4 replies to this topic

#1 Dunning Kruger Effect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my Dragon's centre torso

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:32 PM

Appreciate some feedback.

I've played MWO off-and-on for years, but something that has held me back is the ability to play with friends.

When I last played, I recall there was a "group queue" if you played randoms with a friend: it wasn't much fun teaching a new friend or two to play as you'd get pitted against 12-man teams when you were on a team made of small random groups. In addition, the wait times in group queue were much longer. We'd play a few games, and go elsewhere - WoWs/WoT style games - with, IMO inferior gameplay - when we wanted to do something together.

Q: Has this changed?

I considered joining a clan but I'm not really interested in large-scale competitive matches; just playing around with 1-2 of my RL mates in giant stompy robots. I'll probably play solo a fair bit over Christmas but I'm wondering if it is even worth inviting friends...

#2 Bombast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:37 PM

It has not changed.

EDIT: FW Scouting may be more your speed. 4 people, 55 tons or less a piece. Once you learn how to do it, it's a lot easier throwing a 2-3 man premade in there than in Group Queue.

Edited by Bombast, 13 December 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#3 Dunning Kruger Effect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 135 posts
  • LocationHiding behind my Dragon's centre torso

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:45 PM

It has not changed.

Bummer. There isn't enough map variety to sustain long-term interest solo (besides, friends = best).

FW Scouting may be more your speed. 4 people, 55 tons or less a piece. Once you learn how to do it, it's a lot easier throwing a 2-3 man premade in there than in Group Queue.

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Though I'm in Aussie TZ - are queues long?

#4 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:46 PM

View PostDunning Kruger Effect, on 13 December 2017 - 06:45 PM, said:

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out. Though I'm in Aussie TZ - are queues long?

I honestly couldn't say. US-East Coast player.

#5 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 06:52 PM

Solaris is coming this spring with 4 new maps, and a 1v1 and 2v2 mode.

BUT you will probably want some practice before that, so my suggestion is to find a fairly active, but semi casual group to play with. There are a bunch of them around. If not, then just wait till then but you will be jumping into the frying pan for sure. But who knows, maybe enough people new, and lesser skilled players will be playing that the MM can actually work pretty well.

I will just keep my fingers crossed Posted Image

PS, they just released a new map, and its pretty fun, and there is a new city map coming early 2018, jan/feb? Also they have a new 1v1 map, i forget the name of it, but it can only be used in private matches.

that said, it will most likely be in solaris, and anyone can make private matches to play with their friends. so you could 1v1 your buddy, or find another couple people and play 2v2 right now as well. (or any number up to the 12v12)

there are some aussies that play, i play with them from time to time. (they are on in the morning my time, aka 6-9am EST) They often are on the comstar server. They are a fun bunch of guys.

Edited by JC Daxion, 13 December 2017 - 06:53 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users