360 replies to this topic

#281 Eiswolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationRedfield

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:16 PM

It was Late but it is now okay, i Hope for Future FP Events You make it so from beginning of FP Events.

#282 Stf Sgt Marblez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 380 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the battlefield, trying to make a difference.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 09:21 PM

Sweet, thanks matt. :) this is a neat little addition to the event.

Much thx.

#283 ERescue

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 203 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

@Ultrabrutal: I have played 24 FW matches before the change. Out of those, I got ONE success at 398 MS (win, 4 kills (including 2 Kodiaks (both shared, not solos)), 31 assists, only lost my Pirate's Bane, 816 damage), all others failed (including ones that had 2 kills and 43 assists and another with 5 kills, 27 assists). I also saw someone fail, even though he scored over 1800 points of damage, his MS was something like 246. Typically, the games ended with 9 to 12 clan players scoring over 250, for IS side the figure was 0 to 3, and because I know a few of them, I know that those succeeding on IS side were mostly tier 1 and 2, while I reside near the bottom of tier 5.

@Newman and rest of PGI: Change is VERY much appreciated. I will be playing more later today. :)

@D V Devnull: If you are reading this, I would be interested to hear how the change affects your event evaluation. :)

#284 Blockpirat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 155 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:17 PM

Another event during which the win conditions get changed after a few days? (thinking of Trick or Treat 3)

I finished getting my 100 FP loot bags by playing scouting matches for more than 12 hours yesterday. Now it seems that all of these grindy matches don't retroactively count for the bonus loot bags.

Posted Image

Yay!

So, thanks, I guess... Posted Image

Back to scouting...

#285 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:22 PM

One thing everyone's missing.. with the new FP bonus event, it's now easier/possible to get that free mech+mech bay @ 200 stuffers. I already hit 200 and am only halfway thru the 2 FP events.

#286 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

Scaling it with the result is a very good idea. After thinkig about it, I like the way you changed this, shame it's so late Posted Image

Could we get an FP event (or part of a bigger event) that actually promotes FP?
Some prize idea that could go with it:
For first few prizes you get some Faction reputation (enough to get to 4rd or 5th th level, and that with your normal match results should take you from 0 to 6th level), so you actually get two mechbays for your games if you just started the faction loyality, and after that reward the loyal FW players giving them X% of their current Faction reputation so they can actually advance in the ranks and unlock something they were working for more quickly. That would promote faction loyalty as the prize scales with what you gathered.
It would be also awesome to get a drop deck as an option for the grand prize someday.

Edited by Garran Tana, 30 December 2017 - 12:30 AM.

#287 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:31 PM

Great job. Getting my last 67 Points in 3 days will still be challenging but is definitely now possible.

Thangs PGI.

#288 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:44 PM

• Stalker STK-3FB
  • Summoner SMN-F
  • Summoner SMN-M

Opinions on these mechs appreciated!

#289 BodakOfSseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leftenant General
  • Leftenant General
  • 265 posts
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 11:52 PM

This is Perfect. THANK YOU.

#290 Baron Blitz Fokheimer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 147 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:02 AM

I love these events, but devs, you really have to understand that this is a busy holiday season, and there isn't much time to play for some of us.

Can you extend the event another week or two? Especially with the new FP challenges, there's just not enough time.

#291 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,703 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 30 December 2017 - 12:42 AM

View Postarcana75, on 29 December 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

• Stalker STK-3FB
  • Summoner SMN-F
  • Summoner SMN-M

If you're taking the Summoner to do the 2xERPPC in chest build, use SMN-M with SMN-F's energy torso stuck in. There's a 5% ERPPC velocity buff and arm structure buffs (read: more durable shield arms) from the F's arm pods.

#292 Ery

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 178 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 01:57 AM

Hey PGI: use a translator...

Ich habe jetzt grad keinen Bock, das ganze für euch zu übersetzen...

Also ich bin eigentlich recht nachsichtig. Aber wenn ich etwas hasse, dann wenn Leute mir das gefühl geben, dass ich meine Zeit verschwende bzw. verschwendet habe.

Zum Beispiel wenn im FP 12 Leute pushen sollen (die auch alle im TS sind), aber es nur die ersten 3 oder 4 machen (und ich einer davon bin). Die dann auch prommt verecken weil Nummer 5 irgendwo hinten im Gang stehen bleibt oder umdreht ohne eigentlich genau zu wissen warum. Da möchte ich dann ausrasten. Fragt mal die Jungs von BO ;-)

Jetzt möchte ich gerade wieder ausrasten, weil ich gerade das Gefühl bekomme, meine Zeit mal wieder verschwendet zu haben. Nun da ich das FP Event mit 94/100 abgeschlossen habe, bekomme ich das Gefühl, dass man die Loot Bags plötzlich hinterheggeschmissen bekommt. Aber auch nicht retroaktiv, sondern ich darf nochmal 50 Spiele machen... . keine 4 Tage vor Ende des Events, Silvester und Neujahr inbegriffen. Man hätte das schon vor über ner Woche ändern können. Oder wenigstens das Event verlängern. Aber nö.

Ich weiss natürlich, dass es kein Recht auf Eventbelohnungen gibt. Aber trotzdem sind Sie inzwischen ein elementarer Teil des Spiels. Und wenn man Zeit inwestiert um Sie zu bekommen und dann hinterher feststellt, dass alles plötzlich viel einfacher wird, dann macht mich das irgendwie ... unzufrieden.

Um noch eines klarzustellen. Die Änderung an sich finde ich absolut richtig. Nur Art und Weise uns Zeitpunkt finde ich ... bescheiden.

Und noch was: Im Gegensatz zu manch anderem weiss ich, dass es vor allem die Belohnungen sind, die einen Spielmodus "interessant" machen. Bzw. die dafür sorgen das die Leute dort ihre Zeit verbringen. "Spannend und abwechselungsreich" ist ein Bonus, er ist aber auch vergänglich. Im Computerspiel wie im wahren Leben. Reine Psychologie. Oder warum verbringen die Leute in so viele Spielen ihre Zeit beim "farmen" .. oder im RL auf der Arbeit...? :-)

PS.: S C H E I S S auf Rechtschreibung, ich bin gerade schlecht gelaunt...

#293 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:01 AM

I could say thanks, but i don't want to. Cause after 1 week of frustrating 10 hours per day in FP, shouting at my wife, ignoring my kids and skipping work, i'm almost done with the 200 loot bags.

#294 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:04 AM

And btw. It's a shame how you people now go on your knees, for something PGI could have done from day 1, with just 5 minutes thinking.

#295 FdM

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:35 AM

If these had been the conditions from the start of the event I perhaps (probably not, but there would have been a chance at least) would have bothered to play MWO over the holidays. Now it's just too late for me to even try.
So again the only thing I can say to PGI: Too little, too late.

#296 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 December 2017 - 02:52 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 29 December 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

BONUS LOOT BAGS IN FACTION PLAY!
SEE CHALLENGE PAGE! https://mwomercs.com/events/74
STOCKING STUFFER LOOT BAG PAGE HERE! https://mwomercs.com...=201712stocking

A minimum FP Match score of 50 = 1 Loot Bag (50 total)
A minimum FP Match score of 100 = 1 Loot Bag (30 total)
A minimum FP Match score of 150 = 1 Loot Bag 20 total)
These Bonus Loot Bags go towards unlocking the Pick a Prize!
Also
The 250 match score for 2 loot bags still applies! https://mwomercs.com/events/72
In one match you can now earn a maximum of 5 Loot Bags if you earn 250 match score!

Matt, Thank You for adding this, and understanding that not everyone is a highly powerful 'Top Tier Pilot'. Like this person said...

View PostERescue, on 29 December 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

@Newman and rest of PGI: Change is VERY much appreciated. I will be playing more later today. Posted Image
...because this feels like a refreshing incentive to not throw in the towel so easily. ^_^

On other notes, there is also the note from this other person...

View PostBaron Blitz Fokheimer, on 30 December 2017 - 12:02 AM, said:

I love these events, but devs, you really have to understand that this is a busy holiday season, and there isn't much time to play for some of us.

Can you extend the event another week or two? Especially with the new FP challenges, there's just not enough time.
...who has a bit of a point here. The additions to the "Stocking Stuffer III" CW/FW/FP Event need to have time for the News to be spread to other people, otherwise this addition won't work correctly. However, I disagree with how long of an extension that they're asking for. Why? I understand the want to be able to put new Events and other things up, as well as the fact that this can not keep running forever. Please do provide 2 or 3 days more, and extend the limit on the Stocking Claim Time afterward to match as well? It would be extremely appreciated! :D

Now... As for this...

View PostERescue, on 29 December 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

@D V Devnull: If you are reading this, I would be interested to hear how the change affects your event evaluation. Posted Image
Well, before I saw this addition, I was about to murder the Rating due to reaching a point of exhaustion brought on by a mix of MWO and Family Issues... I literally lost about 30 hours of time due to it, and ended up in a dazed overload of pain. That would have resulted in a 1.0/10 for the Rating, or worse if I had failed to get my brain past the mental effects. :(

However, with the addition of the Tiered "Stocking Stuffer III FP Bonus", it kicked the Rating in the opposite direction. In fact, it blew it reasonably out of the basement. However, I do feel, just like some others, that a little more time would be extremely appreciated in order for this addition to have a proper effect on MWO's Community. For now, because Matt Newman stepped up and added this, albeit there isn't much time left in the Event that's running, I'm going to give a Tentative Rating of...

6.8/10

...with the hope and recommendation to add 2 or 3 days of time to both the Event and the Claim Time afterward. With something like this added, I've got to be equally nice with my Rating Boost, seeing as PGI is no longer feeling like The Grinch to me, and this is the Holidays after all. I could even see giving a far better rating than this, but it's up to them to listen to the community a little bit more. ;)

Something tells me this Quad-Tier Setup should become a normal thing for Events with a "CW/FW/FP Stretch Goal" involved, as should the multiple "Pick-A-Prize" from a Previous Event. That was rather beautiful to have, and would be welcomed if it were seen again. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Fixes are needed for CW/FW/FP's Match Score Formula, but that thought is for another thread..." Devnull

#297 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

View PostFdM, on 30 December 2017 - 02:35 AM, said:

If these had been the conditions from the start of the event I perhaps (probably not, but there would have been a chance at least) would have bothered to play MWO over the holidays. Now it's just too late for me to even try.
So again the only thing I can say to PGI: Too little, too late.

Well at least PGI is learning.

#298 PFC Carsten

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 30 December 2017 - 04:29 AM

View PostPFC Carsten, on 29 December 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Love the event part that is designed to discourage people from ever trying faction play again.

So, apparently they removed that part. Maybe the whine got too sour.

Edited by PFC Carsten, 30 December 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#299 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:03 AM

View PostHorseman, on 30 December 2017 - 12:42 AM, said:

If you're taking the Summoner to do the 2xERPPC in chest build, use SMN-M with SMN-F's energy torso stuck in. There's a 5% ERPPC velocity buff and arm structure buffs (read: more durable shield arms) from the F's arm pods.

Sooo get the Summoner?

#300 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 30 December 2017 - 05:15 AM

View Postarcana75, on 30 December 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

Well at least PGI is learning.

Like a 18 year old, who, for the first time in 6 years, puts the square brick into the square hole. Well at least he is learning ...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users