Is Vs Clan Mech On Scouting

77 replies to this topic

#21 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:03 AM

View PostGazbeard, on 31 December 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

Believe it or not but Clan LRMs are proving the most effective in scouting right now.

I don't believe it

Marquis ppl don't do kiting because it doubles, sometimes triples the length of the match, for this event it slows down your progress

#22 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:27 AM

I've dropped with plenty of teams who have lots of fun smoke diving, and I've dropped against them, too (4 IS 'mechs with stealth armor on each and every one of them. Doesn't even have to be a hero 'mech). But when there's an event on which requires a certain match score achievement, all of a sudden all strategy drops out of Scouting and it becomes the max-tonnage, meta-only brawl-fest that we're seeing.

#23 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:20 PM

Teamwork wins Scouting. Been rolled plenty of time by Huntsman wolfpacks are a mix of Shadowhawks, Hunchie IIC's and Cheetahs.

PGI should really think of dropping the Pouncer and Incubus/Vixen before another heaver (and I'm a fan of heavies)

#24 topgun505

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,625 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOhio

Posted 31 December 2017 - 12:46 PM

Scouting mode for Clans is a complete and utter waste or time ... it is beyond a joke. They have have no mechs under 55 tons that can compete with the brawling IS mechs out now.

I just pumped a dual LBX-20 shot into an Assassin at point blank range with his CT devoid of armor and yellow internals and HE WAS SHUT DOWN. It was a cannot-miss shot. I blasted him, and he powered back up and kept on going. Utterly ridiculous.

Edited by topgun505, 31 December 2017 - 12:47 PM.

#25 unmitigated

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:10 PM

The long and the short of it is, it needs to be adjusted after the events is over if you are going to get people play it. Scouting has been one sided for a while now to the point where I just quit doing it. I ran it bunch this week because of the event, but the goal was a 250 match score not a win....so it turned into streak/srm brawls with people farming damage for points instead of kills. Perhaps a total tonnage limit below 200 to force a mix of mech choice.

#26 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:30 PM

View Postunmitigated, on 31 December 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

The long and the short of it is, it needs to be adjusted after the events is over if you are going to get people play it. Scouting has been one sided for a while now to the point where I just quit doing it. I ran it bunch this week because of the event, but the goal was a 250 match score not a win....so it turned into streak/srm brawls with people farming damage for points instead of kills. Perhaps a total tonnage limit below 200 to force a mix of mech choice.

Perhaps knock off 5 tons max team weight for each member of your team... so an IS 4man could bring 200 tons total, not 220... preventing a bushy lance...

#27 Longhammer

Rookie

• Hauptmann-Kommandant
  • Hauptmann-Kommandant
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:50 PM

I stand with those who point out that clanners coming to brawl negates most of their tech advantages, or rather, minimizes IS deficiencies. Clan teams generally have the speed advantage, which should mean that they control the range of the encounter. Immediately charging to minimum range brawl throws their speed and range advantages right out the window. I agree that there should be more emphasis on playing the minigame, in all game modes. One thing I have noticed about scout mode is that clan teams tend to ignore the data collection aspect of the game, so that when they win, and they do win quite a bit, they retrieve fewer intel points. Intel gathering should definitely be better reflected in match score, XP, Cb, and loyalty rewards. But I also feel it should be pointed out that the IS side has more organized scout teams, since many IS players who like faction play are tired of getting their face pushed in by clan 12-mans.

This is not a tech problem, this is a culture problem. Clan teams are refusing to play smart and demanding that changes be made so that they don't have to. Change the rewards enough to make them think, and they will.

#28 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 01:56 PM

View PostLonghammer, on 31 December 2017 - 01:50 PM, said:

This is not a tech problem, this is a culture problem. Clan teams are refusing to play smart and demanding that changes be made so that they don't have to.

This. Clan players do this for scouting, IS players do it for invasion Posted Image

#29 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:03 PM

Yes, it is time to set the maximum tonnage for the Clan scouting dropdeck back to 55 tons, now that the IS has many viable options for scouting like the Bushwhacker and the Assassin 21.

#30 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:12 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 29 December 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

I can already see speed tweaked atm crows kiting bushies

Max Speed Stormcrow = 104
Max Speed Bushwacker = 114

If you’re afraid of ATM you should be afraid of Huntsman, because Bushwacker can’t jump.

Edited by AlphaEtOmega, 31 December 2017 - 02:21 PM.

#31 Anunknownlurker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 362 posts
  • LocationBetween here and there

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:26 PM

(to the tune of Ich bin ein Musikante)

Meta, meta, meta-cheese
Meta-cheese, meta-cheese
Meta, meta, meta-cheese
meta, meta-cheese

And a Happy New Year to one and all!

#32 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 02:31 PM

View PostAlphaEtOmega, on 31 December 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

Max Speed Stormcrow = 104
Max Speed Bushwacker = 114

If you’re afraid of ATM you should be afraid of Huntsman, because Bushwacker can’t jump.

umm ok, Max Speed of stormcrow loaded to the brim with weapons = 104, max speed of a well armed bushie that most people use, 75-90?

I'm not afraid of ATMs, I just think 2 weeks after crows are brought back and the scouting bar is pinned at clans these forums will be filled with crybaby OMFG Clam op, crow op, screw you guys Im going home type of threads

#33 UrbanTarget

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 116 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 03:22 PM

A lot of the vomit cheese that made crows hated has been nerfed. They may still have speed over huntsman but apart from massive sl/spl vomit, huntsman can front a bigger alpha typically.

#34 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 31 December 2017 - 07:38 PM

View PostUrbanTarget, on 31 December 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

A lot of the vomit cheese that made crows hated has been nerfed. They may still have speed over huntsman but apart from massive sl/spl vomit, huntsman can front a bigger alpha typically.

Yes, but IS Mechs can out brawl clans due to shorter weapon cool downs, lower heat and tighter missile spread. And the range advantage that Clan Mechs have is not much of a benefit in most scouting games.

#35 SCHLIMMER BESTIMMER XXX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 879 posts
  • LocationNiemalsland

Posted 31 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

View PostGazbeard, on 31 December 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

The biggest problem right now is the 4 x Bushwhacker IS Scout teams - the last round of "rebalancing" nerfed Clan weapons past the breaking point and it's "almost" impossible for clan teams to beat them. Even Huntsmen have issues facing 5 x SRM4 supported by an LBX-10, CT ERLL, and 3-4 LMGs per Bushwhacker. Even when you think you've "sticked" them - they still have that damned LL left.

The other thing that is way off balance this event is the armour on some of the IS mechs - I've had dozens of scouting matches this week where all 4 clan mechs are pounding a single IS mech and it refuses to shed armour. Believe it or not but Clan LRMs are proving the most effective in scouting right now.

the lack of visibility of your tier renders your whole comment nonsense

Posted Image

#36 Bjorn JorgenssonX

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:12 PM

How about we make scouting about scouting and not about 4v4 brawls with medium and light mechs?

#37 Derek_Wildstar

• PipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 December 2017 - 11:15 PM

View PostTWIAFU, on 31 December 2017 - 07:26 AM, said:

And they just have to close to under 120m and get easy kill if boating ATMs.

Posted Image

I LOVE to see ATM boats on Scouting - such a one trick pony easily circumvented.

ATM boats work great if you are in a open space with 1200+ meters in front of you before they get to you. but people wanna hide in cities and mountains and then get ambushed and die

#38 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 01:21 AM

It is realy boring. All I see are Huntsman on top of buildings, realy expecting u go full yolo

Edited by Ignatius Audene, 01 January 2018 - 01:22 AM.

#39 Longhammer

Rookie

• Hauptmann-Kommandant
  • Hauptmann-Kommandant
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:35 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 31 December 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

This. Clan players do this for scouting, IS players do it for invasion Posted Image

That's super easy to say, isn't it? But it doesn't mean much when we're sitting in a thread full of clanners complaining about brawling not working all the time for them when it's the only thing IS does almost as well, not IS players complaining about issues where the only reliable answers given amount to "well then start playing clans."

Maybe you might illustrate your point with some examples.

#40 Andrew W Wiggins

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2018 - 12:53 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 30 December 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

Work the range. Stay at 300m.

Ffs don't bring lrms/ATMs. Or erlls.

That should be gospel.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users