Anybody Elese Getting Tired Of Uac Jam Bugs?

95 replies to this topic

#81 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 17 January 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 17 January 2018 - 07:49 AM, said:

Sadly not. That is the whole point of capturing this stupid bug. Since you appearently don't trust anyone here, how do you know i did not mash the firing button without videoproof of me not mashing the button?

Mashing the button DOES. NOT. MATTER. All I need as proof is that the gun will not fire anything, the ammo will not count down, but the gun jams immediately. You don't need to watch the mouse for that.

#82 B L O O D W I T C H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,426 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:22 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 17 January 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

Mashing the button DOES. NOT. MATTER. All I need as proof is that the gun will not fire anything, the ammo will not count down, but the gun jams immediately. You don't need to watch the mouse for that.

Oh, gotcha. Talked about different bugs then.
Ofc, simply saying that you did not meant the doubletap jam without actually double tapping bug wasn't rude enough for a reply.

#83 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 06:37 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 18 January 2018 - 06:22 AM, said:

Oh, gotcha. Talked about different bugs then.
Ofc, simply saying that you did not meant the doubletap jam without actually double tapping bug wasn't rude enough for a reply.

I woulda been more polite except I already made my position clear on page 2! And I am sick of repeatedly explaining it, not just on this thread, but also on other UAC jam bug threads.

View PostEl Bandito, on 07 January 2018 - 05:49 PM, said:

You didn't understand my comment. I said nothing about jamming without double-tapping. I said it is impossible to jam on the first click. Jay Z managed to shoot all his UAC2s before jamming, which means his UAC2s did not jam at the first click. Probably due to latency the server interpreted his clicks as double tap.

Edited by El Bandito, 18 January 2018 - 06:39 AM.

#84 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

View PostShinichi Yamamoto, on 04 January 2018 - 08:38 PM, said:

This is no bug. It works as intended, in that every trigger has a certain probability of causing a jam, even if it is the first one.
Lazy programming, yes. Lon-lore-conform jamming mechanism, yes. Bug, no.

This is just outright false. The coding only allows jams on a double tap, and normal cooldown shots should never jam. Now, There are 2 possible reasons to explain the current bug some people (minority of people) get with the UACs. 1st reason is a connection error with the server, making it think you are doubletapping when you aren't. 2ndly, and is the problem most people have, is that their gaming mouse has a connection error which makes it send 2 clicks in the span of miliseconds, making you doubletap when only clicking once. I've done my own testing with UACs, and it seems the sooner you fire your doubletap the more likely it will jam.

#85 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:21 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 18 January 2018 - 06:37 AM, said:

I woulda been more polite except I already made my position clear on page 2! And I am sick of repeatedly explaining it, not just on this thread, but also on other UAC jam bug threads.

And again, since you missed it probably, it is not impossible to jam them on first click. Like i said they still fire but jam immediately afterwards.

#86 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 07:46 AM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 18 January 2018 - 07:21 AM, said:

And again, since you missed it probably, it is not impossible to jam them on first click. Like i said they still fire but jam immediately afterwards.

And like I said in that very quoted post that the game could have interpreted the click as double click--which means I already acknowledged the fact a single tap can be counted as double--I am only disbelieving that the gun will not fire. I bloody know what I am talking about.

#87 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:20 AM

For the sake of clarity, can we agree that;

"Jam on first click" means an unintentional double tap, for whatever reason. First shot leaves the UAC, ammo is consumed, weapon jams.

"Jam on first shot" means a jam with no shot fired, for whatever reason. No shot leaves the UAC, no ammo is consumed, weapon jams.

Or vice versa, whichever we can agree on?

#88 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 11:47 AM

OK, I'm getting frustrated: why, in a faster than light space universe, would a UAC even have the potential to jam????

EL you and many above are correct. It's just outright stupid that they'd jam in any condition...... Oh, we can fly between the stars without becoming expanding clouds of plasma but, we can't build a fast firing cannon that doesn't jam..........duh...

Good grief.

#89 panzer1b

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 703 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 03:50 PM

Im pretty sure the bugs were fixed, but what annoys me is the fact that UACs are stupidly notorious for jamming at the absolute worst times, almost always costing you your life against any good player.

In that effect, the only clan mech that i have where ive truly been able to make UACs work in the HBK-IIC regular which carries 2 UAC-10 and 2 ERSL and a crapload of ammo with top engine. What makes it work, is the fact that its mobile enough to get out of there when i get bad RNG, and its good mobility makes it far easier to maintain the optimal distance in a fight (dont wanna be brawling with UAC10s but wanna stay around 500m or less so its not hard to hit stuff). Ive had mixed success with a single UAC-10/20 on say hellbringer or timber, but the reason it worked in that case was the fact that i still had 40-50 alfa strike with lasers in the event of a jam. I treated the UAC as more of a secondary then primary since its quite unreliable at dealing damage, sometimes jamming after the 1st shot, sometimes letting me hit the target 10 times with 0 jams, entirely RNG based.

On IS they seem much better, but the same issues apply, not only do they have burst mechanics (10/20 class), but they jam at the worst possible time more often then not. Still, ive found 2 UAC5s to be comparable to 3 AC-5s at anything but PPFLD, so there is that on mechs like the MAD3R which i really dont want to run a standard in (i can get 2 UAC5 with 20-30 laser or PPC alfa backup on a LFE-300, or i can run 3 AC-5s with 2 ERML or 4 ERSL and a STD-300).

#90 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

View PostAsym, on 18 January 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

Oh, we can fly between the stars without becoming expanding clouds of plasma...

I mean, in the current timeline? No we can't. Jump ships are precious.

#91 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostAsym, on 18 January 2018 - 11:47 AM, said:

OK, I'm getting frustrated: why, in a faster than light space universe, would a UAC even have the potential to jam???? Oh, we can fly between the stars without becoming expanding clouds of plasma but, we can't build a fast firing cannon that doesn't jam..........duh...

Because a weapon with that power on a rotating chassis that is firing much faster than the mounting was originally designed to bear and caused vibrations that caused internal damage. Add that to the magnetic firing mechanism that could potentially fuse a round to the chamber, the chance is definitely not 0. It was one of those things that the rigorous testing in labs somehow didn't catch and noone knew about it till it got to battlefield conditions.

#92 Prokul

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:08 AM

Do they have any idea how rarely this happens in the board game? With UACs, not RACs?
If the intention was to balance them out then they should have lowered their firing rate a little.

#93 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 10:44 AM

View PostProkul, on 08 March 2018 - 10:08 AM, said:

Do they have any idea how rarely this happens in the board game? With UACs, not RACs?
If the intention was to balance them out then they should have lowered their firing rate a little.

Don't they jam for the rest of the game in TT, as opposed to just a short term thing?

I know which version I prefer, given the choice.

#94 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:48 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 08 March 2018 - 10:44 AM, said:

Don't they jam for the rest of the game in TT, as opposed to just a short term thing?

I know which version I prefer, given the choice.

Yes. In TT when a weapon jams it does so for the remainder of the game and until "repairs" are performed to unjam the weapon (and doing that adds a negative modifier that effected something IIRC).

#95 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:49 PM

Latency effects jams thats why i stopped using them. The server thinks i'm double pressing even when i'm not.

#96 BlueStrat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 08:33 PM

View PostSamial, on 08 March 2018 - 07:49 PM, said:

Latency effects jams thats why i stopped using them. The server thinks i'm double pressing even when i'm not.

Latency, packet jitter, packet fragmenting, etc, etc, and especially when combined with player's hardware that struggles with Cryengine like many AMD-based PCs. Even the best of current combat MMO games suffer these problems also with much better-optimized engines.

Regardless of the cause, the result is still that UACs are really only worth taking when mounting at least 3 or more as they are too unreliable to use singly or even in pairs. Skill tree nodes that only shorten the amount of time the UAC remains jammed are next to useless as a jam of any duration is quite likely to mean your mech's demise. Mounting a single UAC20 is just rolling dice and not worth it.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users