• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 144 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 10 December 2017 - 10:43 AM

Thank you and Merry ChristmaKwanukkah to PGI for this great gift!

#102 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:37 AM

View PostCementi, on 10 December 2017 - 09:37 AM, said:

You might be right but........I am still just gonna say thank you.

Oh, I have no problem with them trying different marketing strategies. Companies exist to make money, including a profit for their owners/shareholders. If it makes money, obviously it's making players happy.

#103 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

I wonder if getting on that day is a way of getting a boost on online numbers to see how high they can spike it up to.

#104 DAYLEET

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Very happy to get 2 new hero mech for free. Seriously. But i cant help thinking its only there because they had nothing to give but 1map, coop in mw5 and modding in mw5. Modding is really great, coop is nice too and a new map is welcome but for a Con its pretty bare.

#105 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostJackalBeast, on 09 December 2017 - 09:06 PM, said:

Err what??!! they just announced it and it's going to be given as a gift on the 27th??? No effing way.

Yea.. i was pretty stoked too! really nice of them to add this for a holiday give-away

#106 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:00 PM

View PostFupDup, on 09 December 2017 - 10:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

You get a mech, and YOU get a mech, and EVERYBODY GETS A MECH!

Russ made me laugh when he said the quote. That pretty much made my time watching boring espots well spent.

Edited by DAYLEET, 10 December 2017 - 12:01 PM.

#107 SuperMCDad

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 131 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

Thanks PGI, very generous of you. Hope you all have a merry Christmas and great New Year.

My only question is, what am I going to do with a dirty vat-born clanner mech in my garage. I suppose we could paint it in clown colours, and use it for target practice. Posted Image

#108 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 December 2017 - 12:30 PM

View PostSuperMCDad, on 10 December 2017 - 12:22 PM, said:

Thanks PGI, very generous of you. Hope you all have a merry Christmas and great New Year.

My only question is, what am I going to do with a dirty vat-born clanner mech in my garage. I suppose we could paint it in clown colours, and use it for target practice. Posted Image

You could, like, take that mech into matches and stuff, assuming you aren't purely dedicated to FP.

#109 Big Bertha 00

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 78 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:12 PM

There are people complaining about free stuff again.

Posted Image

#110 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 01:14 PM

View PostKoniving, on 10 December 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

I mean it looks okay but the crane alone has some serious issues, for example if it tried to reach a running speed the crane would swing (and it would do that even if you were cruising), causing damage to the mech using it.

Why couldn't it just tighten the cables and snug the hook block up into a locked position against the boom head?

#111 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 10 December 2017 - 03:56 PM

The free hero loadouts have been posted:

https://mwomercs.com...s-loadout-info/

Both of them are pretty mediocre to offset the fact that you're not paying for them. I'll probably just strip them down for some free C-Bills I guess.

#112 LT. HARDCASE

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 10 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostFupDup, on 10 December 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

The free hero loadouts have been posted:

https://mwomercs.com...s-loadout-info/

Both of them are pretty mediocre to offset the fact that you're not paying for them. I'll probably just strip them down for some free C-Bills I guess.

That 1E,1B LT should be useful for some, it's literally the only way to do left sided 1B,5E loadouts, if you want AMS

Edited by LT. HARDCASE, 10 December 2017 - 06:48 PM.

#113 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostJames Argent, on 10 December 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

Why couldn't it just tighten the cables and snug the hook block up into a locked position against the boom head?

Ugh...
If you ever use a crane you might know the issues with that. Even with 2 ton loads, cranes don't actually have a locked position to use while carrying cargo. There is also the issue of the crane's length being too short for arm interaction or intervention. The much would need to get too close to things to use the crane. Extend the crane too much and another problem begins as the further out it goes the more susceptible it becomes to the exponential buildup of centrifical force from repetitive motions such as walking. This is also why real cranes do not feature something that would lock motion because if you don't let that force exude itself naturally on the cable or chain it will snap.

I currently do this.
Posted Image
Posted Image
And the other day I was working on these.
Posted Image
Posted Image
That is a garbage truck and a tractor by that tank. Now why do you think we don't use a crane on our vehicles to move big cargo around?

During A.I.T. while training to be a 13 Mike we had a similar idea using the crane of a HEMMTT and empty MLRS ammo pods.
Posted Image
My brilliant idea backfired and bringing the cable as high up as it could go to prevent the swing (which only minimized what we could see) which basically caused it to snap leaving me and my team as the laughing stock in Fort Sil as the only dumbasses in history to break one.

Needless to say I have been there and tried that idea. It doesn't work. This is also why cranes generally don't have locking mechanisms to prevent the cable from swinging... You basically can't.

The answer to the earlier question is cranes on moving vehicles are a logistical nightmare nevermind on a mech. That is why the lift hoist on forklifts...arebt using cables on the cargo but on what we use to lift it. No swinging no centrifical force no ********. This is why all 2 legged mechs have lift hoists in the arms and forklift like appendages... Like the roughneck.

Anyway. More offensive is despite doing stats and asking for feedback on that, we have an obsession over the tabletop illegal and impractical setup of a modified roughneck art that doesn't fit any of the given fluff about the loader king.

#114 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 11 December 2017 - 09:14 AM

Sorry, I wasn't describing it correctly. I wasn't suggesting using the cable tension to do the locking, but having an actual locking mechanism on the boom head to clamp down on the hook block once it's in the fully retracted position to make it mechanically one solid piece. I know we don't do that with real cranes, but real cranes don't walk, either. A tech base that has miniaturized fusion engines can certainly solve a simple mechanical engineering issue. Heck, put some steady-cam tech on it that we already have right now.

You broke your HEMMTT's crane arm because you exceeded its Ops Limits...it wasn't designed to do what you wanted it to do. With a lighter or more compact load (or both) it might not have broken. It's not a matter of physical impossibility, but one of design. I mean, it's like they do with the HEMMTT's tanker version...you can do things with it full or empty that you can't do with it half-full because the tank's internal baffles aren't sufficient to prevent the sloshing from tipping it over. It's 'designed' to be driven with the tank at any level of fullness, but you have to be more careful depending on how full it is.

#115 AllGamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in innersphere

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:35 PM

how do we know if we got them?

I hit the claim button for the freebies, and it said claimed.

but how do we know when will get the mechs ?

and it's only 1 mech or 2 ?

#116 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

View PostAllGamer, on 29 December 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

how do we know if we got them?

I hit the claim button for the freebies, and it said claimed.

but how do we know when will get the mechs ?

and it's only 1 mech or 2 ?

Check eligibility either here or here

Info on the 'mechs here and here

#117 AllGamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 331 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in innersphere

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 29 December 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Check eligibility either here or here

Info on the 'mechs here and here

yup, found it,

https://mwomercs.com/profile/content

went back to the event announcement page,

https://mwomercs.com...-holiday-events

and they added some links.

Edited by AllGamer, 29 December 2017 - 03:02 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users