Plz Help My Fps

Help Me

12 replies to this topic

#1 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:27 AM

I can’t seem to get more than 23 fps. If there are bad guys around fps drops to 16. All video settings are set to low
pc is windows 7 home, intel core i7-260qm 2.2ghz, 8gb memory, intel Hd graphics 3000 128Mb.

Edits- forgot to add this is a laptop and I won’t have no money for a new PC for the next few years. Hope some special video settings or some special config file will help

Edited by Defender Rococo Rockfowl, 06 December 2017 - 04:29 AM.

#2 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:02 AM

I'm not really up-to-date in hardware, but usually integrated graphic chips like the Intel one are not enough for a game like MWO. Especially the low memory of only 128MB could be a problem.
I guess you will have to invest in a cheap graphics card, an older second-hand one could be enough.

For example my machine has a 5 year old Radeon HD 7870 with 2GB and can run MWO quite fine. So i don't think you need to invest much money, but everything should be better than an integrated graphics chip.

Edited by Daggett, 06 December 2017 - 04:05 AM.

#3 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:07 AM

Get a graphics card, it should solve your problem.

Integrated graphics usually is not dedicated graphics card, so its performance is mediocre at best.

#4 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:09 AM

I think you are missing a number on the CPU, i7-2670m? Really does not matter. Tis a laptop that can not be upgraded. You are running off the built-in Intel GPU that is on the CPU.

As few items in an ATTEMPT to have a more steady FPS.
  • Can of compressed air, blow out the heatsinks.
  • Create and add a user.cfg with a FPS limiter line sys_MaxFPS = 25 (adjust as needed) to reduce turboboost from kicking in too often which causes heat buildup and will force system to throttle down. Put this file in your main MWO folder.
  • Create a shortcut to run MWO 32bit version

#5 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts
  • LocationYou might be having more fun playing post-apocalyptic survival game Miscreated

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:35 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 December 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

I think you are missing a number on the CPU, i7-2670m? Really does not matter. Tis a laptop that can not be upgraded. You are running off the built-in Intel GPU that is on the CPU.

• Create and add a user.cfg with a FPS limiter line sys_MaxFPS = 25 (adjust as needed) to reduce turboboost from kicking in too often which causes heat buildup and will force system to throttle down. Put this file in your main MWO folder.

I get a few more fps out of it Posted Image
Certain this is the best I can manage til i get a new pc...someday!
Thanks for the advice!

#6 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 December 2017 - 04:09 AM, said:

Hey, Tarl... did you forget about the combined info we put together for accessing MWO's 32-bit version? :(

Here's a link for Rococo's Reference...
--->>> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224380-force-32-bit-game-client-missing/page__view__findpost__p__5083378
...so they can have the option of Command Line Parameter used. :)

Also, I didn't know about that FPS Limiter. I'll have to check that out myself, and thanks for bringing it up. B)

~D. V. "Wishing that MWO's Game Client was not so bloated..." Devnull

#7 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:51 PM

I I knew there was something missing...googled and found it (so I know which link to select next time) !!

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5083378

As to limit FPS in the user.cfg. That was more.. configurable then totally disabling Turboboost for the entire system since that can not be set per program. Of course if the user was having issues with more than one game of it Turbo then throttling down due to heat spike then definitely disabling turboboost.

https://www.tautvida...el-turbo-boost/

OP. Another thing to consider if you are handy with dismantling/reassembly is to see if there are any videos of taking around the laptop and redoing the thermal paste/pads. I would only suggest this provided you had been keeping a log and monitoring your heat, and even with additional fans to blowing over the laptop/backside and such if there were heat issues, of going through those steps.

Another thing to do is to change overall windows settings to Performance

Click Windows Start button.
· Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
· On the left side of the window, click Advanced System Settings.
· Under the Advanced tab, in the Performance section click Settings.
· Under Visual Effects tab, select “Adjust for best performance”
Then save.

Also NARC BAIT has made tons of posts of some items that can be altered via user.cfg, primarily in the Workaround folder, such as the sun rays on the maps with changing day/night and such.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 06 December 2017 - 02:54 PM.

#8 kyfire

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:42 PM

View PostZh0u, on 06 December 2017 - 04:07 AM, said:

Get a graphics card, it should solve your problem.

Integrated graphics usually is not dedicated graphics card, so its performance is mediocre at best.

And how is he susposed to install a graphics card in a laptop?

#9 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 December 2017 - 04:41 AM

View Postkyfire, on 06 December 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

In the original post, he stated it was a pc. Now it is edited.

#10 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 06 December 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Hey, Tarl... did you forget about the combined info we put together for accessing MWO's 32-bit version? Posted Image

Here's a link for Rococo's Reference...
--->>> https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/224380-force-32-bit-game-client-missing/page__view__findpost__p__5083378
...so they can have the option of Command Line Parameter used. Posted Image

Also, I didn't know about that FPS Limiter. I'll have to check that out myself, and thanks for bringing it up. Posted Image

~D. V. "Wishing that MWO's Game Client was not so bloated..." Devnull

View PostTarl Cabot, on 06 December 2017 - 02:51 PM, said:

I I knew there was something missing...googled and found it (so I know which link to select next time) !!

https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5083378

As to limit FPS in the user.cfg. That was more.. configurable then totally disabling Turboboost for the entire system since that can not be set per program. Of course if the user was having issues with more than one game of it Turbo then throttling down due to heat spike then definitely disabling turboboost.

https://www.tautvida...el-turbo-boost/

OP. Another thing to consider if you are handy with dismantling/reassembly is to see if there are any videos of taking around the laptop and redoing the thermal paste/pads. I would only suggest this provided you had been keeping a log and monitoring your heat, and even with additional fans to blowing over the laptop/backside and such if there were heat issues, of going through those steps.

Another thing to do is to change overall windows settings to Performance

Click Windows Start button.
· Right-click on Computer and select Properties.
· On the left side of the window, click Advanced System Settings.
· Under the Advanced tab, in the Performance section click Settings.
· Under Visual Effects tab, select “Adjust for best performance”
Then save.

Also NARC BAIT has made tons of posts of some items that can be altered via user.cfg, primarily in the Workaround folder, such as the sun rays on the maps with changing day/night and such.

Thanks for the very helpful tips! Followed them and gona start up a game. I will be on the lookout for NARCBAIT configs

#11 Defender Rococo Rockfowl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:55 AM

View Postkyfire, on 06 December 2017 - 05:42 PM, said:

View PostZh0u, on 07 December 2017 - 04:41 AM, said:

In the original post, he stated it was a pc. Now it is edited.

I forgot to put in my original post that I am on a laptop. My apology to both of you--do not want to start any arguements because of my mistake, my bad!

Take it easy & see ya both on the battlefield! <O

#12 bayoucowboy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 186 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:30 AM

Basics: Close any other programs you are using, stop any unnecessary background processes that are running (careful with this if you are not familiar - mistakes =bad crashes)

See if you can add more memory. Even on low texture settings (I'm using a desktop w/ AMD 1100T and a Nvidia 1050ti with 4GB) on Rubellite testing grounds is 929MB of video memory. Your integrated graphics can't handle this, but having free memory is better than it having to go to the hard drive. Usually not a high priced or technically hard upgrade for laptops.

If you are not using a SSD, upgrade your hard drive to an SSD. Slightly harder upgrade to do, but getting significantly cheaper and still usually not "requiring" a professional to do.

Ask Santa Claus for a new laptop. Although I can't find it in myself to recommend a Dell (due to being "screwed" by their proprietary power converter and proprietary battery circuitry on an older laptop), the Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming with a 1050ti could be considered a true gaming laptop for $850.00US (which is a lot, but a nice deal)

Edited by bayoucowboy, 07 December 2017 - 07:32 AM.

#13 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:20 AM

This OP in this thread was last updated April 2017. It was one of the threads I was looking for.

https://mwomercs.com...s-updated-2017/

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 08 December 2017 - 07:21 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users