Marauder Ii Too Powerful?

34 replies to this topic

#1 rustyrat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

It is very difficult to play with IS mechs well, if 2 or 3 marauders laser alpha.
Is this general issue or just my own observation? Is there something that can or should be done?
I'm mainly concerned about FW experience.

#2 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:16 AM

the problem is laser alpha

need to link medium and large laser for ghost heat

#3 rustyrat

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:26 AM

More fragile bots are easier to deal with, for example Hellbringers ST are weak.
Lpl battlemaster pilot thinks 'ty easy target', if HBR or crow within 500 meters.

Edited by rustyrat, 12 December 2017 - 11:58 AM.

#4 theta123

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:32 AM

What marauder II? There is no marauder II ingame. Perhaps you are talking about the Marauder IIC! Call out your mechs by the correct gender man!

#5 davoodoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:33 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

the problem is laser alpha

need to link medium and large laser for ghost heat

Tried to make mad2c with linked lasers

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...b38e0279f82ef80
best ive come up with...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...69e16a80c7c7a33
supernova.

and thats is hbk2c a
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0dc4b7e9e31b66a

Edited by davoodoo, 12 December 2017 - 11:38 AM.

#6 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

all linking med+large lasers for ghost heat does is make you fire the medium and large lasers half a second apart

it doesnt prevent you from running 6 mediums and 2 large lasers, it just prevents you from firing them all at the same time.

it means to deliver a massive laser alpha you need to stay exposed longer

it would help balance laser vomit better with facetime weapons like autocannons

Edited by Khobai, 12 December 2017 - 11:37 AM.

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:36 AM

View Postrustyrat, on 12 December 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

More fragile bots are easier to deal with, for example Hellbringers ST are weak.
For example lpl battlemaster pilot thinks 'ty easy target', if HBR or crow within 500 meters.

Exactly it's about knowing how and when to shoot robots. Problem is this playerbase's skill level varies from being a one celled amoeba to being really good, except a good portion are closer to that amoeba. The marauder IIC is good and deadly in the right hands but it is also some what fragile due to it's limited torso yaw (was nerfed 3-5 patches ago along wtih Night gyr. MadIIC was able to still function somewhat, while Night Gyr was more affected and thus not nearly as enjoyable to play) and having that lovely plastic armor that we clanners have.

#8 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:40 AM

But so are a lot of other mechs in this game. Is the Dual HGR Mauler too powerful?? Is Madcat Deathstrike too powerful? Is the Battlemaster and it's insanely high mounts too powerful? Is the Warhawk quad ppc too powerful. Not really, they are all assaults, they should be powerful.

At the same time you can have a Flamer commando pants come along and ruin your all powerful Assault mech. Bleh.

Edited by JackalBeast, 12 December 2017 - 11:40 AM.

#9 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:45 AM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 11:34 AM, said:

all linking med+large lasers for ghost heat does is make you fire the medium and large lasers half a second apart

it doesnt prevent you from running 6 mediums and 2 large lasers, it just prevents you from firing them all at the same time.

it means to deliver a massive laser alpha you need to stay exposed longer

it would help balance laser vomit better with facetime weapons like autocannons

Except ppl wont do that, at best theyll put more mediums or simply drop down in tonnage.

or both...
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...cf35091cbc6cd1b

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...ee7ce453ec14322

Edited by davoodoo, 12 December 2017 - 11:49 AM.

#10 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

Their front profile is superb, but catch them on the side or force them to torso twist and you can get right to the meaty bits. I had a 1v1 with another Scorch the other day and beat him by popping into cover and doing a wee flank. I shot one of his arms off from the side and it was GG from there. The IIC is very punishing at range it seems, but up close it becomes a pinata. Unless you run like 2 lb20xs and srms, then you ought to say your prayers son.

#11 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 12 December 2017 - 11:57 AM

Marauder IIc is fine! It is the clan laservomit that is a bit off and even worse since the skill tree. I am with Khobai just link all lasers and give major heat penalties if more then 5-6 lasers are fired in one alpha.

#12 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:11 PM

Except ppl wont do that, at best theyll put more mediums or simply drop down in tonnage

then whats the problem? even if you take more mediums you still have to fire them half a second apart.

and if you wanna continue to play a laser vomit madcat IIC youll have to use mediums + larges and also fire them half a second apart. since it doesnt have enough energy hardpoints for more mediums.

you could also still do x2 CERPPC+6 CERML if PPCs and lasers arnt linked. But they probably should be linked too.

Edited by Khobai, 12 December 2017 - 12:16 PM.

#13 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,622 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:17 PM

View PostPromessa, on 12 December 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

I don't think it's about the chassis. You can run 6 ermedlas and 2 hllas on a stormcrow and the mobility is more valuable for the alpha dump playstyle anyway. The MADIIC already is one Of the slowest assaults and it's only an 85 tonnes. Doesn't get any quirks, has really narrow torso yaw.. I find them to be really easy to strip. The laser vom ones are basically dead if you focus off a side torso. Aim for the rear of the torsos where they bulge out.

Wait what why is MAD IIC one of the slowest assaults in the game? it has engine cap of 400 which is largest there is and it is second lightest assault weight (85 tons).

#14 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:18 PM

Already been nerfed

Do you not know the existence of the MadCat Mk2?
The superior robot

#15 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

then whats the problem? even if you take more mediums you still have to fire them half a second apart.

and if you wanna continue to play a laser vomit madcat IIC youll have to use mediums + larges and also fire them half a second apart. since it doesnt have enough energy hardpoints for more mediums.

you could also still do x2 CERPPC+6 CERML if PPCs and lasers arnt linked. But they probably should be linked too.

Havent you seen which mechs do that? mediums...I wont ever use energy on assault if my firepower will be at best at lvl of medium mech with few extra dhs...

laservomit is as weak as it can possibly get before becoming unviable.

just look at ebj, mere decoupling ermeds from lpl killed laservomit on them...

Edited by davoodoo, 12 December 2017 - 12:27 PM.

#16 Gristle Missile

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 275 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:31 PM

Only MADIIC that scares me is the LBX/SRM Scorch when I am not expecting it.
Otherwise I think they are pretty on par with other Clan assualts (Mad Cat IMO is better)

Edited by Gristle Missile, 12 December 2017 - 04:47 PM.

#17 Khobai

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:39 PM

Havent you seen which mechs do that? mediums...I wont ever use energy on assault if my firepower will be at best at lvl of medium mech with few extra dhs...

thats why large lasers need a higher ghost heat limit

which is exactly what ive been saying

link medium + large lasers but increase the ghost heat limit on large lasers

Edited by Khobai, 12 December 2017 - 12:40 PM.

#18 davoodoo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostKhobai, on 12 December 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

thats why large lasers need a higher ghost heat limit

which is exactly what ive been saying

link medium + large lasers but increase the ghost heat limit on large lasers

It doesnt matter, ill rather take faster and smaller medium so somebody can take heavier mechs with ballistics while larges will remain unused.

Remember when they linked lrm5 with rest of the lurms?? remember which "caliber" was hurt the most? the one which was already performing badly.

Edited by davoodoo, 12 December 2017 - 12:51 PM.

#19 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:49 PM

View Postrustyrat, on 12 December 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

It is very difficult to play with IS mechs well, if 2 or 3 marauders laser alpha.

So when Marauders "wolf" pack, they become dangerous...

#20 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 12 December 2017 - 12:51 PM

Its already been knocked off the pedestal...MKII has taken its place, though its still plenty deadly. I'd say it only take second place due to mount locations, outside of that, the thing is more sturdy than the MKII I think...pain in the butt to kill them. I don't have one, I have the MKIIs, but going up against a MAD-IIC always seems like a arduous task since all it take is a small wiggle of the nose and CT damage splashes everywhere.

I've resolved to just blow both torsos off them now, I dont' even bother with the CT.

Also, if you're eating a full Clan laser vom alpha, you've done something terribly wrong. Its easy to splash that damage all over the place by simultaneously twisting your legs and torso...which causes your torso(and crotch) to both splash damage. You're kinda SOL if hes a good shot and aiming at your head though.

Most people can't aim with High alpha laser vomit, its pretty funny. In a commando its out right hilarious. If they have HLLs and ERs oh man, they just scrap you. Then they panic, and overheat...its pretty entertaining.

Edited by Humpday, 12 December 2017 - 02:46 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users