Kicking Marik's asses <3

#43 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 January 2018 - 03:31 AM, said:

Yeah it's pretty funny Russ coming out and saying no more resources to FP until after Solaris is finished... Yet they didn't deliver half of what they said they would in 2017 (from the 2016 discussions)... And stuff they did deliver was 9 months late.

Shocking really.

That said if utter disgraceful patch/upgrade/death sentence that was FP3.0 was not dropped upon us - IMO - FP would not have died off and MWO as a whole, as much as it did.

Killing off a number of large units and players was a true masterstroke of ignorance.
notable trend since closed alpha/beta really...

#44 Hal Greaves

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 304 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 11:57 AM

I'm guessing we're never gonna get an answer from PGI about FP huh? Maybe we should spam Russ a bit until we do?

#45 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

View PostHal Greaves, on 19 June 2018 - 11:57 AM, said:

I'm guessing we're never gonna get an answer from PGI about FP huh? Maybe we should spam Russ a bit until we do?

As fun as that may be, I've spamed him enough about some other things lately, I'll give him a brake.

Edited by Grus, 19 June 2018 - 03:18 PM.

#46 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 20 June 2018 - 02:45 PM

#rememberwazan

#47 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

<pops in, takes a look around....>

Checking in, my semi-annual pilgrimage to the MWO forums... a bit sad to see nothing major announced for FP. FP has been long, long overdue for a major development effort ...

<quietly exits, noting that nothing has changed.>

#48 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2018 - 12:55 AM

View PostKyrie, on 20 June 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

<pops in, takes a look around....>

Checking in, my semi-annual pilgrimage to the MWO forums... a bit sad to see nothing major announced for FP. FP has been long, long overdue for a major development effort ...

<quietly exits, noting that nothing has changed.>

<looking over the plain and see a good guy>

"You see this? He wants to go away again!"

"Catch him!"

<starts running>

Posted Image

#49 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,970 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 22 June 2018 - 02:44 AM

Beta II

https://www.pcgamesn...en-for-business

#50 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 03 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

View PostPugghunter666, on 31 December 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

dear PGI,

Please return faction warfare to the original way to play it.
Houses against house, clans against clans and houses against clans.
That was the only way people have played it and I for one see players not liking that you have not followed any of the original timeline from the battletech universe.
So if you would like to see your player base climb again, return the faction play to the 2.0 version and see as much as 2500 players return to MWO.
I also have heard about your way to IP ban players that use hacks and still you have the game pay to play which is why your player base again is down to only half what it was in the last 2 years I have been playing.
if you would like to increase your player base drop prices for MC and allow mech bays to be paid for with c-bills and I promise you that players will return for the real game in which it is suppose to be played.
I have loved this game and the battletech universe since the 80's when it was just a tabletop game for those of us that understand the concept of win or die has been part of me and my family for 30 years.
also do not let the bigger player units dictate the outcome of a game that can be so much better if you listen to all the players that have been there since the beginning of its creation.
Show the community that you are not a money grabbing corporation and a caring group of battletech enthusiasts that wants player to play not wreck a game that is fun and intriguing.
I have put money into your game and now I refuse to do so and I have people that will join me in boycotting your product if you can not see the travesty you have created that has us real MechWarrior standing against the tyranny of a few bad eggs in your midst.
Show the players that you can do the right thing and give us our game back the way it is suppose to be played.
well my rant is over and now I leave the community to choose the fait of the universe that is BATTLETECH.

FROM YOUR FRIEND Puggshunter ambassador of the Outworlds alliance and friend to clan snow raven
Posted Image

#51 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:00 PM

I’d like to see a return to Phase 2, with a bit of the good stuff re added back in from 3 and 4, then new stuffs.

#52 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:16 PM

View PostWindscape, on 05 December 2018 - 02:00 PM, said:

I’d like to see a return to Phase 2, with a bit of the good stuff re added back in from 3 and 4, then new stuffs.

What good stuff? 20k uninstalled players?

#53 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 02:44 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 05 December 2018 - 02:16 PM, said:

What good stuff? 20k uninstalled players?

There were problems in phase two and some good ideas in phase 3 and 4, although as a whole the latter phases sucked.

#54 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,579 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 20 June 2018 - 02:45 PM, said:

#rememberwazan

#neverforget
Posted Image

#55 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:12 AM

View PostWill9761, on 05 December 2018 - 03:39 PM, said:

#neverforget
Posted Image

What, that there's always some jackwagon off on a flank up high sniping in a QD instead of down in front sharing armor with his teammates in a push?

Wazan was fun because both factions were on, every day, pushing for it. There was a sense of faction identity and purpose. Much like in real war it's not that Wazan was valuable - we didn't even have MC rewards for tagging worlds. It's just that we didn't want those Marik ******** to have it.

They were good fights not because both sides were full of ubermensch in ubermechs but because everyone invested in the outcome. It made it so fun to play.

#56 Orion3025

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 42 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 December 2018 - 08:29 AM

Damned straight. <S> to the hard fighting military of the Free Worlds League and <S> to my brothers and sisters of the Federated Suns who shed blood in that campaign.

Edited by Orion3025, 06 December 2018 - 08:30 AM.

#57 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

Dear FWL.

I wish I could still go and shoot you guys. Just you guys. And take your stuff. Not 'Inner Sphere' guys stuff.

Your stuff in particular.

XOXOXO,

All of Davion.

#58 Aylward

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 606 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCleveland, OH

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:53 PM

we were really fond of the space bacon on our beef and cheddars.... Posted Image Posted Image

#59 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:13 PM

View PostAylward, on 06 December 2018 - 12:53 PM, said:

we were really fond of the space bacon on our beef and cheddars.... Posted Image Posted Image

Did you see the laundry list of stuff potentially coming to FW?

If that all ends up in game....

Posted Image

#60 FireStoat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:24 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 January 2018 - 04:05 AM, said:

Hacking/Cheating has never really been a major issue. Bad players make out it's a huge problem, but it just isn't. They dont know the difference between good play and hacks anyhow

This actually was a major issue back during the Marauder IIC launch winter months and then again very recently this autumn. I could drop details in this post but then a mod will take offense, and it would be correct of them to do so. The biggest offender was a salty player that made a poorly worded rap video to PGI about being banned. You know the person I'm talking about.

This was one of the things that had me drop playing altogether until PGI patched them out. Going back to the OP's post, if the game was returned to a state where IS mechs were fighting vs other IS mechs, and it was clan vs clan and then only having clan vs IS happening with events, I'd be down for it.

Edited by FireStoat, 07 December 2018 - 01:27 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users