• Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

UPDATE!

MECHWARRIOR ONLINE HOLIDAY EVENTS
ALL THE EVENTS IN ONE PLACE!

BONUS LOOT BAGS IN FACTION PLAY!
STOCKING STUFFER LOOT BAG PAGE HERE!

A minimum FP Match score of 50 = 1 Loot Bag (50 total)
A minimum FP Match score of 100 = 1 Loot Bag (30 total)
A minimum FP Match score of 150 = 1 Loot Bag 20 total)
These Bonus Loot Bags go towards unlocking the Pick a Prize!
Also
In one match you can now earn a maximum of 5 Loot Bags if you earn 250 match score!

STOCKING STUFFER III HOLIDAY EVENT

200 Stocking Stuffer Loot bags with 1 Pick a Prize! (6 mechs to choose from)
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~

HellSpawn Mech Challenge. This event is for those who own a HellSpawn Mech pack and/or add-ons.
Complete Damage targets in Quickplay to earn rewards.
*TSP owners receive an Additional 250,000 C-Bills Per Objective completed.

#2 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:47 AM

Nice!

#3 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:56 AM

I just wanted to Point out that TPS extra event content expired after the MWO WC 2017 Finals.
However, I continued to support it for the Advent Event because it started before the TSP expired and the Hellspawn event because the hellspawn release countdown started before the TSP expired.

This Years Tournament Supporter Pack turned out pretty epic! Not only did it help build the prize pool for the tournament players but it gave the purchaser a big list of content and bonus prizes.

The Tournament Supporter Pack is no longer for Sale so stay tuned for next years pack!

#4 JonDoeIowa

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 15 December 2017 - 10:59 AM

Well worth the $10 this year Matt. Thank you.

View PostMatt Newman, on 15 December 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

I just wanted to Point out that TPS extra event content expired after the MWO WC 2017 Finals.
However, I continued to support it for the Advent Event because it started before the TSP expired and the Hellspawn event because the hellspawn release countdown started before the TSP expired.

This Years Tournament Supporter Pack turned out pretty epic! Not only did it help build the prize pool for the tournament players but it gave the purchaser a big list of content and bonus prizes.

The Tournament Supporter Pack is no longer for Sale so stay tuned for next years pack!

#5 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

From my experience from the Halloween event with a grand prize after earning so many loot bags... I'm not impressed with a repeat of that event set up again... I went onto burn out last time you did that. Now you've basically required it again with 200 matches played. That's a lot of matches to play. (Hopefully I don't lose power in the middle again like I did last time.)

I don't know how else a "grand prize" could be done for the loot bag event, but having to do 100+ matches is a little rough... I like to play this game for fun. I don't exactly want it to be trying to play the part of a second job.

I will comment that I do like having all listed active events in one place. Well thought out on that PGI.

#6 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:07 AM

I like that you can get 2 stockings per FP match if you get a 250 MS, that makes FP much more worthwhile during such events!

Thanks!

#7 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:12 AM

View PostTesunie, on 15 December 2017 - 11:03 AM, said:

From my experience from the Halloween event with a grand prize after earning so many loot bags... I'm not impressed with a repeat of that event set up again... I went onto burn out last time you did that. Now you've basically required it again with 200 matches played. That's a lot of matches to play. (Hopefully I don't lose power in the middle again like I did last time.)

I don't know how else a "grand prize" could be done for the loot bag event, but having to do 100+ matches is a little rough... I like to play this game for fun. I don't exactly want it to be trying to play the part of a second job.

I will comment that I do like having all listed active events in one place. Well thought out on that PGI.

Not to dimish your perspective, but if you can get a game in on the 27th you still get 2 hero mechs... Posted Image

So my point is that even if you can't achieve the grind you still can achieve some significant swag...

Edited by MovinTarget, 15 December 2017 - 11:14 AM.

#8 Javin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 519 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:15 AM

You do not have to finish all of them. The mech is a bonus for the truly dedicated (or truly without life, your call :). You get free stuff playing shooting stompy mechs. Enjoy the event.

#9 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:20 AM

View PostJavin, on 15 December 2017 - 11:15 AM, said:

The mech is a bonus for the truly dedicated (or truly without life, your call Posted Image.

Why not both?!?!?!?! :D

#10 Stink Bug

• PipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 42 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:23 AM

Thanks a bunch, this should be a lot easier to keep track of for those of us who still use the browser.

Now all we need is that C-Bill sale...

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

I like that you can get 2 stockings per FP match if you get a 250 MS, that makes FP much more worthwhile during such events!

Thanks!

The 250 MS also makes it much harder for scouting missions to qualify :(

#11 Rodrigo Martinez

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 167 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

Do event developers know how the matchscore works in FP? 250? Do they know that the match can be 30min long, the player can participate all the time and get less than 250 score if his team lost the match? That part is disgusting for me. Ok, seems they don't want people getting these loot bags easy-peasy through scouting. Then exclude scouting and set 100 match score requirement for a loot bag. I thought you want to make people play FP, maybe introduce new players in it and introducing will be rough if these new players not in an organized team. The FP mode as usual gets total misunderstanding if not the utter hate from the event developers.

#12 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:24 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Not to dimish your perspective, but if you can get a game in on the 27th you still get 2 hero mechs... Posted Image

So my point is that even if you can't achieve the grind you still can achieve some significant swag...

Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean to sound like I'm not being thankful. I just recall the push to get that done last time in October... It was really getting frustrated towards the end of things. Not having power for almost a week of the event didn't help... (which is no fault of PGI.) I just wish there could be a less intensive way of setting up that prize goal.

I just realized I'm going to have to be aiming for a 250 match score in FP... That's not going to be fun. I'll just be counting on the extra 25 loot bags from the Dec 27th prize (I noticed that too, which I will give applause to PGI for that) for that portion...

#13 Coileh

Rookie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:25 AM

wheres the c-bills sale

#14 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:30 AM

View PostStink Bug, on 15 December 2017 - 11:23 AM, said:

Thanks a bunch, this should be a lot easier to keep track of for those of us who still use the browser.

Now all we need is that C-Bill sale...

The 250 MS also makes it much harder for scouting missions to qualify Posted Image

I dunno if we would want people flooding scouting trying to get the loot bags double quick compared to FP anyways....

That brings up a good point, *could* one hypothetically get lootbags from scouting? I would think:
1) only get one/match
2) have a lower MS req

View PostTesunie, on 15 December 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

Oh, absolutely. I didn't mean to sound like I'm not being thankful. I just recall the push to get that done last time in October... It was really getting frustrated towards the end of things. Not having power for almost a week of the event didn't help... (which is no fault of PGI.) I just wish there could be a less intensive way of setting up that prize goal.

I just realized I'm going to have to be aiming for a 250 match score in FP... That's not going to be fun. I'll just be counting on the extra 25 loot bags from the Dec 27th prize (I noticed that too, which I will give applause to PGI for that) for that portion...

I mean, it's just like in other games, you have your achievements that are only for the truly insane.... yes, I'm talking about myself from my WoW days...

#15 MortallyTransparentCupcake

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 75 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:39 AM

Pleaee DO NOT lower the match score needed for the stuffers. If you don't earn it, you do not deserve it.

#16 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:42 AM

View PostMortallyTransparentCupcake, on 15 December 2017 - 11:39 AM, said:

Pleaee DO NOT lower the match score needed for the stuffers. If you don't earn it, you do not deserve it.

I am just saying different rules for scouting vs invasion is all.

#17 Vysir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:50 AM

I'm not going to fight to get that 250 match score, not if it requires 25 minute faction warfare matches, on top of the wait time. I don't have 41+ hours to spend this holiday season with work and family. There's not a single mech on that list that's worth the hassle. I'm already burnt out from the last big event like this. I'm also wanting to take a break but cannot. PGI stuck me with 60 days premium time from the Osiris and another 60 from the Hellspawn. I'm no longer going to preorder any packs because of that. I'm not losing money because you offer a premium time incentive then force tired players to keep playing by instantly activating it. That's how people like me leave and never want to come back.

#18 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:52 AM

Some really nice giveaways, I really dont think anyone can be displeased by this.

#19 Groutknoll

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:02 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 15 December 2017 - 11:30 AM, said:

That brings up a good point, *could* one hypothetically get lootbags from scouting? I would think:
1) only get one/match
2) have a lower MS req

So, you're saying MS members are bad and need help to get the 250 FP match score? Posted Image

Wut?!? Posted Image Posted Image

#20 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 December 2017 - 12:03 PM

They could make it so that you get 1 loot back for 150 match score in fp, and another if you get 250
That way if you fail to make 250, but still got 150 like in a qp match, you still get something.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users