178 replies to this topic

#141 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 04:31 PM

View Postclan hope, on 12 December 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

In order to "Balance" the game we're going to buff 5 of the top performing IS mechs

Posted Image

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 December 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

Panther
Cicada
Uziel
Orion
Zeus

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#142 Demarticus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:30 PM

Thanks so much for making clan ERLL even worse! Posted Image Posted Image

#143 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 12 December 2017 - 04:31 PM, said:

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

i think the clans found a new strategy to defeat the IS: just make them laugh themselves to death by talking utter nonsense :D

#144 Bersigil

• PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:45 PM

Those small balance steps (instead of big hammers) honestly give me more hope for the game than the whole mechcon did...
So: thx for a very interesting patch.

#145 Anonynonymous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 141 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:19 PM

Why still no quirk buff for the Awesome? Posted Image

#146 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 December 2017 - 10:32 PM

View PostAnonynonymous, on 12 December 2017 - 10:19 PM, said:

Why still no quirk buff for the Awesome? Posted Image

Because PGI doesn't really quirk anymore.. :(

View PostDemarticus, on 12 December 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

good

#147 Demarticus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:24 PM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 12 December 2017 - 10:32 PM, said:

good

Clan ERLL didn't even need a nerf, they were fine, if anything needs a nerf, it's IS Weaponry.

#148 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 12:05 AM

View PostDemarticus, on 12 December 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

You can take solace in the fact that Clan fusion engines can produce astronomical amounts of energy to keep the laser beams in the air for such a long time, regardless of the weather.

View PostDemarticus, on 12 December 2017 - 11:24 PM, said:

Clan ERLL didn't even need a nerf, they were fine, if anything needs a nerf, it's IS Weaponry.

Never going to happen, people will just say "but...but...Clan stuff is lighter and takes up less slots than IS stuff."

#149 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:37 AM

in fairness, though.... Clan ERLL are STILL going to be one of the most-used weapons in the game regardless of every chainge they put in. I mean, every time i've seen EVIL show up, they're still boating them with T-Comps.

the fact that Merc Group has several aimbotters is another matter entirely, but I digress.

fact remains, stuff that we overuse, that gives minimal risk for huge reward, is what's going to get nerfed. mean, look at the World Championships this year. Grats to the guys who played it, and to Emp for holding their title, but it got really boring to watch because 80% of it was just ERPPC or ERLL trading.

I also actually agree that the IS ERLL needs a nerf too, I'm kinda sick of seeing Battlemasters. We have other IS Assaults, people.

Something that'd be nice is actually giving the Orions Generic Weapon Quirks, rather than locking them specifically to one weapon, like, say, swapping the Protectors "IS Gauss Rifle" to just "Gauss Rifle" so it would bonus Light or Heavy Gauss, or the one with the IS AC/10 to just AC/10 for LB10 or UAC/10 extra bonus. would open up a whole new avenue for that chassis.

Edited by Arkhangel, 13 December 2017 - 01:41 AM.

#150 ZortPointNarf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 261 posts
  • LocationIsle of Man

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 12 December 2017 - 05:00 AM, said:

Another buff to IS and nerf to Clans. While this may be fine (and even warranted) in solo play, it swings even further the balance in FP where IS already has 300 tons more than Clans. Where are the needed nerfs to the Assassin and the Annihilator?

Here are some fun facts on the current state of FP balance:
  • IS has the fastest mech in the game (matters for Conquest and Domination)
  • IS has the lightest mech in the game (matters for drop deck flexibility at least until the Piranha is released for CB months from now)
  • IS has the tankiest mech (ANH) in the game (matters for forced-close range objective modes like domination and Siege)
  • IS has the best medium mech in the game (ASN), perhaps the most OP mech right now (even PGI admitted it is 'over-performing' at MechCon). Where is that nerf?
  • IS got better CW tech that Clans have no answer to (where is Clans 25 pinpoint damage weapon, 50 when there are 2X?)
  • IS has more durability quirks overall AND
  • IS has 300 extra tons in a match
Just one of these facts is a hugh problem for Clans. For example. On domination, River City, the IS can (and has) drop 10+ ANH's and march themselves to the circle and kill all Clans mechs with ease. What are Clans supposed to answer with? Don't tell me some light strat because you are missing the point. Clans simply cannot field a 100-tonner that can stand toe-to-toe with the ANH. Even if we could it would cost us a higher % of our available drop deck to do so.

It is hard not to feel PGI might be a bit fearful of implementing any IS nerfs due to the likely backlash by the IS fanboys but enough is enough in FP.

I get the overall 'Clans can take more weapon's argument but there are real advantages on the IS side that need to be addressed as well.

I have been on the receiving end of an ANI drop like that as well and it's horrible. That being said an ANI in QP is pretty meh. It almost looks like they might need to introduce a separate config for QP vs FW, and the weights should really be the same for both now since the new tech was released. I can take more SRM on a 50t Huntsman than a 55t Stormcrow, so why keep banning it?

#151 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,189 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 13 December 2017 - 04:05 AM

if IS is so OP....why is it the big Merc units keep winning everything as clan? answer that one.

#152 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:01 AM

I'll just put this here:

PGI... you don't have to mis-inform people.

#153 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:08 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 December 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

I'll just put this here:
Spoiler

Posted Image

#154 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

I'll just put this here:

It seems to be slope dependent. No problem on even ground, if it's going downhill you may Atlas-Jive as usual. cockpit animatino still crooked wherever i go.

Edited by el piromaniaco, 13 December 2017 - 08:14 AM.

#155 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:58 AM

I'll just put this here:

When I saw this bug I was like: "PGI, why you do this?" Posted Image
Excanged a bug for another bug... Sigh

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 13 December 2017 - 12:02 PM.

#156 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:09 PM

well if the Atlas is still bugged, there is still a chance for a Spider breakdance :D

#157 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 13 December 2017 - 02:17 PM

If you don‘t trust your spider, take an assasin. Those boys know how to dance!

#158 Phantom Grizzly

• PipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:47 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 13 December 2017 - 07:08 AM, said:

Posted Image

That was a much needed laugh. xD Thank you for that.

#159 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:01 PM

View PostArkhangel, on 13 December 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

Something that'd be nice is actually giving the Orions Generic Weapon Quirks, rather than locking them specifically to one weapon, like, say, swapping the Protectors "IS Gauss Rifle" to just "Gauss Rifle" so it would bonus Light or Heavy Gauss, or the one with the IS AC/10 to just AC/10 for LB10 or UAC/10 extra bonus. would open up a whole new avenue for that chassis.

The IS gauss rifle quirks do apply to the other IS gauss models, not just the basic gauss rifle. Protector since you used it as an example has a -10% ballistic cooldown and a -10% IS gauss cooldown quirk for a combined -20%. Well they apply to all three gauss sizes. With the standard and heavy gauss it knocks a full second off the cooldown, and with the light it knocks 0.65 seconds off its normal 3.25 second cooldown.

There is actually ONE case, and this is likely a PGI screw up they haven't caught in the six months since civil war happened...all the IS medium laser quirks, also ended up applying to the ER medium lasers also. The mechs like one of the phoenix hawks with the 3S having +20% medium laser range quirk...or the -1 with the -20% medium laser cooldown quirk...well...that's also going to the ERML if installed onto those mechs. The BLR-1G...with its +10% energy range, +10% medium laser range and -5% medium laser heat...again...all work on the ERML also.

#160 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:23 PM

View PostZortPointNarf, on 13 December 2017 - 03:53 AM, said:

. That being said an ANI in QP is pretty meh. It almost looks like they might need to introduce a separate config for QP vs FW, and the weights should really be the same for both now since the new tech was released. I can take more SRM on a 50t Huntsman than a 55t Stormcrow, so why keep banning it?

Depends on the build... they do VERY VERY well with LBx builds. I run 6 LB2s on the 2A, 6 LB5s on the 2A(S), 5 LB5s on the 1A and 4 LB10s on the 1X, and 4 LB5s on the 1P. I've averaged more than 501 damage per match over 21 matches on the 1A, 600 over 40 on the 2A, 445 over 21 on the 2A(S), and 516 over 21 on the 1X, and 485 over 21 on the 1P. Earlier today with the 2A(S) I took on a BLR-1G and a CN-9AH simultaneously and solo killed both before dying to another pair of enemy mechs who finally rushed to help on Tourmaline, back in the G7 canyon area. If you know how to drive them, they are the epitome of the words ASSAULT MECH. The final damage when I died was 853.

UNFORTUNATELY.... quick play lacks for people who understand that assault mechs are meant to assault with...not hide in the back poking.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users