Petition To Have The "12 Damage" Meme Added To The Game

Gameplay General

60 replies to this topic

#21 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:41 PM

Saw an Executioner in one of my matches today was thinking it but didn't say it to the pilot, also didn't pull my Executioner out for the same reason. Didn't stick around to see the match scores was to ticked off due most of our team including 2 Annihilators for playing like cowards.

#22 Stonefalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,372 posts
  • LocationProselytizing in the name of Our Lord and Savior the Annihilator

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

Me running my Executioner lately, "Now if I can get a solid burn with one of my heavy large lasers, I've succeeded in showing Panic how to Executioner"

Panic, I'll help you buddy, call me.

#23 GlizzyGobbler98

LeBoeuf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:49 PM

12 btw

#24 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 06:50 PM

Signed.

#25 Hairball359

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 07:29 PM

please make it so!!!!

#26 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:00 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 12 December 2017 - 06:41 PM, said:

Saw an Executioner in one of my matches today was thinking it but didn't say it to the pilot, also didn't pull my Executioner out for the same reason. Didn't stick around to see the match scores was to ticked off due most of our team including 2 Annihilators for playing like cowards.

to be fair if you are going to do any work in an anihilator you cant just throw it away being some medium's meat shield. it dies too quick with too much exposure. however if you take your time to find an advantageous position, you can easily mow down several of them.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 December 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#27 Shadowomega1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 987 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:20 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 12 December 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

to be fair if you are going to do any work in an anihilator you cant just throw it away being some medium's meat shield. it dies too quick with too much exposure. however if you take your time to find an advantageous position, you can easily mow down several of them.

Map was HPG and they back off the top from a pair of heavies, and I even pushed up so those could move up and help. As for the rest of the enemy team they were cutting through the rest of our team on the other side of the platform. I had to back off when I noticed those two assaults went back down the ramp and continued to nascar, as for the score at the time we had 0 kills they had 5.

#28 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,736 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 08:45 PM

View PostShadowomega1, on 12 December 2017 - 08:20 PM, said:

Map was HPG and they back off the top from a pair of heavies, and I even pushed up so those could move up and help. As for the rest of the enemy team they were cutting through the rest of our team on the other side of the platform. I had to back off when I noticed those two assaults went back down the ramp and continued to nascar, as for the score at the time we had 0 kills they had 5.

cowards gonna be cowards. when im in an assault im always looking to kill. it might take me some time to get into position though. and that can be difficult when the team is all leeroys as im always having to play keep up and never encountering enemies dispite moving forward the whole time with max engine and all the speed tweak. a more appropriately paced team on the other hand is a lot easier to support. things get bad in sedintary matches too where the whole team is looking to me to end the stalemate. i usually die heroic and pointless deaths on those games.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 December 2017 - 08:50 PM.

#29 Harambe McHarambeface Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

As 3rd place winners of the tournament, don't you get to design a custom decal for PGI to give you? Just make it 228th logo with 12 damage on it.

Edited by Harambe McHarambeface Kerensky, 12 December 2017 - 09:02 PM.

#30 JohnyBlack

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 42 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 01:40 AM

+1

#31 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 03:58 AM

View PostHarambe McHarambeface Kerensky, on 12 December 2017 - 09:02 PM, said:

As 3rd place winners of the tournament, don't you get to design a custom decal for PGI to give you? Just make it 228th logo with 12 damage on it.

We have been told that the custom decal the team designs is limited to just the team.

#32 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:33 AM

+1

PGI put this into the game and I will buy a mechpack :-)

#33 RjBass3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 635 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKansas City MO.

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:53 AM

View PostN0ni, on 12 December 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

And the funny thing is, this will die out and nobody will care about it in a couple weeks to a month. Much like the Banshee on Frozen City.

Much like the 288th IBR

#34 Nevermore088

Rookie

• The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 08:40 AM

Jesus Christ PGI, please do this. Just the like the OP put it.

#35 sycocys

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 7,599 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 05:34 PM

I just recalled having a pug drop FW match where a Cicada-3M tried to be a sniper with SPL.

Guy stayed alive in that mech until everyone else had died, insisting he was doing fantastic the whole time because he wasn't getting shot at - ended the match with 124 damage across 4 mechs. Pretty sure that's a record for someone that wasn't dc'd at the start of the match.

#36 Juju Shinobi

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 168 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 December 2017 - 07:05 PM

Previously rank 12 Btw haHAA

#37 Daiyu

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:08 AM

+1

#38 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 December 2017 - 09:29 AM

I know this happened and everyone and their brother saw it happen if they were watching the mechcon stream, I also recognize that the OP is asserting that the person in question is a “hero”. But the fact is, that absent this having occurred at mechcon, this whole thread would normally be seen as nothing more than a violation of the COC as “naming and shaming”; something the mods regularly use as an excuse to close or delete a thread, but instead it gets pinned so we can revel in this poor fellow’s and 228’s error.

Maybe this apparent schadenfreude is warranted. To me this just seems a bit much. A mistake was made, he and they crashed and burned in front of an audience and now we as a community are celebrating that? PGI is even pinning that celebration for permenance at the top of their forums for all to join in on? Really?

Sorry to be a downer here, but I gotta admit I find this a bit disheartening.

#39 Magnus Santini

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 708 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:41 AM

I don't think his name was mentioned in the thread. But I bet his team did not rage on him for the rest of the match and call him names.

#40 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:55 AM

View PostMagnus Santini, on 14 December 2017 - 10:41 AM, said:

I don't think his name was mentioned in the thread. But I bet his team did not rage on him for the rest of the match and call him names.

See OP. Second cited post. Its not a big deal, as everyone knows who it was. My beef is that under ANY other circumstances this sort of thing would be a closed thread or moved to k-town, but for whatever reason this particular brand of name and shame is being pinned rather than being admonished for being a clear violation of the COC. Again its not like this is a secret or anything, it just bugs me that this particular form of pointing and laughing at someone’s misfortune is all of a sudden acceptable and being sanctioned by PGI, apparently because it happened at mechcon; but if anyone called out someone for 12 damage in a regular match it would be grounds for moderation.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users