• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:02 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 December 2017 - 01:49 AM, said:

FP is a mode tailor made for units. It even warns you when you first press the FP tab. So why should units be reviled for playing in a mode specifically designed for them? You are making zero sense.

Sigh. What do you expect when PGI put in events that require people to play FP matches?

Frankly I'm with those poor pugs, they're literal underdogs (because pugs are a type of dog see?) but you come in with a big co-ordinated team and expect them to meekly line up to get slaughtered? In my opinion that makes you a terrible person.

FP is badly broken, PGI won't fix it but keep forcing people into it to complete events, and then you complain when they don't want to be ****** over. Bad form dude. Bad form.

#22 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:02 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 29 December 2017 - 01:58 AM, said:

You would be right if PGI wouldn't have made this an explicit public event for everyone you have to participate to get the goodies aka mechs.
So they actually tailored the events in FP mode in such a way that the Units and premade groups who should have been the primary target group of FP became the main problem for the majority of players.

So, no, I don't see FP targeted primarily towards Units anymore.

Nah, I consider the FP prizes as additional rewards for actually bothering to get organized in that mode, not just participating. If players can't handle that, they should be content with their QP loot bags alone.

View PostDogstar, on 29 December 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

Sigh. What do you expect when PGI put in events that require people to play FP matches?

Frankly I'm with those poor pugs, they're literal underdogs (because pugs are a type of dog see?) but you come in with a big co-ordinated team and expect them to meekly line up to get slaughtered? In my opinion that makes you a terrible person.

We don't play FP just to club seals, we would have been just as happy to face full 12-man BWC--but these pugs are what the MM gave us anyway. Pug or not, they are breaking the CoC, thus should be reported every time.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 December 2017 - 02:06 AM.

#23 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:33 AM

FP is simply 4 quickplays in a row, where you get 4 steamrolls in a row too, with a bad luck on draw.

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 08:51 PM.
encouragement of griefing

#24 PFC Carsten

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostCol Jaime Wolf, on 29 December 2017 - 02:26 AM, said:

And yes there is a problem, a real god damn ******* problem and its that players are dropping in a game with a heavy bias towards teamwork and coord and still demanding, no insisting that they "don't need no teamwork", they don't need to work together, they dont need no stinking consumables and refuse to even equip them, they don't need to ask for help or go to find a competent drop caller before just running up against an organized unit and then bitching and whining or doing this when the inevitable consequences of their decisions can no longer be denied.

That's the attitude that created the problem in the first place.

#25 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 02:40 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 08:55 PM.

#26 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

Ah, yes, the consequences of phase 3 are still with us.

They destroyed the mode by not listening to their player/customers.
When they finally "listened", it was too late.
When they finally "listened", they made changes the remaining folks really didn't care about.
They continue to exacerbate and practically celebrate their error by having CW based events which only act to advertise to the players of this game and the gaming world in general how poorly executed and poorly populated their "end game content" is.
And by continuing this farce they are effectively maintaining Russ's assertion all through the [Redacted] that was phase 3, that the game is "just fine."

What a joke. If you don't want to put up with this crap, on either side of the OP's situation, stop playing CW. Its that simple. Events be damned.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 08:58 PM.
inappropriate language

#27 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:00 AM

I wish the people who mass eject like this would just stay out of FP entirely. If you don't have even a little bit of fighting spirit in you where you just quit after a single wave then you have no business in the mode, go back to quickplay where you only have your one wave.

And its sad to see multiple people here applauding the actions of these quitters. Can we just go back to a forced requirement to at least be in a unit to get into FP. Maybe require that the unit have at least 2 players in it though you both don't have to drop at the same time. This would get rid of most of the bad pugs while leaving players who try to work as a team as the only population.

Honestly, can you all just let the people who enjoy FP just enjoy FP instead of constantly dropping in it uncoordinated and angry when you find anyone playing it the right way?

Edited by Dakota1000, 29 December 2017 - 03:02 AM.

#28 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:03 AM

I'm not sure why anyone would still play FP. It's been pointed out to PGI for years what the issues are, and they've done nothing.

To be fair, most of us did stop playing it, a long time ago. I agree it's a fairer solution than coming there to eject.

#29 jss78

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:08 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 09:05 PM.

#30 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:11 AM

View Postjss78, on 29 December 2017 - 03:08 AM, said:

[Redacted]

I'm more confused over why they'd join FP in the first place rather than QP if they're busy like that. I don't play FP unless I have a good amount of free time set out for the day.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 09:06 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#31 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:13 AM

Just gonna throw this out there but maybe you should positively call out the ones that actually had the backbone to fight instead of blacking the whole list.

Name and fame?

Edited by Dago Red, 29 December 2017 - 09:51 AM.

#32 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:15 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 29 December 2017 - 03:11 AM, said:

I'm more confused over why they'd join FP in the first place rather than QP if they're busy like that. I don't play FP unless I have a good amount of free time set out for the day.

For that badly plannet event, I bet.

The folks that would actually need the prize mechs are the folk that don't stand a chance getting it really. Perfect.

#33 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:25 AM

And another thing. Now if El Bandito's unit REALLY wanted to get a fight with another organized group, they would have contacted the guys from other units playing at the same time through their TS or messangers or what have you and syncdropped against each other. People been doing this for years in EVE:O if they want goodfights.

Saying 'we would be happy to play against another premade' while dropping in a 10 man group during event and not getting in touch with another group is a hypocricy. They knew they have a high chance to sealclub and they got their seals.

#34 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:29 AM

View PostxRatas, on 29 December 2017 - 03:15 AM, said:

For that badly plannet event, I bet.

The folks that would actually need the prize mechs are the folk that don't stand a chance getting it really. Perfect.

A guy with low spare time and with a job won't even need to grind FP for those mechs.

View PostNema Nabojiv, on 29 December 2017 - 03:25 AM, said:

And another thing. Now if El Bandito's unit REALLY wanted to get a fight with another organized group, they would have contacted the guys from other units playing at the same time through their TS or messangers or what have you and syncdropped against each other. People been doing this for years in EVE:O if they want goodfights.

Saying 'we would be happy to play against another premade' while dropping in a 10 man group during event and not getting in touch with another group is a hypocricy. They knew they have a high chance to sealclub and they got their seals.

All we care about is to get everyone in the unit full FP lootbags. We don't care about setting matches, and just drop ASAP. We roll over pugs and premades alike, most of the time anyway.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 December 2017 - 03:31 AM.

#35 PAYWALL

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 147 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:30 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 09:09 PM.

#36 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:33 AM

View PostPAYWALL, on 29 December 2017 - 03:30 AM, said:

[Redacted]

If only those chicken-livered tools had followed your example and stopped dropping in a mode they have no heart to play in...

View PostDago Red, on 29 December 2017 - 03:13 AM, said:

Just gonna throw this out there but maybe you should positively call out the ones that actiall had the backbone to fight instead of blacking the whole list.

Name and fame?

The only guy who had the guts to fight back was named Bucket of Joy.

Edited by draiocht, 29 December 2017 - 09:10 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#37 xRatas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 514 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 December 2017 - 03:33 AM, said:

If only those chicken-livered tools had followed your example and stopped dropping in a mode they have no heart to play in...

The only guy who had the guts to fight back was named Bucket of Joy.

I hope you guys had the balls to duel him so he had a chance for his event socks too.

#38 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

You did get to finish the match slightly quicker for another chance at finding a real unit opponent, silver linings...

#39 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:39 AM

View PostxRatas, on 29 December 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

I hope you guys had the balls to duel him so he had a chance for his event socks too.

(MS) freely offers/accepts duels to anyone interested in, only after we crush them first to ensure certain victory.

View PostSjorpha, on 29 December 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

You did get to finish the match slightly quicker for another chance at finding a real unit opponent, silver linings...

Yeah, but they still merited shaming for breaking CoC.

Edited by El Bandito, 29 December 2017 - 03:41 AM.

#40 Nema Nabojiv

• 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 29 December 2017 - 03:40 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 29 December 2017 - 03:29 AM, said:

All we care about is to get everyone in the unit full FP lootbags. We don't care about setting matches, and just drop ASAP. We roll over pugs and premades alike, most of the time anyway.

I dont understand why are you offended then. You got your lootbags.
The other team apparently had the same attitude - they dont care, they want lootbags, and they dont want to waste time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users