239 replies to this topic

#41 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:56 AM

So many sales recently (and upcoming). Very nice gesture indeed, PGI.

#42 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:07 PM

So.. the Sales goes for about 5 days from now... And if anyone looking for some cheap stuffs:

- UZL for XL300

- ASN for XL280

#43 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 01:43 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 December 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

[...]
Describe this Best ever C-Bill sale. I will see what I can do.
[...]

Take the most used ~50% variants and leave them as is, but put the ~50% least used mechs on sale. (Oh, and look into possibly buffing the least used mechs in a future update after verifying the mech sale doesn't bring up any new tactics with those chassis.)

View Postbraveheart95, on 16 December 2017 - 04:48 PM, said:

First post. Always wanted to say that. Posted Image

But you were second! The topic creator always has first post :P .

#44 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 02:15 PM

View PostShock21, on 17 December 2017 - 07:00 AM, said:

Having the Mech bay sale come after the Mech sale sort of comes off as trolling your customers

Really? Here I thought that people know by now that when there is a 50% sale on 'mechbays you stock up well in advance. There was one recently, I think it was part of the Black Friday sale.

#45 KrocodockleTheBooBoxLoader-GetIn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 337 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 03:21 PM

I liked the 30% off all packs. If they did that next week I'd probably pick up a couple ultimate packs

#46 Rhaezor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 122 posts
  • LocationPT

Posted 17 December 2017 - 05:02 PM

Does the 7 day xmas premium code has an activation time limit? And the mechcon patterns, do they have a redeem time limit?

#47 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 17 December 2017 - 07:19 PM

View PostShinRazor, on 17 December 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Does the 7 day xmas premium code has an activation time limit? And the mechcon patterns, do they have a redeem time limit?

My colour unlocks from Resistance/Origin mech packs don't have a time limit from the CONTENT link in PROFILE. The MechCon patterns are in the same place and too don't show a time limit, so my guess is no there's no time limit.

7 Days PT I read somewhere you have up to Feb but don't take my word for it.

#48 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 17 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

View PostShinRazor, on 17 December 2017 - 05:02 PM, said:

Matt answered here: https://mwomercs.com...ost__p__5974909

#49 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

Imagine if there was a Mech bay sale in the near future tho.

My suggestions for C-Bill Mech sales:
  • Always accompany Mech sales with Mech bay sales (how near is "near" in above statement?)
  • Give hints as when to expect the next pattern sale (so these new Mechs can get new clothes)
  • Tell us how the subset of Mechs on sale was determined (and add a hint about the next subsets)
  • More smaller sales instead of few big sales, so people can earn C-Bills in-between these sales (or more big sales, but this might spoil us too much Posted Image)
My personal best C-Bill sale would include the following Mechs to complete my IS collection, but I could very well understand if others had different preferences Posted Image:

COM-3A
COM-1B
TBT-3C
TBT-5N
TBT-7K
VND-1AA
VND-1R
ON1-K
ON1-M
ON1-V
ON1-VA
AWS-8R
AWS-8T
HGN-733
HGN-733C
AS7-D (I sold this one years ago, but I would buy it again)

And while I have your attention (at least I hope so), the following might be important for Mech package sales:

It would be nice if XP/SP could be transferred from non-(S) Mechs to their equivalent (S) version (and probably for (C), (I), ® and such, too), because personally I'm reluctant to invest SP in the normal versions in case I want to upgrade to the (S) version later. Or I'm reluctant to upgrade to the (S) version, because I already invested 91 SP (or more!) in the normal version.
Do others feel the same?

#50 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 01:17 AM

View PostSky Hawk, on 17 December 2017 - 01:07 PM, said:

So.. the Sales goes for about 5 days from now... And if anyone looking for some cheap stuffs:

- UZL for XL300

- ASN for XL280

Is there something weird going on with the prices? I purchase de Uziel 3P for 4.981.780 c-bills and the selling price is only 776.612 c-bills? That's not roughly a 15% of the sale price and not even a 10% of the original price!

Even if it's dependant on the purchase price (which I'm pretty sure it is), it seems a bit off.

At the same time, for instance, my Atlas 7D which can be purchased for 9.820.075 c-bills has a sell price of 2.959.321 c-bills. That's more like a 30% which is what one would expect. I must be doing something wrong...

Edited by dominikabra, 18 December 2017 - 01:19 AM.

#51 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:01 AM

View Postdominikabra, on 18 December 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

Is there something weird going on with the prices? I purchase de Uziel 3P for 4.981.780 c-bills and the selling price is only 776.612 c-bills? That's not roughly a 15% of the sale price and not even a 10% of the original price!

That's the normal price. Only if you sell the included components you will get 50% of the original price, e.g. 2450000 c-bills for the included XL300. But you will probably want to keep that :)

#52 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 18 December 2017 - 02:01 AM, said:

That's the normal price. Only if you sell the included components you will get 50% of the original price, e.g. 2450000 c-bills for the included XL300. But you will probably want to keep that Posted Image

Thanks but that's still weird because the Uziel is untouched. I'm trying to sell it exactly like I purchased it and still getting that ridiculously low price.

Edited by dominikabra, 18 December 2017 - 03:00 AM.

#53 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:42 AM

That's of course everything at 50% off! Posted Image

#54 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 03:24 AM

View Postdominikabra, on 18 December 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Thanks but that's still weird because the Uziel is untouched. I'm trying to sell it exactly like I purchased it and still getting that ridiculously low price.

If you click on the sell button for the first time (Edit: for the final sale you will need to click on OK afterwards), you will get a dialog window that allows you ticking a checkbox to sell the equipment, too.

Edited by ThomasAH, 18 December 2017 - 03:24 AM.

#55 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 04:39 AM

View PostThomasAH, on 18 December 2017 - 03:24 AM, said:

If you click on the sell button for the first time (Edit: for the final sale you will need to click on OK afterwards), you will get a dialog window that allows you ticking a checkbox to sell the equipment, too.

Thank you very much, sir! That makes much more sense now.

Had only rage-sold the BLR-1G a long time ago and didn't even care to look at the figures, just wanted that PoS far away from my mechbays, so I honestly had no clue about the selling price and consequences.

Edited by dominikabra, 18 December 2017 - 04:50 AM.

#56 I L L

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Any chance we get our tournament prizes so I can buy some of these hero mechs?

#57 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 05:01 AM

Imagine if there was a Mech bay sale in the near future tho.

Make sales more fun. All variants on sale is nice to complete sets you really want. But I'd recommend that you put a single variant of one chassis on big sale (50 or 60%), as a teaser to people to enjoy said mech, and maybe be an incentive for them to buy the others normally or with a regular sale. Like, gimme a single Annihilator for sale. I'd like to test ride one of those beasts before deciding to buy them for $ or cbills. Urban mech sales are always fun. And what happened to Saint Atlas and Commando elf? Definetely has to go on sale :P
Another idea: since christmas is about bonding with family and friends, give a sale on mechs that are primary support. AMS mechs, ECM mechs, some armor fatties, flamers, scouts..

while you're at it acknlowedging support is a viable thing in MWO, please also make it more rewarding in the game somehow :P

Also, reducing the upgrade cost for double heat sinks etc during a sale would be much appreciated. IS mechs barely save you any c-bills during a sale, because you consider buying a new engine, DHS, and armor, whereas for clan that is also included.

#58 sub2000

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 127 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:24 AM

View PostBrother MEX, on 16 December 2017 - 11:02 PM, said:

We already had 50% off some mechs in the past ... better ask for 666°% Posted Image

it is same actually. Quite a few smartasses got their account zeroed as a result of the last 50% discount of clam mechs. Shouldn't happen anymore I hope. So, no 50% discount, sorry.

Discount on mech upgrades, engines etc. would be something very special. I spend more than original cost on IS mechs usually because of all these additional costs.

Edited by sub2000, 19 December 2017 - 10:25 AM.

#59 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 10:42 AM

View Postsub2000, on 19 December 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

Discount on mech upgrades, engines etc. would be something very special. I spend more than original cost on IS mechs usually because of all these additional costs.

Sounds like something you could earn in FP: Vouchers for tech upgrades, omnipods, etc. ... you helped someone, now they give you special offers when using their upgrade services :)

#60 Spaartaaa

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 December 2017 - 11:55 AM

View Postsub2000, on 19 December 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

it is same actually. Quite a few smartasses got their account zeroed as a result of the last 50% discount of clam mechs. Shouldn't happen anymore I hope. So, no 50% discount, sorry.

What do you mean, zeroed? Why and what for?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users