3 replies to this topic

#1 Mountain Mechwarrior

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:55 AM

Dear PGI,

In order to introduce new players into Faction play please allow the following...

1. (Minimum):

Make all the invasion maps available in the private lobbies. This would allow us to walk new players through the maps and practice some basic wave tactics, both offense and defense.

2. (really nice to have)

Have a full invasion mode available as a private lobby. This is with drop decks, working gates, turrets, and objective destruction. This would allow training of new players in fully immersive environment.

The fist faction play experience a player sees should not be at the barrel of a ER Larger laser.

This expanded training arena may, just may (YRMV), improve the experience of new players trying faction play.

Please consider this suggestion.

P.S. - if someone thinks this is a worthwhile idea post it to Russ' Twitter feed.

Thanks

#2 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 21 December 2017 - 06:56 AM

I agree with your suggestions, particularly the first one.

But Russ has said there will be no work on FP until after Solaris is introduced.

#3 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:14 AM

Not the worst ideas.

Actually, my unit have training day today i want to train pushes for FP...my cheap solution would be to go into private lobby and play incursion to train that. At least there are gates and objectives...better than nothing.

But i would like to see the FP maps in private lobby.

#4 UnKnownPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 266 posts

Posted 21 December 2017 - 07:32 AM

I think that's a great idea, being able to walk someone through the map and explain the whys and then being able to show them the same thing from the other side straight away would be a really powerful learning tool and would really help new players fit in, you just need to get them in to a group of people first!

Plus even seasoned veterans could use it for things like checking ranges properly, looking at jump jet positions etc.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users