Quick Play Drop Deck

4 replies to this topic

Poll: Quick Play Drop Deck (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Would adding a drop deck this way be pay to win?

1. Yes (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. No (5 votes [55.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.56%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Khaeron

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

Dear PGI,

Please consider adding a drop deck for QP so that we can drop with customized mechs. Here's how it would work:
* the drop deck would be for a weight class, say 75 tons, which you load up before starting QP
* by default you start with 2 slots, and you can either buy a 3rd & 4th slot for MC or you get +2 slots if you have premium time
* after the map is chosen the player can select the mech to drop with

Benefits to players:
* loadouts somewhat better match maps. You can have a short range build and a long range build, or a hot build and a cooler build, and select the one that better suits the environment
* with 4 slots, you also have room to consider camo/color - snow map, drop in a light colored mech, etc.

Benefits to PGI:
* extra revenue! the drop deck would encourage people to buy slots (my pref) or premium time (not my pref)
* making camo somewhat functional is extra $$$ in camo/color sales (which are BTW waaay too expensive. I want more colors, but the prices are exorbitant)
* extra revenue! now having multiples of mech chassis with different loadouts makes sense. If someone likes to play hero mechs they can buy more of them to select them on drop

#2 Mister Bob Dobalina

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 06:04 AM

Welcome to Polar, where, as soon as it's selcted, everybody will take their ready-to use Clan missile boat (hurray! cold map! no minimal lock range!)

I am with you with camo sets and slots for each Mech. But the "not-knowing-what-map-or what-mode" is a good equalizer and helps keeping a range of different mechs and builds on the field, even when they might not be a perfect fit to begin with. To be able to influence that with the voting system (and rising vote strenght in case of an unsuccessfull vote) is a way of choosing. To have too many things as MC buy-ins turns the game towards p2w in a way I would grow more and more uncomfortable with.

To be honest, I had my most satisfying games in Mechs that were on first sight completely wrong for the map and mode selcted but then turned out to be absurdly successfull.

Edited by Thomster, 06 January 2018 - 06:39 AM.

#3 Khaeron

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 8 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 08:15 PM

Well then I'm going to take an ECM brawler and they're going to have a bad day.

I agree that there is a risk, and I also enjoy the mismatches sometimes. It makes you more creative. Polar actually has a decent amount of cover if you know where to find it, and I don't mind taking my brawler Scorch on it.

At the same time, there are map/mode/mech combos I want to play, and map/mode selection is usually a foregone conclusion (does HPG ever *not* win?).

It would also allow some pre-match strategy to occur in the Drop Prep screen, as people decide what to take. It would also help if you could draw on the map, and come up with a pre-match plan.

#4 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 09 February 2018 - 02:58 AM

You should ask the two questions:

Do you think having to pay for multiple drop decks is pay to win? I would say yes but simply put I do not care if no one pays anything the game dies so in that sense I do not care if it is pay to win most of the features which you pay for are pay to win. premium time is pay to win since you get to skill your mech quicker than if you were F2P so I personally think F2P as a model really does not exist (or rather should be seen as it is.

Personally I would be happy with it I'd also like the idea of adjust como patterns

#5 Sebaztien Hawke

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 54 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand +12 GMT

Posted 14 February 2018 - 05:02 PM

No. HPG never loses. I never vote for it, myself.

I do think we should be able to set camouflage colours on the Ready Screen, after Map/Mode is decided, or pick from a few saved presets.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users