42 replies to this topic

#1 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:04 PM

these modes are just stupid.

conquest would need at least 1800 caps on FP
domination would require at least 3 mins in FP
incursion needs CALLIOPE turrets form mechwarrior 4, so these pugs stop rushing bases

(and honestly i would have only FP maps in FP, if i wanted to play those stupid nascarwarrior online maps i would go QP)

Edited by anonymous223, 08 December 2017 - 04:19 PM.

#2 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:14 PM

conquest in faction warfare is the best mode pgi has ever created.

#3 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

honestly i am here to shoot at people, not to walk and cap around or shoot static objects

#4 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:22 PM

Conquest is the best of the qp modes in FP, but that doesn't make it good. Siege maps in FP are the best ones, the rest are either garbage or meh

#5 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 08 December 2017 - 04:48 PM

View Postanonymous223, on 08 December 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

honestly i am here to shoot at people, not to walk and cap around or shoot static objects

clearly DATA, i still remember when you got pissed off when we told the pugs to close to brawling range on a vitric attack.

#6 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:26 AM

View Postanonymous223, on 08 December 2017 - 04:04 PM, said:

incursion needs CALLIOPE turrets form mechwarrior 4, so these pugs stop rushing bases

(and honestly i would have only FP maps in FP, if i wanted to play those stupid nascarwarrior online maps i would go QP)

I actually kind of like the QP maps, if anything because they bring more map variety, there's just not enough FW maps to keep in interesting

but all other points 100% would improve FP imo, those 3 modes need to have gameplay extended somehow

#7 Surn

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 09 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

obviously, the game size is the issue that is limiting fp evolution. Each map makes the game bigger, and PGI must have a target game size that they do not want to exceed.

Maybe make fp an optional add-on or have a way to have maps that are optional. Have the search function exclude players without a given fp map.

#8 Lyons De Flamand

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 146 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:10 AM

View Postanonymous223, on 08 December 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Really, because I am here to play an objective based shooter... If you just want to shoot stuff, go to QP and only vote skirmish...

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 08:22 AM

i actually like the qp maps and modes in fp. they break up the monotony of 90% seige attack on boreal vault.

agree that conquest is one of the better modes, though it could stand to have its cap goat increased to maybe 1500 or 2k. i find that the match is over sometime around drop 2 and you don't get use your whole deck.

the only mode that really doesn't belong is domination. its too easy to win/loose on your first drop and if that doesn't happen you are in for a long drawn out sedentary match. it belongs in quickplay as a way to counter the big map bias and doesnt really do much else.

id rather have skirmish proper than that old hold/recapture territory mode that it replaced. that mode was an abomination and didnt need to exist.

incursion is a nice touch and i think the fp version is much better than the qp version. respawn kills the cheese tactics that plague the qp version.

Edited by LordNothing, 09 December 2017 - 08:32 AM.

#10 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 09 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

View PostLyons De Flamand, on 09 December 2017 - 08:10 AM, said:

Really, because I am here to play an objective based shooter...

Yeah but the objectives suck in those modes. Data is correct that Conquest and Domination need larger a cap/timer, and Incursion is a symmetrical Siege mode, which is awful.

#11 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:42 PM

I like these...1500 is probably a better target for most conquest games tho.

View PostLordNothing, on 09 December 2017 - 08:22 AM, said:

i actually like the qp maps and modes in fp. they break up the monotony of 90% seige attack on boreal vault.

^ This, I was so happy to come back from over a year not playing to discover that there was more variety.

#12 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:18 PM

Personally I only have a dislike for incursion.
But most of all I would just love to play siege only in faction play.

#13 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 10 December 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

Posted Image

#14 Mikey Two Guns

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 09:46 PM

View PostLady Alexandra Cousland, on 10 December 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

I would agree with this only if generator HP was increased by 15-20%. This would account for the overall increase in combat TTK since the skill tree release. Gen-rushing is a tad bit too easy at the moment.

Edited by Mikey Two Guns, 10 December 2017 - 09:47 PM.

#15 Alexandra Hekmatyar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Marshal
  • Marshal
  • 774 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 11 December 2017 - 04:35 AM

View PostMikey Two Guns, on 10 December 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

I would agree with this only if generator HP was increased by 15-20%. This would account for the overall increase in combat TTK since the skill tree release. Gen-rushing is a tad bit too easy at the moment.

It's not that it's too easy it's that defenders (I'm guilty of it as well) don't wanna sacrifice their mech to be standing in front of an o-gen.

#16 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 08:41 AM

Incursion needs serious attention to become a viable Faction Play game mode. We need some creative solutions so teams can slow down base rushing.

Conquest is pretty good as is, but I agree it needs a larger point requirement because matches are too short for a 25 minute game.

Domination is fine on some maps and stupid on others. Some maps like Polar Highlands they really need to bring the respawn points closer to the circle. Too many games can just end after the first wave because it takes too long to run back and stop the countdown. Domination needs a larger revamp to flesh it out, but that's not a faction-play specific reason.

Assault is a boring skirmish-lite game mode. Incursion was supposed to replace it, so it really should just be removed from the queue.

Siege: is ok. There are individual map imbalance problems though that really ought to be addressed. Sulfurous Rift generators need to be more defensible. Boreal Vault needs easier door destruction and a less harrowing entrance into the base. Grim Portico needs to be less of a turkey shoot at the gate.

My ideal feature for Faction Play would be optional close respawns that teams can capture and choose to drop in. This way when a player dies they can get right back into the action. There are no more waves just continual fighting.

I think this more fluid and natural playstyle would have a huge impact on the enjoyment of Faction Play. The enormous walking distances between spawns does two things. It pointlessly drags out the match length, and creates lots of downtime to give players time to stew over the fact that they're losing by a 2:1 margin. Keep everything at GO-GO-GO mode and it feels much more like continuous assault. It's also much easier to keep pushing an entrenched line when reinforcements can come right back in just as quickly as the defenders can. It also wouldn't need to be quite as coordinated to win as Faction play currently is. Players can just play a little more naturally.

Edited by Jman5, 11 December 2017 - 09:04 AM.

#17 Xavier

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:25 AM

Actually conquest in FP may be the best game mode in MWO....period. It reminds me of the battlefield tickets but with mechs. It’s far more strategic then see gate open gate charge gate.....it also leads to a lot more upsets a group of pugs has a better shot at winning FP conquest than any other mode. I agree domination needs to be upwards of 3 mins.

#18 Mikey Two Guns

• Pip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 10:03 AM

View PostXavier, on 11 December 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

Actually conquest in FP may be the best game mode in MWO....period. It reminds me of the battlefield tickets but with mechs. It’s far more strategic then see gate open gate charge gate.....it also leads to a lot more upsets a group of pugs has a better shot at winning FP conquest than any other mode. I agree domination needs to be upwards of 3 mins.

FW Conquest needs to have the victory condition increased from 1250 to 1500 points at the very least. Virtually every conquest match ends without the 4th mech in my drop deck ever being used. This is problematic because it defeats the purpose of planning a complete drop deck for the game mode.

#19 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:28 PM

no, we don't. I am not a fan of incursion, but the other 2 modes break up the monotony of the same drops/same maps, over and over.

#20 DarklightCA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 774 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 12 December 2017 - 02:36 PM

Conquest is by far better than the rest, including siege. I would have prefered if it was better tailered to Faction Play where teams got a higher ticket count, capturing points took away enemy teams tickets and mech deaths contributed to ticket loss.

Would have given the battles a little more depth than just holding chokepoint gates in a combination of objectives and killing. Also you can't cheese a win by rushing generators, not that organized teams have a problem with that but I would imagine majority of the solo teams struggling with that. Conquest meshes well with something like Faction Play.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users