Mcii-Ds Builds

6 replies to this topic

#1 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 02 January 2018 - 02:09 AM

Here's my experimental semi-brawling mech design. I'm doing remarkably well with it, (highest KMDD to Damage ratio of any of my mechs) but I think I can probably do better. Any pointers would be appreciated.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49ea51960d9918a
https://kitlaan.gitl...ef9cc#s=Weapons (yes, I have an LBX and 2 Gauss nodes despite not running them, I tried them and found the UACs to be better for me)

#2 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 02 January 2018 - 07:53 PM

This is the Deathstrike I run, and it's a ton of fun. It's pretty cold, has solid burst, and generally surprises people who don't expect a Deathstrike to want to brawl with them.

#3 Kwea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 374 posts

Posted 02 January 2018 - 08:42 PM

my eyes are bleeding after looking at that.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 02 January 2018 - 09:54 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 02 January 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

Here's my experimental semi-brawling mech design. I'm doing remarkably well with it, (highest KMDD to Damage ratio of any of my mechs) but I think I can probably do better. Any pointers would be appreciated.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...49ea51960d9918a
https://kitlaan.gitl...ef9cc#s=Weapons (yes, I have an LBX and 2 Gauss nodes despite not running them, I tried them and found the UACs to be better for me)

Why would you get duration nodes for small lasers? Gauss nodes without Gauss? LBX spread without LBX? Totally wasting nodes, cbills etc.

Anyway you have too much ammo for QP and that skill tree is just wrong for decent play.

If you must use those weapons then use THIS BUILD and THIS SKILL MAZE.
You'll run MUCH cooler, survive longer - while doing the DPS you need.

Overall though that is quite possibly the worst build I've seen on a Deathstrike.

#5 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 03 January 2018 - 12:27 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 02 January 2018 - 09:54 PM, said:

Why would you get duration nodes for small lasers? Gauss nodes without Gauss? LBX spread without LBX? Totally wasting nodes, cbills etc.

Because I got those nodes back when I was experimenting the first couple days after its release, and it does fairly well as a pure laser mech. And because I flatly stated that was my reason for getting them in the first place.

Anyway you have too much ammo for QP and that skill tree is just wrong for decent play.

I have noticed the average match ends with me having ~100 rounds left... I designed it that way because I didn't want to run out before I learned how much was the right amount for my skill with aiming and hitting the target in a normal game.

If you must use those weapons then use THIS BUILD and THIS SKILL MAZE.
You'll run MUCH cooler, survive longer - while doing the DPS you need.

1. Why does that build leave the CT empty of everything? That seems wasteful. (I've never had a CT crit)
2. I never said it needed those weapons specifically, I just asked for pointers. (and not for any that included Gauss, as I found I am not very good with them)
3. The engine. I'm extremely unlikely to get any new engines, since I already have the 360 and 400. Besides, that's a 5.9m c-bill cost to increase the weight by 1 ton, just to add 1.7kph to the mech... Doesn't seem worth it to me.
4. That skill tree focusses on heat, but it's already cooling off faster than almost all of my other mechs by that point. I'm used to running hot and using cover during the cooldowns, not standing out in the open facetanking damage while I wait for my weapons to cycle.
5. Thanks for the suggestion, I may try it later.

Overall though that is quite possibly the worst build I've seen on a Deathstrike.

That is your opinion.

_______________________________________________________________________________________

After some consideration, I decided to reduce the ammo, and rearrange a little. Here's my most recent tweak.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...4ed71898e7a481c

Edited by BTGbullseye, 03 January 2018 - 12:44 AM.

#6 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,033 posts

Posted 03 January 2018 - 02:15 AM

I've had some surprisingly good results running DEATHSTRIKE practically stock.
Obviously it's quite hot but I fire the UACs and ERML as the primary group until the UACs jam and save the MPLs for when they're worth using. At the medium-ish ranges I like to play at I normally have opportunity to cool down, but you've gotta stay mobile.
You may also choose to swap out the hoverjets for anything else.

#7 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 January 2018 - 06:14 AM

I do think you would be well-served to drop the skill nodes that don't actually benefit you. They only cost 400 xp to get back if you decide to change the build, and then you could put them towards stuff that actually benefits what you're doing right now.

The skill tree for my Deathstrike looks like this. Laser Duration because the HMLs absolutely require that lowered duration and a bunch in the Survival tree because folks focus you HARD in a Deathstrike. The mobility stuff is actually probably not necessary, but I'd definitely go in at least 10 points for Torso Speed and Pitch, dumping the rest into Firepower, Survival or Operations, possibly like this.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users