Mad Cat Mkii For C-Bills And Clan Heroes For Mc

53 replies to this topic

#21 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 10 January 2018 - 05:19 AM

View PostOvion, on 09 January 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

Unless you only buy one MCII and only want 1 camo.
It's fine for people with multiple that want to switch often...

But unless you're going to change it 9+ times, one-shot is going to remain cheaper, and when you just want one, it's bad.

Plus, it's advertised as all patterns, when it's only unlocks.

View PostLuscious Dan, on 09 January 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

If you change your camo all the time, it's nice. Most people don't, and it takes a lot of changes back and forth to justify the MC cost. Especially now that you don't need multiple variants for mastering. If you buy the base+reinforcements pack, you might get enough mileage from permanent unlocks but I suspect a lot of people would be better off sticking to one-shots.

View PostSteelmesh, on 10 January 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

P.S.

Your original cbill release post says all MadCat cammos are 50% off.. but that's not true.. one-shot cammos are not on sale..

Alright, I'll give you all kudos for your interesting thoughts on the Camo Sale. Just for reference however, with the sale on, the prices break down more like this, assuming 180 (MC) per Single-Shot...
  • 750 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 375 (MC) = 2 or 3 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1000 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 500 (MC) = definitely 3 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1250 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 625 (MC) = definitely 4 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1500 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 750 (MC) = 4 or 5 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
...plus with the fact that once you save on a Single-Shot that you absolutely can NOT edit anything, Single-Shots can become annoying. If there's even a minor edit that you need to make, your (MC) just got wasted, where getting the Permanent Unlock saves you from that accidental waste. :wacko:

Now I'll admit, I'm accident-prone (even though I try to be a perfectionist) when it comes to Camo Editing, so it's extremely likely that the Permanent Unlock is far more suitable to me. I can't speak for the rest of you on that. :blush:

But, I can make one very clear note... If anything happens to your locally cached Mech Thumbnails, or a glitch happens in PGI's DataBase as to how your Camo is set up, and you have no backup of the image data, having purchased the Permanent Unlock might be the only thing to bail you out from having to revert to the Default Paint Job. Having to spend out again could get very messy over time, or at least, that's my opinion anyway. Of course, I hate to see good art get mutilated. :mellow:

~Mr. D. V. "Just my thoughts on the 50% Off Permanent Unlock Camo Sale..." Devnull

#22 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 06:17 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 January 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

Alright, I'll give you all kudos for your interesting thoughts on the Camo Sale. Just for reference however, with the sale on, the prices break down more like this, assuming 180 (MC) per Single-Shot...
  • 750 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 375 (MC) = 2 or 3 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1000 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 500 (MC) = definitely 3 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1250 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 625 (MC) = definitely 4 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
  • 1500 (MC) Camo @ 50% Off = 750 (MC) = 4 or 5 changes on one Mech to pay itself off
...plus with the fact that once you save on a Single-Shot that you absolutely can NOT edit anything, Single-Shots can become annoying. If there's even a minor edit that you need to make, your (MC) just got wasted, where getting the Permanent Unlock saves you from that accidental waste. Posted Image

Now I'll admit, I'm accident-prone (even though I try to be a perfectionist) when it comes to Camo Editing, so it's extremely likely that the Permanent Unlock is far more suitable to me. I can't speak for the rest of you on that. Posted Image

But, I can make one very clear note... If anything happens to your locally cached Mech Thumbnails, or a glitch happens in PGI's DataBase as to how your Camo is set up, and you have no backup of the image data, having purchased the Permanent Unlock might be the only thing to bail you out from having to revert to the Default Paint Job. Having to spend out again could get very messy over time, or at least, that's my opinion anyway. Of course, I hate to see good art get mutilated. Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Just my thoughts on the 50% Off Permanent Unlock Camo Sale..." Devnull
A One-Shot is 1/10 the price of an unlock. Therefore, with Unlock half price, One-Shot full price, it would be 5 changes of the camo to 'pay it off', or not-on-sale / both on sale, it would be 10.

You seem to be under the impression you can't change the colours on a one-shot either, which is wrong... and to update the thumbnail you can just change a colour, or the load-out and save...

You want Unlocks (though some of that seems to be from major misconceptions), but most of the time, one-shots will be superior for most people.

But my original point was 'they say all, so it should be all', and you replied with what came across as 'well, I want unlocks so that's fine, but who cares if you don't right?'

I hope this helps your understanding of the camo system~

#23 tokumboh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 320 posts
  • LocationBristol UK

Posted 10 January 2018 - 07:04 AM

Good news is that you do not have to part with your cash before you know if it is being nerfed the bad news is .......... well nothing really. We just have to wait

#24 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:04 AM

Was pleased to finally try the mech yesterday. It's good. Probably will try other variants later.

Was not pleased, again, by the team I was assigned to, only 4 of us made more than 400 dmg in a game our opponents won easy.

Among other things, the matchmaker and those type of unbalanced episodes keep me away from this game...

Well, anyway, the MadCat MKII finally for c-bills. Posted Image

#25 Leonidas the First

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:25 AM

View PostHellfire666, on 09 January 2018 - 01:16 PM, said:

I want a Mad Cat MKII but I'm kinda of scared the nerf hammer is locking onto it as I type this...

That is how it works to some extent with every mech! The original release version that costs BIG $ kicks but and once they release for C-Bills they "correct" game balance issues. As far as any Play for Free games I have experienced $$$ does not make you unstoppable by any stretch of the imagination in MWO.

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

View PostOvion, on 10 January 2018 - 06:17 AM, said:

A One-Shot is 1/10 the price of an unlock. Therefore, with Unlock half price, One-Shot full price, it would be 5 changes of the camo to 'pay it off', or not-on-sale / both on sale, it would be 10.

Not quite... 1/9th, maximum, at around 1620 (MC)... It only turns to 1/10th if both are on Sale. But, I already was making effective note of this in my post above, and just showing the One-Shot Non-Sale versus the Perma-Unlock Sale pricing. :blink:

You seem to be under the impression you can't change the colours on a one-shot either, which is wrong... and to update the thumbnail you can just change a colour, or the load-out and save...

Well, that's weird if you've been having good luck over the matter. I heard someone else tried to edit theirs and ended up with the Camo Layout wiped because they purchased a One-Shot. :mellow:

You want Unlocks (though some of that seems to be from major misconceptions), but most of the time, one-shots will be superior for most people.

But my original point was 'they say all, so it should be all', and you replied with what came across as 'well, I want unlocks so that's fine, but who cares if you don't right?'

I hope this helps your understanding of the camo system~

Being a little incendiary here, aren't you? Didn't you notice the 'tone of voice' in my post that indicated "If you still wish to go with a One-Shot, then I'm not standing in your way."??? I had no mentality like what you're posting. I understood your thoughts, and I was just indicating the 'Worst-Case Scenario' that could happen, which might suggest veering the other way. :huh:

Sure, if PGI says "ALL" without any other criteria, then it would be best for their Public Relations if they held up to that. However, it appears they edited their Original News Posting both on the News Feed and the Forums. :(

I'm gonna finish this post with one note... I'm explicitly NOT trying to be insensitive in any way, shape, and/or form. If you want to act like anyone is being that way, PGI might have made themselves a candidate to your views on the matter. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "I'm not your enemy, damnit... Just a poor nut fighting off a bad cold right now..." Devnull

#27 Raymacz

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:50 AM

Finally, a DREAM come true haha. I've been wanting this since Day 1. A BIG thanks to MWO!

#28 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

View PostHit the Deck, on 09 January 2018 - 08:50 PM, said:

...PGI doesn't do negative quirks anymore.

Tell that to the Timber Wolf.

Edited by Jep Jorgensson, 10 January 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#29 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 10 January 2018 - 11:44 AM, said:

Tell that to the Timber Wolf.

It was long ago the TBR was slapped with some red quirks.

#30 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:21 PM

View PostHit the Deck, on 10 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

It was long ago the TBR was slapped with some red quirks.

And yet they still exist.

#31 DangerousOne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 09:39 PM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 10 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

PGI you nerfed Timber to the ground with engine desync and yet negative quirks for Timbers are still exist. Probably you just don't give a fudge when it comes to "old" mechs.

#32 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 10:05 PM

Are any of those heroes any good? (Then again most of them are omnis so they're really as good as I'd want to build them huh)

#33 Steelmesh

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:41 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 January 2018 - 05:19 AM, said:

...plus with the fact that once you save on a Single-Shot that you absolutely can NOT edit anything, Single-Shots can become annoying. If there's even a minor edit that you need to make, your (MC) just got wasted, where getting the Permanent Unlock saves you from that accidental waste. Posted Image

Now I'll admit, I'm accident-prone (even though I try to be a perfectionist) when it comes to Camo Editing, so it's extremely likely that the Permanent Unlock is far more suitable to me. I can't speak for the rest of you on that. Posted Image

But, I can make one very clear note... If anything happens to your locally cached Mech Thumbnails, or a glitch happens in PGI's DataBase as to how your Camo is set up, and you have no backup of the image data, having purchased the Permanent Unlock might be the only thing to bail you out from having to revert to the Default Paint Job. Having to spend out again could get very messy over time, or at least, that's my opinion anyway. Of course, I hate to see good art get mutilated. Posted Image

Yeah, see.. I usually buy only 1 or 2 variants of a chassis, and once I'm done painting it, rarely change anything.. so one-shot cammo is the far better choice for me..

#34 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:55 PM

View PostSteelmesh, on 10 January 2018 - 11:41 PM, said:

Yeah, see.. I usually buy only 1 or 2 variants of a chassis, and once I'm done painting it, rarely change anything.. so one-shot cammo is the far better choice for me..

If it works for you, go with it. Like I said to someone else earlier today...

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 January 2018 - 08:56 AM, said:

"If you still wish to go with a One-Shot, then I'm not standing in your way."

...because all I was doing was voicing my thoughts. I don't need to feel like I'm being hunted by a pack of hyenas. -_-

Now, pardon me here as I step out... This bloody cold that somebody gave me is squeezing me around the neck and lungs, and it ain't fun. :(

~D. V. "One bloody tired wreck in need of more rest than they're able to get under the effects of a cold..." Devnull

#35 Hit the Deck

• 4,677 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 11 January 2018 - 12:20 AM

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 10 January 2018 - 09:21 PM, said:

Well, you should ask PGI why. But the point still stands that PGI hasn't been putting negative quirks anymore.

#36 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 09:21 AM

The Dire Wolf head pods with weapon slots still have -2 armor, for whatever reason. Given how rarely I see headshots in this game I wonder why they bothered.

Edited by IdToaster, 11 January 2018 - 09:21 AM.

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:28 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 11 January 2018 - 09:21 AM, said:

The Dire Wolf head pods with weapon slots still have -2 armor, for whatever reason. Given how rarely I see headshots in this game I wonder why they bothered.

Oh, you know PGI... Any time something might be good or different, they nerf it to death. There's never a thought to buff everything else up to compensate, which would have been a smarter decision. Sure, buffing stuff would mean a lot of OmniPod Quirks and BattleMech Base Quirks, but it would have given far more personality and specialization to every single Mech design out there. On top of that, PGI could then also give some underappreciated weaponry a boost in the rebalancing process, as well as turn all the Armor Values into triple what TableTop uses. This would take care of all of PGI's "Time To Kill" problems. <_<

~Mr. D. V. "I'm not being incendiary at you here... This topic just makes me salty." Devnull

(p.s.: I don't know who thought it was such a wild idea to provide more than 50 ways to counter LRM/ATM weapons, but they need to have a Pineapple Pie slammed into their face. The game is not balanced when a situation like that exists, and Sniper-types are too free to reign on the battlefields as a direct result of it.)

#38 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:44 AM

Poor Mad Cat's II. I wonder how long now it'll take PGI to nerf-hammer them? And the question is exactly "when" but not "if".

#39 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 11 January 2018 - 03:36 PM

@D V Devnull I have a handful of mechs (my Ravens for example) with one-shot camo and I change the colors on them periodically with no issues whatsoever.

#40 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:42 AM

View PostTordin, on 09 January 2018 - 01:33 PM, said:

Since lurm assaults are "Taboo"

lrm BOATING on assaults is considered a taboo, but a few launchers as a sideweapon for long range support dont hurt.

the main problem with lurming assaults is that they tend to stay behind their teammates, not sharing their armor. but a single lrm10 with a few reloads isnt a problem, can be usefull even: you can shoot enemies that are not in range for your main weaponry, keep them cowering if they are not experienced enough to know that a few lrm are no danger.

i carry a lrm10 with 3t of ammo on my battlemaster so i can shoot someone i cant see yet while howling my heavy backside in his general direction. works good enough and gets me a lot of assists, which are better than nothing.

HOWEVER i would not advise that with the MKII because the launchers gets him quite big ears to get shot into, so your side torsoe? torsos? will be gone quite fast.

Edited by Genesis23, 12 January 2018 - 12:45 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users