#1 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 09:32 PM

Hey guys,

BloodEagle2985 here,

Hoping to reach out to those pilots who are looking for some assistance with starting their careers in the game. We at AW have a solid mix of about one hundred and forty veteran and new pilots who would be happy to assist you. Our discord can be found at https://discord.gg/dYb8ZVg - and You can shoot me a personal DM or simply say hello in our public chat area and someone will get with you almost immediately.

Our company is interested in filling a training position for new players - so, my logic - to draw someone out to train? Bring in a mass amount of players who WANT to be trained.

These trainings would include but not be limited to - Navigating the menus, getting to know your trial mechs, ensuring your first purchased mech is a solid mech that won't make you disappointed, basic weapon knowledge and proficiency, the difference between the weight classes, the difference between the IS and Clanners, how to manage heat, how to setup a solid build, basic team tactics while in game, and FW tactics, as well.

Hope to see you there!

BloodEagle2985

Edited by BloodEagle2985, 08 December 2017 - 03:20 PM.

#2 S O L E N Y A

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:15 PM

no offense, but should a long time pilot that has never had a positive win/loss or KDR really be somebody mentoring other pilots?

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

View PostS O L E N Y A, on 08 December 2017 - 01:15 PM, said:

no offense, but should a long time pilot that has never had a positive win/loss or KDR really be somebody mentoring other pilots?

PGI's stats are horrifically inaccurate.
https://mwomercs.com...es-dont-add-up/
Why do you go by stats?
Check your own.

On mine, the difference between mech stats, and the overall stats which show the mech stats, is off by 371 games as of yesterday.

That's 371 games not actually counted toward anything. Now imagine how this accrues over seasons, overall, and how some stats don't change for an entire week.

In other words, stats are pretty much meaningless since they effectively reflect nothing about the game due to being untrue.
Even if they did, there's 23 other players to account for in every single match which in turn help to dictate how a match flows.

Ultimately, stats are not only untrue but cannot possibly reflect the prowess of the player (edit: when you go by "win/loss" ratio as a single player has little ability to change the outcome of the entire match if accompanied by even a single AFK player or a complete moron not to mention the possibility of having 11 of them; I've had more than two matches where 5 to 9 out of 12 players disconnected instantly as the match started) and therefore to rely on them is akin to a British Major during World War 1 taking note of the rise of head injuries by over 600% in just two days of using the newly issued helmets was a sign that the helmets were hurting the soldiers and that they should be taken off immediately.
....when in fact the rise of head injuries reflected a rise in survivors from artillery shelling and combat that would have died if not for the helmet. Because of that one general's stupid misreading of stats, 533 people died as a result of the order to remove their helmets over the course of the week it took to get the matter straightened out and overturned. Five hundred and thirty three lives lost, many of whom had injuries that could have been survived had they not taken off the helmet under orders from a guy who only read "Part" of the statistics that came in.

In other words, to rely on the stats you see is ******* ignorant. But if you actually read stats, then you didn't need this quick TL;DR.

(And would know that PGI's stats are meaningless.)

Edited by Koniving, 08 December 2017 - 02:16 PM.

#4 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:16 PM

Thank you Koniving for the follow up there.

As for Solenya, I have been playing since closed beta. Roughly 4 years vested into mwo. My stats should be pretty irrelevant when you factor in my experience with the game and how many other countless people I have developed into solid pilots. Lastly, my stats are my own, and again irrelevant. If we were to look at AW and its standing success since its adaption in 2013, I think youd find that our experience in building pilots is bar none. We have 7 active companies with a number of pilots representing each. Officers in their respective companies have countless hours playing and mentoring new pilots. This isnt a me thing, this is a reach out to help others in a growing community.

In oher words, KDR is quite meaningless in the realm of “this is how you navigate the menus,”. Or “i would stay away from picking that mech as your first mech, here’s why,” or “oh cool, your goal is ultimately to play at a competitive level, let me refer you to our competitive companies (plural).”

In closing, this isn’t about me. Look at the bigger picture and realize Im one of the few people who have actually reached out to assist new players here. So, if anyone wants some help, read the original post.

Edited by BloodEagle2985, 08 December 2017 - 03:30 PM.

#5 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Don't be a hater, Solenya, disclaimer statement or not.

Keep doing what you do, BloodEagle. We need as much positive community interaction as we can muster.

#6 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Q. Drop by anytime. And youre absolutely right. Thanks again

#7 Torkke

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:47 PM

You don't have to be a 5kdr player to be able to help shorten the learning curve of a beginner. This is simply a chance for the newer guys get combat effective in a quicker amount of time. No strings attached, simply a helping hand.

I for one support this initiative and will me glad to do what ever I can to help. We must be the change we want to see in the world, right?

#8 Tereva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 120 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:20 PM

I have been doing a couple of drops with those guys and I can confirm that they are a friendly and helpful bunch of ppl. I am having fun dropping with them.

Just a word of advice, make sure you keep BloodEagle in FRONT of you. I mean, sure, you do what you want, but if you do not want to be TK by him on your first drop, this is a very sound advice Posted Image

I think this is his personal way to train your situational awareness skill Posted Image Posted Image

Shoot straight - and from behind...

T.

#9 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 01:11 AM

aside from accidental TK early on -
I have no idea what this guy is talking about ;-)

Edited by BloodEagle2985, 11 December 2017 - 11:55 AM.

#10 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:39 AM

(Note: RAC [Rotary AutoCannon] users cannot just 'stop' firing, so once they start and you walk in front of them... chances are you'll be dead before they can get the guns to stop.)

#11 Tereva

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 120 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:24 PM

No RAC involved, just good old lasers. Very effective, no doubt, that guy knows how to alpha strike like a champ ������

Things are getting much better though, in a couple of days we are at 2 TK only. Either I'm getting better at staying on the side or his aim is improving, lol.

In any case, I'm having a blast ( with tiny bits of me ending up everywhere Posted Image)

Shoot straight, but not at me.

T.

Edited by Tereva, 14 December 2017 - 06:43 PM.

#12 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:55 AM

You're certainly right S O L.

I mean teaching anyone FW tactics and putting Trial mechs in the same paragraph, that's asking for trouble.

View PostKoniving, on 08 December 2017 - 01:55 PM, said:

PGI's stats are horrifically inaccurate.

Don't go trying to discount this because of that thread. It counts all matches, as you will see from the reply... Very logically explainable. But then you've openly admitted to throwing games to keep you in T3, so I wouldn't be trying to discount anything or tell people off when you go about such behaviour.

In-game leaderboards , Do. Not. Lie. They are summed up here: https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/
I always recommend doing some fact checking.

Moving on - If any new player wants help - message me (and research the names posting above). I'll teach you the basics that most people teaching "basics" don't teach, cause they get basic stuff wrong.

#13 Palfatreos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 398 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 08:58 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 December 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

I mean teaching anyone FW tactics and putting Trial mechs in the same paragraph, that's asking for trouble.

Don't go trying to discount this because of that thread. It counts all matches, as you will see from the reply... Very logically explainable. But then you've openly admitted to throwing games to keep you in T3, so I wouldn't be trying to discount anything or tell people off when you go about such behaviour.

In-game leaderboards , Do. Not. Lie. They are summed up here: https://leaderboard.isengrim.org/

Moving on - If any new player wants help - message me (and research the names posting above). I'll teach you the basics that most people teaching "basics" don't teach, cause they get basic stuff wrong.

NEVER TRUST AN AUSSIE! Posted Image

#14 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 December 2017 - 03:55 AM, said:

This guy's the top 0.1% of player's, he's the type of guy who goes out into FW as a pug and stomps, you'll not find a better mentor.

#15 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:06 PM

Personally, I wouldn't post anything along the lines of what I just read from a couple of players. It's borderline harassment. This thread is intended to help new players regardless, not make accusations or personal jabs. But, with that said - rising above the situation, my offer still stands.

#16 This Crit is Bananas BANANAS

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 46 posts

Posted 27 December 2017 - 09:10 PM

Bumping this post because it has received a lot of newcomers to our server and with it, a lot of positive feedback from each of those who showed!

so - Bump bump!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users