Teach Me About "new" (Non-Dorito) Targeting

targeting

5 replies to this topic

#1 DodgerH2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:12 PM

So I've returned after a bit of a break (couple of years) and have no clue what meaning (if any) the various box icons over friendly and enemy mechs mean. I left when there was only red or blue triangles that were either hollow or solid. I totally still understand missile incoming/TAG/ECM icons what about the new boxes/diamonds that replaced the "dorito"?

Thanks in advance.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

View PostDodgerH2O, on 08 December 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

So I've returned after a bit of a break (couple of years) and have no clue what meaning (if any) the various box icons over friendly and enemy mechs mean. I left when there was only red or blue triangles that were either hollow or solid. I totally still understand missile incoming/TAG/ECM icons what about the new boxes/diamonds that replaced the "dorito"?

Thanks in advance.

It's weight designations now. An empty dimond is a light mech, a line in one direction is a medium, the other way is a heavy, and a cross is an assault. Not sure if it's horizontal is medium, or a vertical line is...

#3 LittleGrim

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM

They display the weight class. Lights/Mediums/Heavies/Assaults.

#4 Commodore Perspicuous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 December 2017 - 07:33 PM

View PostTesunie, on 08 December 2017 - 06:55 PM, said:

It's weight designations now. An empty dimond is a light mech, a line in one direction is a medium, the other way is a heavy, and a cross is an assault. Not sure if it's horizontal is medium, or a vertical line is...

I always remember it "horizontal heavy." Horizontal lines are heavies, verticals are mediums. Took me a while...

Edited by Commodore Perspicuous, 08 December 2017 - 07:33 PM.

#5 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:54 AM

Or you can just bring up the overall battlegrid screen (I think the default key is 'B'? I may be wrong though) and it has a legend showing the different type of doritos :)

#6 TKG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 182 posts
  • LocationThe Sandhills of NC

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:57 AM

View PostHunter Tseng, on 15 December 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Or you can just bring up the overall battlegrid screen (I think the default key is 'B'? I may be wrong though) and it has a legend showing the different type of doritos Posted Image

Yes, also in game to see all key commands press F1. It brings up a picture of a key board with color coded indicators of what the default key commands do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users