46 replies to this topic

#21 Snazzy Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationRUNNING FAST AND TURNING LEFT

Posted 06 December 2017 - 04:26 PM

6UAC2 is the most reliable load out in pretty much every scenario. 6 AC5s or 5 UAC5s is good for slaying pugs. Heavy gauss is an okay gimmick for the mech, but you shouldn't expect it to be consistently good. 4AC10 is awkward to play, but it can be really effective sometimes.

#22 Bersercker

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 24 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:10 PM

View PostSo You Say, on 06 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

The Anni is a tough chassis. Due to its terribly slow torso movement getting your torso mounted weapons on target can be challenging. On the other hand the arm mounted weapons are low slung and if your not careful as to when you take them, your shots will go into the ground. I consider the ANH-1E the most awkward of the std chassis. I have however found a build that works somewhat well once you know how to pilot the chassis. This is a std engine build so you can go zombie with it. However you do not want to push alone in this or any other anni build. Go in with the rest of the team and user your arm mounted weapons to destroy damaged components. It sports dual ballistic AMS to negate LRM and ATM file. You have a 50 damage left right punch with another 10 in the CT that recycles quickly. Go full survival and cooldown skills with some weapon tree focus on range. Take at least one coolshot. Mobility is bad in the anni and the skill tree wont make it much better so don't invest too heavily. Since the majority of your weapons are on the arms the twist rate doesnt matter as much.

ANI-1E build

I'm not sure boating lasers on an Annihilator makes a whole lot of sense. Like you need load of heatsinks and that feels like a waste of space and tonnage seeing as heavies can have a similar loadouts with much more speed to boot. E.g. my black knight: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a4a114e9c08acd9

Also much harder to get into cover to cool down in an Annihilator.

Not sure RAC's are such a great idea too, for the same reasons. Unless you combine them with gauss i guess.

Edited by Bersercker, 06 December 2017 - 05:12 PM.

#23 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:23 PM

View PostBersercker, on 06 December 2017 - 05:10 PM, said:

I'm not sure boating lasers on an Annihilator makes a whole lot of sense. Like you need load of heatsinks and that feels like a waste of space and tonnage seeing as heavies can have a similar loadouts with much more speed to boot. E.g. my black knight: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a4a114e9c08acd9 Also much harder to get into cover to cool down in an Annihilator. Not sure RAC's are such a great idea too, for the same reasons. Unless you combine them with gauss i guess.

LOL, try running anything else on an ANH-1E

#24 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostSo You Say, on 06 December 2017 - 10:36 AM, said:

If you move a heat sink into the engine you can sneak in Light Ferro armor and free up enough tonnage to sneak another heat sink into the engine. That leaves you 0.39 tons under weight, you could easily shave a few points off the legs and drop the odd half ton of AMS ammo and pop in a TC1.

I'd also drop the ERMLs down to straight MLs, just because the build is really hot.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...05f1035ec12df8d

#25 GrimRiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 06 December 2017 - 05:46 PM

I only own the 2A but here is a few builds I like on it.

LFE300 on all of them, arms shaved to 68 and 80 on the legs and no FF or ENDO.

2xLPL - 2xERML - 2xLB10X - 4xLMG

2xAC5 - 2xRAC5 - 2xERSL - 2xLMG

2xAC5 - 2xLB10X - 2xERSL - 2xLMG

2xLB10X - 2xPPC - 2xERML

4xUAC5 - 4xML - 2xLMG

Edited by GrimRiver, 06 December 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#26 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts
  • LocationAurora, Indiana, USA, North America, Earth, Sol, Milky Way

Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:01 PM

View PostSo You Say, on 06 December 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

LOL, try running anything else on an ANH-1E

IIRC I run quad Snub Nose PPCs and a pair of Light PPCs, with some ERMLs for backup. Fire the PPCs in pairs and the heat is quite manageable. You can tag people nicely with the LPPCs, and once the range closes SNPPCs are devastating.

#27 So You Say

• PipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • 75 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:39 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 06 December 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

IIRC I run quad Snub Nose PPCs and a pair of Light PPCs, with some ERMLs for backup. Fire the PPCs in pairs and the heat is quite manageable. You can tag people nicely with the LPPCs, and once the range closes SNPPCs are devastating.

I took a look at this. The LPL/LR-ML build seemed to have better nominal range, better cooldown and slightly better heat than the SPPC/LPPC build.

#28 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

View PostMole, on 06 December 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I do this: ANH-1A

It works well for me. But I'm literally the only person I've ever seen do this.

I ran 2LB20X 5ML tonight and it was pretty nice. I like having the lb20x on the arms even though you cant yaw with them, just pitch. This was my setup.

ANH-1P

I used ML for the first second time since ERML were released. Less heat and i really, really, dont want to engage or even be seen over 300meters anyways.

Edited by DAYLEET, 07 December 2017 - 11:59 AM.

#29 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:33 AM

Hexa UAC/2 or hexa LBX-2!

Go and wreck face but do not forget to toggle arm lock on!

-Zot-

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 01:52 AM

UAC2s just aren't worth it. TIny DPS increase on the average, but only over an extended period of time.

You're better off taking regular AC2s.

#31 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 06 December 2017 - 06:01 PM, said:

Light PPCs are not generally worth the effort on such a slow a 100 ton assault mech, you end up standing in the open exchanging fire with mechs that inevitably have vastly superior long ranged firepower. Unless you're going to use 6 or 8 of them it only fits 7, also good luck with that if you need long ranged energy weapons you'll want ERLL or ERPPCs.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 07 December 2017 - 02:14 AM.

#32 Cybercobra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 151 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM

I personally reccomend one of these 4 builds as a good base.

2A Light 250 5UAC5: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fa6d2d7109c0144

1X Standard 200 LBX60 3 SPulse: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...dbbfa7dca2430ca

2A Standard 300 2UAC10 2UAC5: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d363ab5c6fdd8ef

1X Light 270 4LBx10 3SLas: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...26a2386587d93f8

more can be found in my emporium. just be warned. some below the reccomended line are not really viable, but more for fun.

https://www.reddit.c...lator_emperium/

you might notice i have none for the 1E or the mean baby. there is a good reason for that, they are inferior chassis, dont use them.

Edited by Cybercobra, 07 December 2017 - 02:13 AM.

#33 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:29 AM

View PostCybercobra, on 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

1X Light 270 4LBx10 3SLas: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...26a2386587d93f8

My variation of ANH-1X 4xLB10-X 3xML works well for me at least so far average damage for match 1000+ and 8,5KD
I have used almost same build on 1A before CB release with almost as good success.

PS leg armor is not issue, haven't got legged so far... out of some 70 games with ANH.

edit: Looks like I failed to link correct build... fixed.

Edited by Curccu, 07 December 2017 - 10:59 PM.

#34 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,924 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostGristle Missile, on 06 December 2017 - 02:26 PM, said:

6 AC5 is pretty soild too

sure, its only a 35 damage alpha - but its PPFLD without ghost heat and the cooldown is short - just slug a few volleys to the same component and watch them fly off

Also can do a 4 AC10 build that works well too

what i did on my quad 10 is to unlock enough cooldown nodes so that in chain fire you can fire in a continuous stream. you can fire for quite some time before you have heat problems. if you get it right you have the same dps as firing all 4 several times, without the shut down. alpha the pokers and stream the mechs in the open for best results.

#35 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 12:50 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 07 December 2017 - 02:12 AM, said:

Light PPCs are not generally worth the effort on such a slow a 100 ton assault mech, you end up standing in the open exchanging fire with mechs that inevitably have vastly superior long ranged firepower. Unless you're going to use 6 or 8 of them it only fits 7, also good luck with that if you need long ranged energy weapons you'll want ERLL or ERPPCs.

LPPCs are very light compared to LLs and especially compared to ERPPCs. For the weight you can't even fit a single ERPPC, let alone a pair. I'd be reasonably comfortable swapping for ERLLs if you could make the weight work, but it comes with its own tradeoffs, namely ERLLs require stare time while LPPCs are fire and forget PPFLD weapons. Since your ability to spread damage between taking your own shots is key to making assaults generally and Annis in particular work, having some kind of poke at longer ranges is better than none and the paired LPPCs do pretty much the same damage for less weight compared to a single larger PPC or LPL. I'm not saying it's perfect, but it has worked out pretty well in the games in which I've tried it so far. Plus, it can pay off more than a little by taking more PPCs rather than swapping in lasers, as it simplifies and amplifies your skill node unlocks.

View PostSo You Say, on 07 December 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

I took a look at this. The LPL/LR-ML build seemed to have better nominal range, better cooldown and slightly better heat than the SPPC/LPPC build.

I wouldn't be surprised. I just have so many laser boats already that I wanted to try something different. Besides, a PPC build has its own advantages over a laser one in certain respects, given the advantages of PPFLD over DoT weapon behaviors.

#36 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:18 PM

View PostLevi Porphyrogenitus, on 07 December 2017 - 12:50 PM, said:

LPPCs are very light compared to LLs and especially compared to ERPPCs. For the weight you can't even fit a single ERPPC, let alone a pair.

Yes but that's hardly the point is it? The point is that you're exchanging fire with long range specialized builds for a measly 10 damage in a 100 ton assault mech. If you can't spare the tonnage for a proper long range setup, don't bother getting one at all. The relevant build being an Annihilator that additionally has 4 snub nose PPCs, there's no way you can't spare the tonnage for something a little better.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 07 December 2017 - 02:19 PM.

#37 Levi Porphyrogenitus

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 05:55 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 07 December 2017 - 02:18 PM, said:

Yes but that's hardly the point is it? The point is that you're exchanging fire with long range specialized builds for a measly 10 damage in a 100 ton assault mech. If you can't spare the tonnage for a proper long range setup, don't bother getting one at all. The relevant build being an Annihilator that additionally has 4 snub nose PPCs, there's no way you can't spare the tonnage for something a little better.

You're hardly standing around trading shots. You're getting assist credits. You're helping those members of your team who did bring long-range builds to do that little bit of extra poke. You're encouraging enemies who don't realize they're only Light PPCs to try to close with you faster. You're even shutting down enemy ECM for the overall benefit of your team.

You could probably swap for MPLs or something if you want to overspecialize, but then you have literally zero options for anything but short range. Every point of damage that your team can throw matters, It also helps that it's 10 damage on a single spot for less tonnage than a standard PPC would allow. And until the enemy gets inside 90m, as they get close it only adds potential damage.

And sure, you could up-gun the thing from SPPCs to HPPCs and forego the secondary guns if you wanted, but that reduces your combat durability immensely. You might get off a couple of shots (2 at a time only, unless you need an emergency burst and are willing to take the risks associated with shutting down or overriding), but you'll quickly red-line and have to pace yourself to the point where you'd be better off with the lighter payload for the superior total damage output and dps.

Besides, the point wasn't to say that this particular build is the best Anni build, or even the best energy variant Anni build, simply that it is one with which I have found success. Naturally each pilot has to figure out what works for him with each mech he drives. Would I drive this build in faction play? No. Do I find it to be both fun and effective in quick play? Certainly. There are different builds for different purposes, and this is definitely not for comp play or faction warfare. It can do the job in 1v1 (at least, on the Steiner arena, with its constrained environment), but it's mostly for messing around with something other than lasers or ACs on an Annihilator in QP.

#38 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 06:17 PM

energy annihilator is sadly kindve pointless

assaults really only get a substantial firepower advantage over heavies when using ballistic loadouts

because of ghost heat limits and all

#39 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 07 December 2017 - 07:46 PM

Decided not to get the Anni after playing around with it in the lab.

Seems like KDK 3 still has the edge over it.

#40 Escef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:16 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 07 December 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Decided not to get the Anni after playing around with it in the lab.

Seems like KDK 3 still has the edge over it.

A mech with a 100 point higher engine cap might have an edge over it? Posted Image

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users