Mwo Holiday Sales

239 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 December 2017 - 11:49 PM

Hmm? :blink:

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 December 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

Imagine if there was a Mech bay sale in the near future tho.

That's something I would definitely look forward to! I'll be watching for it. :D

View Postspeedy mechanic, on 16 December 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Describe this Best ever C-Bill sale. I will see what I can do.

50% off all mech's?

Pardon my poking my nose in, but I still remember what happened when the 'MLX-G' hit 50% off. There was a big storm behind the scenes due to other people wrongfully 'taking advantage' of the situation. How about...
  • 50% Off (MC) Hero Mechs
  • 50% Off (C-Bill) Assault Mechs
  • 45% Off (C-Bill) Heavy Mechs
  • 40% Off (C-Bill) Medium Mechs
  • 35% Off (C-Bill) Light Mechs
  • ???% Off (MC) "(C)"-SubVariant(Champion/Community) Mechs
    (Yeah, I don't have an idea what would be appropriate there! I just have this bad feeling about 50% Off on those...)
...in order to prevent that happening again? I bet some (C-Bill) Variants that were released happened to be originally calculated around never having a 50% Off on them. :wacko:

Dang... and I just purchased 10 (C-Bill) Mechs with the Current 35% Off Sale. *facedesk* -_-

I don't suppose somebody could run a 'Behind The Scenes'-type Refund for Everyone of the (C-Bill) Difference between this Sale, versus a Sale with Greater (C-Bill) Savings? :mellow:

~D. V. "Seeing quite a bit to think forward about..." Devnull

#22 PanzerTC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 104 posts
  • LocationA Tank

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:20 AM

Matt/PGI - thanks for the part of the seasons sales. Almost 67 Million C-Bills spent today. About 150 Million in reserve. Looking for the ones I want in the future sales.

#23 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:25 AM

This is what I was hoping for :)

#24 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:29 AM

Thanks for the sales, Matt! Posted Image I've been eating my nails up to the elbows waiting for this! Looking forward to the rest of the sales. Any hint you could possibly slip? Posted Image

Btw, It's physically impossible to have a 35% sale on some mechs and then a week later a 50% one on the SAME ones, correct? You know what I mean... Posted Image

Many thanks again!

#25 utopian201

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:58 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 December 2017 - 11:49 PM, said:

[*]50% Off (MC) Hero Mechs
[*]???% Off (MC) "(C)"-SubVariant(Champion/Community) Mechs

Did you buy any when these were both 50% off less than a month ago during the Black Friday sale?

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:09 AM

View Postutopian201, on 17 December 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

Did you buy any when these were both 50% off less than a month ago during the Black Friday sale?

I missed out on the Hero Mech Sale, as well as the Mech Bay Sale, back during Black Friday. At the time, Thanksgiving and Family put a complete block on trying to take time to look through and find stuff I wanted. Being near a computer at that time was short-lived at best. :(

~D. V. "Having to miss out is exactly why I would be looking forward to certain types of sales now." Devnull

#27 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:27 AM

It's from the Cougar backward to the Viper by release date.

Describe this Best ever C-Bill sale. I will see what I can do.

For sure the "best ever cbill sale on mechs" would include all the mechs currently available in game for Cbills! Then you could add 30-35% off mastery packs, 50% off pattern unlocks (the permanent ones)...and anything else you may think will entice us to spend some Christmas money on getting all the MWO things...and please not more "select items" (go big or go home!). Thanks for the sale Matt...as a New Years "resolution" maybe PGI's marketing department could look at the long outdated 3-pack mechpack format and redesign it so we can buy the variants we want without having to buy 3 because we haven't had a need for 3 since the new skill tree launched. Thanks again and Happy Holidays PGI!

#28 KumoriMyou

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 86 posts
  • LocationCanada, Ontario

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:34 AM

who all here votes the sale should be until after the 27th when we get our bonus mc from loot bags and the 1250 from the giveaway thing

#29 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 04:21 AM

Great sale. Bought a bunch of stuff. Thanks.

#30 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 06:32 AM

Hmmm that Pahket is tempting for FP scouting MS challenges...

#31 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

I kind of regret buying the uziel. I bought the 2S and sold it an hour later and bought the 6P. The 6P is loaded with 6 meds and 5 jj.l and was finally able to score a good 650 damage from a match, but the regret is it just feels like a cicada or my Griffin 5N.

I skipped buying the roughneck because that weapon variety is all over the place. It's has ballistic, energy and missle hard points which makes weapon synergy difficult. At the same time, I expect to keep the the hero roughneck on December 27.

Currently I own the best mech of each weight class that are meta builds for each weapon type like lazer vomit, dakka, and srm builds. This might explain why I am regretting now.

#32 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:00 AM

Having the Mech bay sale come after the Mech sale sort of comes off as trolling your customers

#33 Chuanhao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 520 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:34 AM

Thanks for the sale!

What I find most amazing was that the very latest mechs were also on sale, such as cougar and uziel.

Well Played!

The has definitely been the season of giving with uber easy to achieve advent event and the 27th Dec special!

Enjoying myself and looking forward to Solaris.

#34 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:47 AM

Are there any other sales outlets in the near future?

Example: Ebon Jaguar, Mad Dog, Gargoyle, Awesome, etc...?

#35 Vysir

• PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:14 AM

View PostPanzerTC, on 17 December 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Matt/PGI - thanks for the part of the seasons sales. Almost 67 Million C-Bills spent today. About 150 Million in reserve. Looking for the ones I want in the future sales.

I thought the 35 million C-Bills I spent was a lot, guess I'm gonna need to buy more mechs to catch up. I'd like to see a Summoner on sale personally. A Highlander IIC would also be nice. Mechs I'd like to try but don't want to pay full price in case I despise them.

#36 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Howabout a '% off" in-mechbay coupon, so you could for example get 50% off on an XL engine, or 40% off converting a mech to double heat sinks? Might make it more tempting to buy expensive things like that 400XL, or maybe coupons discounting weapons, such as "buy 2 heavy large lasers get 1 free". Stuff like that.

#37 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

Damn, I bought too many mechs in this sales alone. I wonder which mech will be on sale next. Time to buy more mech bays!

#38 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:26 AM

They had a mechbay sale not even a month ago... was i the only one to stock up?

Edited by MovinTarget, 17 December 2017 - 08:36 AM.

#39 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 08:35 AM

I am still looking for a way to get the Hellbringer Invasion variant for less than $55-$60 dollars for that one Mech. I thought the last cash sale was going to be it but there was only a discount on the Tiers so it would have still cost me $60. The ala carte was not discounted and was $55. I already have 6 Hellbringers so I do not want 3 more for $55. I just want the special Invasion version. If you did a 50% off the ala carte or even 35% I would buy it and just sell the two I do not want.

Wishful thinking.

#40 General Pete

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 123 posts
  • Locationny usa

Posted 17 December 2017 - 09:48 AM

View PostChuanhao, on 17 December 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the sale!

What I find most amazing was that the very latest mechs were also on sale, such as cougar and uziel.

Well Played!

The has definitely been the season of giving with uber easy to achieve advent event and the 27th Dec special!

I agree, thanks PGI for some easy challenges- it's less stressful juggling these advent ones against life which constantly encroaches, especially around this time of year!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users