111111]

Samsung 960 EVO Series - 250GB PCIe NVMe - M.2

[/color]

ASUS ROG STRIX B-350

Cooler Master case 5
Cooler Master 750w PSU
Cooler Master Masterliquid 240

Seagate Firecuda 1 TB

#8 Raz of 3dc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:10 AM

Same issue for me too, new MSI Armor RX570 4GB card and my MWO experience has become rather frustrating. There's a pinned post at the start of this forum section about this issue for an RX580 but PGI state that if you click "OK" the program runs without issue. Yea, no so much. My game crashes out about every 4th game and the whole system crashes about once a night.
PGI needs to take this more seriously, these are not newly developed cards, they are pretty solid middle of the road gaming cards and it seems from the posts in this forum that everyone with an RX card past the 400 series is having issue in one form or another. Oddly, the card I replaced was an RX 360 and had zero issues with MWO. PGI, please help us so we can keep giving you monies.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:24 PM

When checking Microsoft forums, they say to do a complete uninstall of the GPU driver, download a new one and reinstall it. And many here have had their windows 10 updated with the Creator update

And from the AMD, another player with issues and he is running Company of Heroes - this post was from August 2017 -- https://community.am...m/thread/218997

the 17.4.4 driver works without any problems

the 17.7.2 is been detected as a old and unsupported driver for the Radeon RX 570 video card

Also submit your issue to AMD.

http://www.amdsurvey...A1E27D23A3DE979

#10 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:55 PM

I've been having issues with my RX480 since I got the card. Game is constantly crashing or locking up my computer entirely. I even did a full Win10 reinstall when I switched to a new hard drive, new driver installs, etc. Still locking up. Been wanting to come back and play for a while but every time I have technical issues. Worked fine when I had a R9 380.

MSI 970 Gaming
AMD FX-8350
XFX RX480 8GB
16GB DDR3
Samsung 500GB SSD

Edited by Treysef, 12 December 2017 - 04:55 PM.

#11 SC40

Rookie

• The Dreadnought
  • The Dreadnought
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

I play about everything else, COH, ARMA3, no issues. I only crash freeze when I play MWO.

#12 Brother MEX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 407 posts
  • LocationRANDIS IV

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:14 AM

Simple bug fix:

SWITCH TO A NVIDIA GPU Posted Image

#13 Raz of 3dc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

Now with the new patch I crash out every match. Game is no longer playable. I've done all of the above btw and sadly my AMD chip set doesn't seem to play nice with NVIDIA cards so I'm stuck. Might have to give up the game if I can't find a fix.

#14 Raz of 3dc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 08:38 AM

After much research and trials, it appears that the AMD driver (link below) I located last night did the trick. I also disabled XBoxDVR via the Reg Editor at the same time so that may have also been a contributor. I got in something like 8 games last night without issue at high video settings.
http://support.amd.c...ease-Notes.aspx

#15 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 03:57 PM

Thanks for replying back and providing an update!! And that is the May 17, 2017 release.

Hmm, wait....you posted you had an AMD chip that may not be playing nicely with Nvidia cards? How did AMD GPU driver fix your Nvidia GPU ?

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 19 December 2017 - 04:12 PM.

#16 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 20 December 2017 - 08:27 PM

Oh FFS. I'm having the same issue now with a new build- AMD RX570.

Is is so much to ask that game developers support current-gen GPUs from both of the major distrubuters? This is gorram pathetic.

#17 Raz of 3dc

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 03:13 PM

I don't think the CPU matters in this case. It seems to be driven by how the Radeon GPU works with the Windows 10 July-2017 update to its XboxDVR as much as anything. The Radeon driver I put in the link above should help resolve the issue if you are using one of thier GPUs anyway. I turned off the XboxDVR just to be on the safe side as I never use it.

The driver I posted the link to above seems to have fixed my issue completely save the "unrecognized GPU" pop up. Click past it and the game works great even at the highest video settings. Been solid for 3 days, not so much as a glitch.

#18 WrathOfDeadguy

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 22 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

XboxDVR may be a contributing factor, but I can rule it out as a root cause- I don't have it on my system, as I don't run Win10. I scrounged up a copy of Win7Pro for the new tower. Haven't tried the older driver yet, but I will once I'm confident that the system is stable running everything else. If I get all the way down the list and MWO is still being cranky, that'll make it much easier to pin down.

#19 Celtic Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 507 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Operations - Tukayyid - Honolulu HI

Posted 23 December 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostAltruis Lightbringer, on 03 December 2017 - 10:27 AM, said:

so I bought this new gpu last week . I installed it and went to play Mwo, when I encountered an error that locked up my computer.
the error as far as I remember is saying that the card wasn't supported and would cause 3d errors and system instability. which it did.

any help would be nice .

Make sure you're running Crimson ReLive 17.4.4.
I have the same card but when I installed the latest AMD driver package it would freeze MWO. I reinstalled the older driver and it fixed the issue.

Great card by the way, very happy with it.

#20 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,660 posts

Posted 25 December 2017 - 04:28 PM

Just to follow up (the OP noted two issues -unsupported and system lockups - different reasons for each), depending on how a player does their searches. RX 480 and RX 570 uses the same ID #, and the RX 480, even though it is a relatively new card (2016) is listed as unsupported in PGI's data pak.

Posted by another player. His workaround and then another thread in Feedback of the actual location of the amd.txt file that has RX 480/RX 570 ID listed as unsupported.

https://mwomercs.com...ard-workaround/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 25 December 2017 - 04:29 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users