A Sentence I Don't Want To See At Fafnir Release...

70 replies to this topic

#21 SFC174

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 695 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:35 PM

View PostDaggett, on 05 January 2018 - 07:18 PM, said:

But please don't preorder it in hope it will become tanky enough to be a front-line mech like many apparently did with the Thanatos.

Say it loud: "If it looks big on concept it will probably be big on the final model." Posted Image

Listen to this person and listen well. Learned my lesson with the Thanatos. Not death incarnate, but death's chew toy. Maybe PGI needs to start posting quirks in advance to spike preorders.....(not that they would).

#22 Humpday

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:40 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 05 January 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

People were already saying the Sun Spider looked like a Locust who ate too much pizza, but how on earth does one manage to extrapolate a Locust from the Fafnir?

Sunspider = big locust
Fafnir = big cicada!!!!

It has little ears!

https://youtu.be/Vy1M7CSdRpI?t=51s

I have idea hwo to embed youtube into this thing

Edited by Humpday, 05 January 2018 - 09:46 PM.

#23 Asym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 07:18 AM

I do not want to hear: "please wait for me.........." No, it was your choice to do something really stupid and spend money on a novelty mech that is a siege weapon in a game without fortifications.... Good grief. Maybe, if you'all stop buying everything PGI offers immediately, we'd actually get the mechs that could help this game.... The guys on the team I play on pre-order "everything" all of the time and then complain they don't get the mechs they really want............(sigh, we need to abandon all joy.)

#24 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:24 AM

It's going to be terrible.

As it stands the side torso's are massive ( the largest of any fan or official art/3D model ) so it will be really easy to wreck.

The only chance it has or being even QP average, is if the side torso's get massive armour quirks, even the ECM variants.

If they were smaller and the mech looked closer to the official model or artwork, I'd possibly be in for this mech, as it stands i'm not impressed.

This mech could help address some balance issues between I.S and clan, but the massive side torso's mean it's going to be another lost opportunity.

Adding more ammunition to clan bias in the design department, as it seems IS assaults with high mounts must have either be in massive ST or have crap convergence.

#25 Pound Cake

Rookie

• The Clan Cat
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 10:12 AM

The Fafnir will certainly need torso armor quirks based on their current design. I would not rely whatsoever on them adding them though.

I made the mistake of thinking they'd add armor quirks to the Nova Cat's arms when I bought it, since you know, every weapon are in those massive arms. But they didn't and I was filled with regretti. I learned my lesson.

If a mech looks like it will need quirks to not suck, it isn't worth risking the purchase imo.

#26 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

Armor quirks!? What it needs is a freaking force field lololol

#27 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

View PostRequiemking, on 05 January 2018 - 08:09 PM, said:

People were already saying the Sun Spider looked like a Locust who ate too much pizza, but how on earth does one manage to extrapolate a Locust from the Fafnir?

You haven't seen pictures of people whose Botox injections have gone awry, haven't you? Posted Image

#28 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:56 PM

View PostBombast, on 05 January 2018 - 08:27 PM, said:

I get what you're saying, but it literally has shield arms

Posted Image.

At best its going to cove the rear 33% of the torso, it leaves the easy to reach protruding torsos wide open. The only difference between this and a stalker is that its arms extends down to the legs. Other than that, same lack of shield arms the stalker has.

Edited by Rhent, 06 January 2018 - 03:57 PM.

#29 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:01 PM

You guys are some jaded bastids. I guess because of the Nightstar/Thanatos fiasco?

#30 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:20 PM

View PostNRP, on 06 January 2018 - 04:01 PM, said:

You guys are some jaded bastids. I guess because of the Nightstar/Thanatos fiasco?

Uziel/Nightstar/Thanatos/MedLas/UAC/PPC+Gauss/KDK-SB Nerfs...

I can go on.

#31 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:25 PM

I don't know when on earth you people are going to learn to not buy a 'mech because you think it will perform well. The combat performance of a 'mech is a complete unknown until it goes live and its performance are also subject to the whims of our Balance Overlord. If you're going to preorder it, only preorder it because you think it's COOL. If you order it based on cool factor you will never be disappointed. If you order it based on some perception that it's going to be the next meta, you are going to be sorely disappointed most of the time. All you people who buy 'mechs for performance and then realize they suck are real quick to blame PGI for that as if PGI somehow misrepresented their product. They did not. Never once in the history of 'mechs has PGI sold a 'mech telling us it was going to be good. They have merely given us its stats, its concept art, and a pricetag. The decision making from that point forward is placed entirely on the buyer. If you feel swindled, PGI didn't swindle you. You swindled yourself.

Edited by Mole, 06 January 2018 - 04:26 PM.

#32 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:27 PM

View PostMole, on 06 January 2018 - 04:25 PM, said:

If you're going to preorder it, only preorder it because you think it's COOL. If you order it based on cool factor you will never be disappointed.

Actually, PGI has messed up the cool factor in several cases such as the Cougar.

#33 NRP

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:28 PM

Well, I think it looks cool.

#34 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:30 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 January 2018 - 04:27 PM, said:

Actually, PGI has messed up the cool factor in several cases such as the Cougar.

How did they mess that up? I love my Cougar.

#35 Maxxi

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 32 posts
  • LocationArgentina

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:42 PM

Just put the biggest weapon available and point toward the enemy. And pray if your teammates are good brawlers to defend you.

#36 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:46 PM

View PostMole, on 06 January 2018 - 04:30 PM, said:

How did they mess that up? I love my Cougar.

The body shape is a little distorted.

More importantly, they messed up the arm barrels and turned them into tiny nubs.

#37 mouser42

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 382 posts
  • Locationb-more

Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

OK 2nd try at "Sentence I Don't Want To See At Fafnir Release"

OMG! PGI and it's pay wall only one of these robots can be turned into a proper LRM boat and it's in the reinforcement pack. Think of the tier 5 LRM god assault meta your hurting! Oh why blah-blah-blah and so on and what ever.

That's one I hope I don't see but dam-it now I'm thinking of some MRM derp builds 120 or even 160

#38 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:03 PM

View Postmouser42, on 06 January 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

OK 2nd try at "Sentence I Don't Want To See At Fafnir Release"

OMG! PGI and it's pay wall only one of these robots can be turned into a proper LRM boat and it's in the reinforcement pack. Think of the tier 5 LRM god assault meta your hurting! Oh why blah-blah-blah and so on and what ever.

That's one I hope I don't see but dam-it now I'm thinking of some MRM derp builds 120 or even 160

I love it when people call a new 'mech pay to win and choose to ignore the fact that a few months down the road it's going to become available to every F2P player who wants to grind the CBills for it.

#39 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:13 PM

View PostMole, on 06 January 2018 - 05:03 PM, said:

I love it when people call a new 'mech pay to win and choose to ignore the fact that a few months down the road it's going to become available to every F2P player who wants to grind the CBills for it.

Being Pay 2 Win for a temporary time window is still Pay 2 Win until that time has elapsed. Any pay-only advantage is P2W regardless of whether it's temporary or permanent.

I'm not pointing towards any specific mechs or cases, just laying out the general definition.

#40 Humpday

• The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

nah not even close to P2W

IS does need another badas$ mech other than the anni to field.
This one I don't even think quirks will do it tbh..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users