Anybody Elese Getting Tired Of Uac Jam Bugs?

95 replies to this topic

#41 MauttyKoray

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 05 January 2018 - 03:45 PM, said:

Yes you cannot replicate it in TESTING Grounds

It must be in private lobby or live match - nothing done in testing grounds can be trusted, this has been proven many times.

Anyway found Jay's vid on it...

So here's a thought...I assume they did this on a mech they normally play. One with Cooldown reduction active.

Is the cooldown reduction affecting it? Is its implemented in a way that is working off the base cooldown and thus any reduction is triggering the single tap jams?

#42 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 01:55 PM

View PostMauttyKoray, on 08 January 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

So here's a thought...I assume they did this on a mech they normally play. One with Cooldown reduction active.

Is the cooldown reduction affecting it? Is its implemented in a way that is working off the base cooldown and thus any reduction is triggering the single tap jams?

I've tested it on unskilled 'mechs before, when this point came up in other threads, so that doesn't stop it.

#43 IL MECHWARRIOR

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:16 PM

all uacs need a jam chance reduciton of at least 50%

Edited by anonymous223, 08 January 2018 - 02:16 PM.

#44 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:31 PM

In my experience most UACs do alright but UAC/2s are just not worth it. They jam so often that you will actually have higher DPS with regular AC/2s than with UAC/2s.

#45 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 02:34 PM

Are you kidding? UAC/2 are the most useful of the bunch because you can mass enough of them that they rarely all jam at once. With just four, you almost always have at least two of them going at once, which is equivalent to four standard AC/2 in output. And with the short jam duration, they come back online quickly after they go out.

Combine with range and the velocity to use it, and they are pretty good.

#46 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 03:06 PM

The changes to the UACs were baffling because they made the changes to UAC jam chances and Jam duration around Nov 2016 to control the KDK-3 and Night Gyr that were boating UACs. Now the only way you can use UACs reliably is to boat them so you still have a weapon or two when two of them jam at the same time no matter how you manage your button mashing.

#47 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 08 January 2018 - 05:41 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 04 January 2018 - 10:14 PM, said:

Jay Z also did this testing some 6+ months ago now and PGI we're made aware back then... Bug still isn't fixed and really, it's a pretty big issue. I've had 3UACs jam same time on a single tap before... It's ridiculous and literally kills you as you step out to do DMG and you are instantly gimped.

Yep, had this happen a lot of times which is why I don't like em.

#48 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:19 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

You didn't understand my comment. I said nothing about jamming without double-tapping. I said it is impossible to jam on the first click. Jay Z managed to shoot all his UAC2s before jamming, which means his UAC2s did not jam at the first click. Probably due to latency the server interpreted his clicks as double tap.

It is not immpossible, that is the whole point of complaint. UACs are supposed to only jam on double tab. As of now they do have a chance to jam even after one single click.
You can literally have a jammed UAC in a game where you clicked the firing button once.

#49 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:52 PM

View PostRampage, on 08 January 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

The changes to the UACs were baffling because they made the changes to UAC jam chances and Jam duration around Nov 2016 to control the KDK-3 and Night Gyr that were boating UACs. Now the only way you can use UACs reliably is to boat them so you still have a weapon or two when two of them jam at the same time no matter how you manage your button mashing.

100% correct.

What PGI sought to stop was what they encouraged more by that "Balance" pass.

I used to run Dual UAC10 TBR/EBJs/WHK etc... But after the changes any less than 3 UACs (Boated) are just plain useless builds now.

#50 Xetelian

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,393 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:28 PM

View Postl33tworks, on 06 January 2018 - 08:23 AM, said:

The worst part is if you are mashing the fire button to fire the next round as fast as possible while focusing on the enemy and your aim, it jams more than if you just slowly press and release the button, both of which i am speaking about DOUBLE TAPPING.

W T F.

The chances should be identical but they are not..Ive been saying this forever and people told me no its not true, but it is just like that time everyone said laser damage was wrong but pgi said it wasnt but then found a problem.a d fixed it, same with machine guns.

I also have an issue where I smash the button but sometimes it just doesn't bother to double tap.

Also, the times where ALL four or more of my UACs jam at the same time is pretty goddamn frequent.

#51 chucklesMuch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,424 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:53 PM

View PostXetelian, on 13 January 2018 - 05:28 PM, said:

I also have an issue where I smash the button but sometimes it just doesn't bother to double tap.

Also, the times where ALL four or more of my UACs jam at the same time is pretty goddamn frequent.

Nothing quite like seeing 4 simultaneously jammed uac's to encourage laser vomit builds

#52 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 13 January 2018 - 01:19 PM, said:

It is not immpossible, that is the whole point of complaint. UACs are supposed to only jam on double tab. As of now they do have a chance to jam even after one single click.
You can literally have a jammed UAC in a game where you clicked the firing button once.

Perhaps you are correct, but I have not seen a single video of it to prove such claim. So show me. Show me a clip where nothing comes out of the barrel instead of the first shot, but the gun jams anyway. Then we can put it to rest.

Edited by El Bandito, 13 January 2018 - 06:53 PM.

#53 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:10 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 13 January 2018 - 06:51 PM, said:

Perhaps you are correct, but I have not seen a single video of it to prove such claim. So show me. Show me a clip where nothing comes out of the barrel instead of the first shot, but the gun jams anyway. Then we can put it to rest.

No, the first shot comes out, that was never called. The bug is that the uac jams after afterwards without actually getting double tapped. You click once, it shots once and then it jams on its own. Get it now?

It's difficult to tape since you not only needs to screencap but alos have a second camera recording how often you clicked the mousebutton. Just sayin'

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 18 January 2018 - 10:22 AM.

#54 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 14 January 2018 - 01:10 AM, said:

No, the first shot comes out, that was never called.

I can confirm that it does happen with dual C-UAC20 on any MCII. Occasionally jams without firing at all, just a 0 damage, and have to wait for unjam. Unjam also seems to take a little longer when this happens. (about 50% longer)

#55 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:37 AM

just popping in to laugh at how PGI hasn't fixed this 4+ yr old bug. ffs

lmao

sweet baby jesus.

#56 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:39 AM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 14 January 2018 - 01:20 AM, said:

I can confirm that it does happen with dual C-UAC20 on any MCII. Occasionally jams without firing at all, just a 0 damage, and have to wait for unjam. Unjam also seems to take a little longer when this happens. (about 50% longer)

That is the exact kind of phenomenon that I do not believe in. People claim that all the time but never have any proof of it. As I said, a video will certainly put that argument to rest.

#57 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 01:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 January 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

That is the exact kind of phenomenon that I do not believe in. People claim that all the time but never have any proof of it. As I said, a video will certainly put that argument to rest.

I would video it, but I already have trouble getting above 20 FPS at minimum settings on this 7 year old budget gaming laptop, so I physically can't. (best computer in my entire family too)

#58 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 14 January 2018 - 03:43 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 14 January 2018 - 01:39 AM, said:

I haven't seen that complaint, usually folks reporting that uacs behave like doubletabs while only being tabbed once.
I have encountered it rarely, likewhile, uacs doubletab (without jamming) while i only clicked once as well as tapping chainfiring once but the system fires the next weapon almost instantly after my first click.
I'd say over a dozent times in the last few years, first i tought my firecontrol was off then i tought my mouse is faulty. Over the years and 4 different mices i can assure you that it is system based and not within the fault of a player.

I had a pf match with a buddy once where we got pushed and i asked him why he's not firing. He told me that his c-uac20 jammed up without him firing it at all. That is my only encounter with a uac jamming without getting fired at all. He is credible for me, tho.

#59 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,725 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 14 January 2018 - 04:01 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 08 January 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

Are you kidding? UAC/2 are the most useful of the bunch because you can mass enough of them that they rarely all jam at once. With just four, you almost always have at least two of them going at once, which is equivalent to four standard AC/2 in output. And with the short jam duration, they come back online quickly after they go out.

Combine with range and the velocity to use it, and they are pretty good.

One of my favee builds on my clan account is a quad UAC2 Night Gyr (only on the hero afaik) because it's just so much fun clicking madly at the fire button to spam them you really do need at least four of them though and that itself should tell you a lot about how crappy ballistics are in and of itself.

#60 Seranov

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 529 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 January 2018 - 05:37 AM

I, also, have a double UAC20 Deathstrike and I have never experienced it failing to fire at all. Literally never, and not the figurative literally. I am entirely convinced that anyone who has experienced such a thing is likely lagging or experiencing some sort of desync, because if it's not reproducible in the testing ground, that means it's linked to how the server is deciding things while also trying to decide things for 23 other players.

I'm with Bandito. The good ol' "video [sic] or it never happened."

21 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 21 guests, 0 anonymous users