Should Fafnir Arms Be Bigger?

7 replies to this topic

Poll: Should Fafnir Arms Be Bigger? (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Should Fafnir Arms Be Bigger?

1. Yes (15 votes [93.75%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 93.75%

2. No (1 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Stingray Productions

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 08 January 2018 - 04:21 PM

We got the delightful opportunity to see the Fafnir concept this week. The bulk armor design and the cockpit area have their fantastic points of..well..superbness!!! Just review the image concept yourself!:

Posted Image

However, taking a further look into those arms.....they're so tiny!!!!!! It looks like a t-rex coming to the battlefield!:

Posted Image

I suggest for the finished model fixed arms to resemble older Fafnir designs:

Posted Image

Also, a wider torso would help re-create the older designs, but at a negative cost of broader hitboxes.

What do you think? Cast your vote; relate your opinion.

#2 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:53 PM

The arms should be bigger in only 1 dimension... They should extend MUCH further forward. The arm shields need to be useful beyond only blocking a small section of the back of the torsos, and should extend as far forward as the end of the barrel of the weapon pod on that arm.

I am 100% against a wider torso profile with this mech.

The legs are spaced a bit wide, and they seem a tad skinny for their length, but it's not a big problem.

#3 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 09 January 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostBTGbullseye, on 08 January 2018 - 10:53 PM, said:

The arms should be bigger in only 1 dimension... They should extend MUCH further forward. The arm shields need to be useful beyond only blocking a small section of the back of the torsos, and should extend as far forward as the end of the barrel of the weapon pod on that arm.

I am 100% against a wider torso profile with this mech.

The legs are spaced a bit wide, and they seem a tad skinny for their length, but it's not a big problem.

I assumed most people would be against wider torsos. I mean, who wants huge hitboxes, right? \

Good point about the arms. They should indeed come out further. Less t-rex and more allosaurus ;) But seriously, I don't see them being bigger any danger. In fact, bigger arms would give better defense for the torsos, and I think that'd be a huge benefit.

#4 TheArisen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 02:33 AM

I hope the arms are bigger too. The Fafnir's frontal profile might be less than ideal but at least it can have shield arms.

#5 Stingray Productions

• 1,906 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 11:34 PM

It also seems like this Fafnir stands taller than the older models.

#6 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 14 January 2018 - 12:03 AM

View PostStingray1234, on 13 January 2018 - 11:34 PM, said:

It also seems like this Fafnir stands taller than the older models.

No, it's just narrower, and has a longer leg to torso ratio.

#7 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 23 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

They are a little too small. I am used to MW4's Fafnir though. Still.

#8 PointmanSF

• Pip
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 19 posts
  • LocationNY, USA / Kilkenny, IRE

Posted 11 September 2023 - 03:14 AM

The BIGGEST PRAYER I have to make my 8 of the 9 total Fafs in MWO better - The easiest way is A. MORE CRIT RESIST. Those STs are DARTBOARDS - Maybe atlas level of crit resist on st? 100 tons is 100 tons and Steiner is Steiner.
Also -

I love them obviously the FNR design from MWO but - You missed a critical achilles heel if you play tier 1/comp means you just dont bring Fafs and that is.. The shields on each arm should come UP just a tad so when rushing with shield and arm towards a target or just if sniper from the side - The missile bumps even if not occupied with anything are still very makable with gauss esp. If they were able to shield those and a little lower too - the ST - It would have a really niche but once mastered pilot style all its own - And just not be meh to anyone with the hit box PDFs.
That is all.

My vote is ROLL the HITBOX BACK to how it was. I had 7 then but I never I remember thinking I wanted a change - whatever clownshoe cauldron moron or player etc had that hitbox redone - right spirit totally wrong execution. More Protection from 90' perpendicular vs. STS plz!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users