#41 One Last Byte

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationVindicator Cockpit

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:46 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 14 December 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

See OP. Second cited post. Its not a big deal, as everyone knows who it was. My beef is that under ANY other circumstances this sort of thing would be a closed thread or moved to k-town, but for whatever reason this particular brand of name and shame is being pinned rather than being admonished for being a clear violation of the COC. Again its not like this is a secret or anything, it just bugs me that this particular form of pointing and laughing at someone’s misfortune is all of a sudden acceptable and being sanctioned by PGI, apparently because it happened at mechcon; but if anyone called out someone for 12 damage in a regular match it would be grounds for moderation.

The difference is in this case that it's not just some random person calling out some random player from a public queue match -- this is one of the best players in the world making an embarrassing showing in front of over a thousand people. Of course people are going to make fun of how ridiculous it is to see a top-tier player do 12 damage. Plenty of people poked fun at SJR and TheMagician for their failed Tourmaline push vs EON in the semifinals. I think panic and everyone else who knows him by tag knows that he is an extremely capable player and isn't going to spend several sleepless nights over one grave mistake. I believe I speak for all of the players on our team when I say that we're thick-skinned enough to "roll with the punches" and accept this as the absurd meme moment that it is. We appreciate that people are sensible enough to understand that it's one of those things that "could happen to anyone," but we're all confident enough here to take the joke and embrace the meme without complaining to any mods about it.

TL;DR: Appreciate the sentiment, but panic is a big boy and he'll be ok. This also solidifies his position alongside me in our Department of New Throws (D.O.N.T.) battalion.

#42 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 14 December 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostOne Last Byte, on 14 December 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

The difference is in this case that it's not just some random person calling out some random player from a public queue match -- this is one of the best players in the world making an embarrassing showing in front of over a thousand people. Of course people are going to make fun of how ridiculous it is to see a top-tier player do 12 damage. Plenty of people poked fun at SJR and TheMagician for their failed Tourmaline push vs EON in the semifinals. I think panic and everyone else who knows him by tag knows that he is an extremely capable player and isn't going to spend several sleepless nights over one grave mistake. I believe I speak for all of the players on our team when I say that we're thick-skinned enough to "roll with the punches" and accept this as the absurd meme moment that it is. We appreciate that people are sensible enough to understand that it's one of those things that "could happen to anyone," but we're all confident enough here to take the joke and embrace the meme without complaining to any mods about it.

TL;DR: Appreciate the sentiment, but panic is a big boy and he'll be ok. This also solidifies his position alongside me in our Department of New Throws (D.O.N.T.) battalion.

I hear ya, and I get it. On Reddit I think this is hilarious, and seeing the competitive community having fun with it is actually pretty cool.

Here though...like it or not, its a violation of the COC. And but for it happening at mechcon, this thread would be moderated. But hey, its just my beef with the mods more than anything else, they have after all pinned this so we can all participate in the good natured pointing and laughing; so it must be okay. Ironically, I’ll probably get another temp ban for even mentioning this since after all that is discussing moderation, and that like name and shame, is against the COC. Doh!

#43 Bogus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 487 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 01:55 PM

I definitely approve. :)

I like the idea of a Double Digits hero mech, maybe make it classy with XII on the shoulders and a damage tank quirk. It'd be glorious!

View PostBud Crue, on 14 December 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

I hear ya, and I get it. On Reddit I think this is hilarious, and seeing the competitive community having fun with it is actually pretty cool.

Here though...like it or not, its a violation of the COC. And but for it happening at mechcon, this thread would be moderated.

Thing is though, a lot of us aren't really naming and shaming so much as seeing it as a highly memetastic "yup, I've been there too" moment. Kind of like how if someone can't find their socks it's usually just frustrating, unless that person is Ozzy Osbourne and he's being filmed in which case it's hilarious and spawns a bunch of Youtube riffs. IMO that's all the more reason to run with it, since it's a good natured reminder that in MWO there's no such thing as immunity to normal fails. As the guy in The Big Lebowski might say, sometimes you eat the Kodiak, and sometimes the Kodiak eats you. While doing 12 damage.

#44 Kamikaze Viking

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  • LocationStay on Topic... STAY ON TOPIC!!!

Posted 14 December 2017 - 03:58 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 13 December 2017 - 03:58 AM, said:

We have been told that the custom decal the team designs is limited to just the team.

One one hand Woot - you finally get 228 Decals!!

On the other it makes me sad, I wish we could have our team decals back. Posted Image it was a great 3 days that we had them.
Posted Image

#45 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:07 PM

View PostKamikaze Viking, on 14 December 2017 - 03:58 PM, said:

One one hand Woot - you finally get 228 Decals!!

On the other it makes me sad, I wish we could have our team decals back. Posted Image it was a great 3 days that we had them.

I think the BW guys are submitting their Battalion Emblem as their decal, as it's only going to be the 12 of them that get it.

I wish we could have our Logos in the game as well, whoever total ********** had to happen because "but mah creative licence" bs

#46 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:08 PM

In his announcer voice:
One man
One mission
The rise to greatness
Competition, glory, fame
Just to be know for....
12 damage..
Starring...
Rated G for good god man that's some bad luck..

#47 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

View PostGrus, on 14 December 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

In his announcer voice:
One man
One mission
The rise to greatness
Competition, glory, fame
Just to be know for....
12 damage..
Starring...
Rated G for good god man that's some bad luck..

Excuse me as I call up George.

#48 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:20 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 14 December 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Excuse me as I call up George.

Who?

#49 Deadfire

Snow Summoner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 416 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:30 PM

View PostGrus, on 14 December 2017 - 04:20 PM, said:

Who?

George Ledoux aka "Duncan Fisher" from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries

Edited by Deadfire, 14 December 2017 - 04:32 PM.

#50 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 04:58 PM

View PostDeadfire, on 14 December 2017 - 04:30 PM, said:

George Ledoux aka "Duncan Fisher" from Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries
his voice is good for play by play. Mine is like a movie announcements guy.

Not as deep as The Beefs "so much damage!"

#51 Verkhne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 299 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 06:03 PM

so nobody has done 0 damage in QP? Playing the second ranked team in MWO in a non-meta mech deserves applause. MWO>>> crap happens

#52 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 07:34 PM

In the end, it proves one thing - sometimes, no amount of skill can beat out bad luck or just having a brain-fart. It happens to all of now and then.

12 damage for the win!

We've all been there!

Edited by oldradagast, 14 December 2017 - 07:35 PM.

#53 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,462 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:25 PM

View PostVerkhne, on 14 December 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

so nobody has done 0 damage in QP? Playing the second ranked team in MWO in a non-meta mech deserves applause. MWO>>> crap happens

Thats the whole joke man...everyone knows panicbutton is a phenomenal robot pilot...its why its such a funny derp moment.

#54 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:14 AM

If someone could give me the list of names that were in that "12 damage" match? The person was Kinect right?

#55 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:04 PM

A good dose of humility would do us all some good! For great benefit of mechkind everywhere - I say do it!

#56 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 02:41 PM

Am I the only one here that doesn't give a **** about this forced meme?

#57 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 15 December 2017 - 04:18 PM

happens every day a 100 times

#58 Moorland

Rookie

• The God
  • The God
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 10:01 PM

+1 PGI please do it

#59 LordSkeletor

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSnake Mountain

Posted 26 January 2018 - 08:47 PM

Verily, I decree that this must be done. It's a moral imperative.

#60 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 26 January 2018 - 10:16 PM

Just remember how long it takes PGI to model or change simple things, and you might want to lower the difficulty of your request.

I suggest something simple, and to the point;

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users