Mwo Holiday Events

360 replies to this topic

#321 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 31 December 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

I second this, replace all the GXP rewards with say 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 GSP... I have a million of GXP that I have no use for...

GXP can be used to buy SP... If you want SP, use your GXP!

#322 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:17 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 31 December 2017 - 06:55 AM, said:

A handful of GSP would be *really* attractive...

Great idea. We already have free skill points (legacy skill points ?) as compensation for modules. Why not add them to reward pool. For most of players they are probably depleated, so why not reuse what is already coded.

#323 Papa Varken

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:20 AM

Sadly, scouting has now descended into Clan bringing ATM/SSRM builds in 90 - 95% of the drops. This is pretty much what killed the Stromcrow off and the enforced tonnage drop. Thanks for ruining the mode just that little more and making the event that much harder to complete when IS can't even get close without loosing half their armour.

Ealeir in the event, there were nice mixed loadouts on both sides that meant piloting won the match, not tech superiority. Yes if IS can get in closer they have the advantage, but trying to get through the atm/ssrm barrage at the longer range is destroying the mode in general.

WP to the try hards relying on those loadouts - I'm sure you will be happy in the deserted queues as folk move back to QP.

#324 Dogsoldier1

Rookie

• The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 9 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

I loved this event, Didn't needed the extra scouting loot baggs but they gave me some extra stuff ^^

325 stocking stuffers openend and gave me:

1790mc, 25 days of premium, 15700 gxp, 9Mil 150k, 6x HOLIDAY MISTLETOE, 1x krampus, 3x xmas lights, 4x gift boxes, 4x holiday centerpiece, 7x holiday snowman, 8x lump of coal, 4x mwo mug, 2x snow globe, 10x mc air strike, 12x mc artillery, 9x mc cool shot

Edited by Dogsoldier1, 02 January 2018 - 03:35 AM.

#325 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:42 AM

325 stuffers, summary:
Cockpit Hanging - HOLIDAY MISTLETOE 4
Cockpit Hanging - Krampus 1
Cockpit Mounted - Christmas Bell 3
Cockpit Mounted - XMAS LIGHTS 2
Cockpit Standing - GIFT BOXES 3
Cockpit Standing - Holiday Centerpiece 4
Cockpit Standing - HOLIDAY SNOWMAN 4
Cockpit Standing - LUMP OF COAL 4
Cockpit Standing - MWO MUG 2
Cockpit Standing - SNOW GLOBE 4
MC Air Strike 13
MC Artillery 8
MC Cool Shot 8
MC UAV 6
1 Day Active Premium Time 20
10 MC 15
15 MC 10
20 MC 8
25 MC 5
30 MC 6
35 MC 3
40 MC 10
45 MC 7
5 MC 14
50 MC 9
100,000 C-Bills 22
112,500 C-Bills 34
50,000 C-Bills 5
500,000 C-Bills 3
62,500 C-Bills 8
75,000 C-Bills 8
87,500 C-Bills 9
100 GXP 14
200 GXP 23
300 GXP 14
400 GXP 7
500 GXP 5
Totalled together, 2105 MC, 9 662 500 C-Bills, 15500 GXP

Edited by Horseman, 31 December 2017 - 09:43 AM.

#326 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 09:09 PM

View PostHorseman, on 31 December 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

325 stuffers, summary:
Totalled together, 2105 MC, 9 662 500 C-Bills, 15500 GXP

Nice haul!

Here's mine, also 325 stuffers:

Premium Time: 11
MC: 1,915
GXP: 15,500
Consumables: 36
Cockpit: 31 (got every type I think)
C-Bills: 11,925,000

#327 Omaha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 559 posts
  • LocationAnywhere

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:26 AM

While I get that FP needs some love from new players. They will simply either like it or not.

So... Regardless of event, let the FP activity speak for the mode itself.

(For me personally)
At the beginning, I was totally down for FP. After I saw how it was being developed (for a specific group of players), that notion quickly off. Scouting mode was a nice new breath into the mode, but still it heavily focuses on grouped gameplay, and specific loadouts.

Also, it just doesn't perform well on my pc. MWO in general seems to be getting worse for me, as far as hardware reqs. With the new remade maps, 12v12, etc.

Believe me I would totally go out and get current hardware, if that was totally possible just for MWO/FP/Solaris. In fact I was very very close to a new system a few times, but alas life intervened.I'm very sad as I will prolly not even be able to experience the new game coming.

Edited by Omaha, 01 January 2018 - 06:33 AM.

#328 Apollo777

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 265 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:21 AM

Did anyone get TSP rewards (100k C-bills per challenge) from MW Advent event?
I don't think i got it!!

#329 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 01 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

Thanks PGI, for the bonus loot event. That was mighty Christian of you to help us out with what was turning out for some to be the insurmountable task of grinding enough 250 match score FP matches. Christmas was good this year in the MWO family, and I for one, really appreciate it. So Happy New Year, and looking forward we've got new maps, Solaris, new 'Mechs, and MechWarrior 5! Now if we could just get some reactive leg armor to help Assaults deal with Lights...

#330 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

Please extend the event so that we have another week to play now that there's finally some quiet time!

#331 James Argent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 06:46 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 30 December 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

I swear, some of the matches with qualifying scores aren't registering grabbags...

I just got a score of 265 in Scouting. I received the two regular loot bags, but only one bonus loot bag. I've noticed it in other matches too.

#332 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:20 PM

View PostApollo777, on 01 January 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

I don't think i got it!!

Same here I think. Anyway the issue has always been that the TSP rewards are manually injected so you have to wait for PGI to come back to office and compile the data then inject.

View PostJames Argent, on 01 January 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

I just got a score of 265 in Scouting. I received the two regular loot bags, but only one bonus loot bag. I've noticed it in other matches too.

Check the bonus event. You may have already completed the qualifying events there. Most likely you already cleared the 50 and 100 match score objectives, and got the 1 bonus from the 150 match score objective.

#333 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 01 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 01 January 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

Please extend the event so that we have another week to play now that there's finally some quiet time!

I would agree with this, partially... At least 2 or 3 days worth should be added due to how late that part of the Event was introduced, and the Extra Time to Claim Stockings should have that much more as well. Otherwise the lack of time sabotages the Additional Event Section. There needs to be proper time for the news to spread to people who got upset earlier on. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "Foresight and adjustments are better than having upset people..." Devnull

#334 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 09:03 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 01 January 2018 - 08:28 PM, said:

I would agree with this, partially... At least 2 or 3 days worth should be added due to how late that part of the Event was introduced, and the Extra Time to Claim Stockings should have that much more as well. Otherwise the lack of time sabotages the Additional Event Section. There needs to be proper time for the news to spread to people who got upset earlier on. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Foresight and adjustments are better than having upset people..." Devnull

"2 or 3 days" might work for you if you have nowhere to be, but on a workday, I barely have any time left. Asking for an extension and then cutting it off on a Friday right before the weekend would be ludicrous.

#335 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 11:25 PM

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 01 January 2018 - 09:03 PM, said:

"2 or 3 days" might work for you if you have nowhere to be, but on a workday, I barely have any time left. Asking for an extension and then cutting it off on a Friday right before the weekend would be ludicrous.

I see what you're getting at... can't argue with the issue you've got. :)

My opinion was only stated in basis on a thought of making it palatable to PGI in terms of not holding up the works on things they might have waiting for us. If they couldn't do a whole week, maybe it would still be possible to get at least a few days instead. I just didn't want to see people who need the time (possibly myself included... I don't know) flatly getting a negative answer and an automatic lack of time extension. :(

~Mr. D. V. "Also trying to prevent the worst-case scenario..." Devnull

#336 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 02 January 2018 - 12:44 PM

So... it's extended till Jan 8th... .. but no announcements... typical PGI...

#337 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 02 January 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostEry, on 30 December 2017 - 01:57 AM, said:

Hey PGI: use a translator...

Ich habe jetzt grad keinen Bock, das ganze für euch zu übersetzen...

Also ich bin eigentlich recht nachsichtig. Aber wenn ich etwas hasse, dann wenn Leute mir das gefühl geben, dass ich meine Zeit verschwende bzw. verschwendet habe.

Zum Beispiel wenn im FP 12 Leute pushen sollen (die auch alle im TS sind), aber es nur die ersten 3 oder 4 machen (und ich einer davon bin). Die dann auch prommt verecken weil Nummer 5 irgendwo hinten im Gang stehen bleibt oder umdreht ohne eigentlich genau zu wissen warum. Da möchte ich dann ausrasten. Fragt mal die Jungs von BO ;-)

Jetzt möchte ich gerade wieder ausrasten, weil ich gerade das Gefühl bekomme, meine Zeit mal wieder verschwendet zu haben. Nun da ich das FP Event mit 94/100 abgeschlossen habe, bekomme ich das Gefühl, dass man die Loot Bags plötzlich hinterheggeschmissen bekommt. Aber auch nicht retroaktiv, sondern ich darf nochmal 50 Spiele machen... . keine 4 Tage vor Ende des Events, Silvester und Neujahr inbegriffen. Man hätte das schon vor über ner Woche ändern können. Oder wenigstens das Event verlängern. Aber nö.

Ich weiss natürlich, dass es kein Recht auf Eventbelohnungen gibt. Aber trotzdem sind Sie inzwischen ein elementarer Teil des Spiels. Und wenn man Zeit inwestiert um Sie zu bekommen und dann hinterher feststellt, dass alles plötzlich viel einfacher wird, dann macht mich das irgendwie ... unzufrieden.

Um noch eines klarzustellen. Die Änderung an sich finde ich absolut richtig. Nur Art und Weise uns Zeitpunkt finde ich ... bescheiden.

Und noch was: Im Gegensatz zu manch anderem weiss ich, dass es vor allem die Belohnungen sind, die einen Spielmodus "interessant" machen. Bzw. die dafür sorgen das die Leute dort ihre Zeit verbringen. "Spannend und abwechselungsreich" ist ein Bonus, er ist aber auch vergänglich. Im Computerspiel wie im wahren Leben. Reine Psychologie. Oder warum verbringen die Leute in so viele Spielen ihre Zeit beim "farmen" .. oder im RL auf der Arbeit...? :-)

PS.: S C H E I S S auf Rechtschreibung, ich bin gerade schlecht gelaunt...

ich glaub PGI hatte eh nie vor das zu lesen, aber schön das du dir die mühe/illusionen machst
d(@_@)d

Edited by SHRedo, 02 January 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#338 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:19 PM

View PostSky Hawk, on 02 January 2018 - 12:44 PM, said:

So... it's extended till Jan 8th... .. but no announcements... typical PGI...

Dude... Laugh, enjoy, be happy... BUT DON'T FREAKING COMPLAIN OVER SOMETHING AWESOME LIKE THIS BEING GIVEN TO US!!! :angry:

I get the feeling PGI's Event Writer, Matt Newman, might be in absolutely crazy need of a few days worth of sleep right now. :blink:

On other notes, for anyone that's reading for my Event Review Ratings... With that post above replied to, and my having noticed the changes to the Holiday Event, my previous Tentative Event Rating of 6.8/10 is no longer valid. While this Holiday Event has had massive hiccups, modifications rather much in the 'Spirit of the Holidays' have been given to it, and even more so than I would have expected or asked for. I was thinking of 9.7/10 for a Clock Extension being paired with the added 100 "CW/FW/FP Bonus Loot Bags", but this big of one blasted through like that Rating was swiss cheese. There is no question now, my Final Event Rating will be...

10.0/10

...because this Holiday Event has seemingly reached a "Perfect Design" condition. Sure, the "2017-2018 Stocking Stuffer III Event" had problems early on, but any feeling of being "Anti-Newbie", "Anti-Casual", or even "Anti-Non-Top-Tier" have all been more than stripped from this Holiday Event's Final Design. To Matt Newman and the rest of PGI, I can finally say...

Congratulations on creating a Perfect Event again! Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year!
I look forward to 2018 being a more awesome year than the last!

...even though it took them time to do so, and then look forward to their Next Events hopefully being well thought out right from the start. Maybe I'm being gentle on the Rating because of the Holidays, I don't know at this point. Maybe it's because I was just asleep for three hours because of my body when I didn't want to be, and then woke up to this positive shocker that my brain is still trying to process internally. Maybe there's a whole stack of causes for a Perfect Rating that have racked up? :D

Anywho, I'm out of the Forums for a short while. I'm not going to miss what's now my potential chance to finish this Holiday Event, and that will be my first Holiday Event that I've ever managed to complete! Have fun out there, MWO Community!!! B)

~Mr. D. V. "It's the Holidays, folks. You know me, I'm quite the critic. There's no 'kissing up' here, only thankfulness!" Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author only for correcting some formatting that went totally goofy...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 January 2018 - 02:24 PM.

#339 AzureRathalos

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 185 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:24 PM

View PostDaddyPig, on 31 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Sadly, scouting has now descended into Clan bringing ATM/SSRM builds in 90 - 95% of the drops. This is pretty much what killed the Stromcrow off and the enforced tonnage drop. Thanks for ruining the mode just that little more and making the event that much harder to complete when IS can't even get close without loosing half their armour.

This argument can go either way and has gone both ways. Let me illustrate.

A Bushwhacker has 370 Armor before Armor quirks and 442 Armor after quirks.
A Huntsman has 338 Armor and NO armor quirks.

If both are loaded with SRM or SSRM and they meet each other, the one with 25% more armor will, of course, be seen to have the advantage.

However, a Bushwhacker doesn't have jump jets. A Huntsman can potentially jump up on some piece of terrain and get a position where it can fire upon a Bushwhacker while the Bushwhacker cannot fire back.

Who really has the advantage here? They both do, but in different situations. You can't blame the Clan builds only, nor can you blame the IS builds only.

#340 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:33 PM

View PostApollo777, on 01 January 2018 - 10:21 AM, said:

I don't think i got it!!

The TSP event bonus doesn't apply to the advent event. You had the 10% c-bill boost till the end of the year.

Happy New Year!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users