Mad Cat Mkii For C-Bills And Clan Heroes For Mc

53 replies to this topic

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:29 AM

View PostLuscious Dan, on 11 January 2018 - 03:36 PM, said:

@D V Devnull I have a handful of mechs (my Ravens for example) with one-shot camo and I change the colors on them periodically with no issues whatsoever.

So then... If my brain is properly processing what you and another person are saying... As long as you leave the Custom Pattern on whatever the One-Shot was chosen as, then you're able to completely fiddle with it to no end... But, the moment that you switch the Custom Pattern in use, even so little as to see how things would look with the Default Paint Job, then you lose the Custom Pattern? :o

Also, aren't these One-Shots limited to a single specific Mech only, as opposed to being able to be used with All Variants of a Chassis? In my case, that's really restrictive as I tend to pick up multiple Variants and go a little wild with getting the right outfit done for them. That includes the Custom Pattern and/or Default Paint Job, depending on my options. :huh:

Which reminds me... I've changed my Paint Job based on my mental state before, and I usually don't have it right until about the 3rd or 4th attempt... Sometimes more... :unsure:

~D. V. "If it works for you, enjoy... Unfortunately, I don't think it can work for me..." Devnull

(p.s.: By the way, if you want me to see posts you're aiming at me a tad bit faster, please use the Quote button!)

#42 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:52 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 January 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

So then... If my brain is properly processing what you and another person are saying... As long as you leave the Custom Pattern on whatever the One-Shot was chosen as, then you're able to completely fiddle with it to no end... But, the moment that you switch the Custom Pattern in use, even so little as to see how things would look with the Default Paint Job, then you lose the Custom Pattern? Posted Image

You can check out other patterns (including the default), just don't save the changes or you'll lose the one-shot pattern. If you're just changing the colors and/or decals, you can save changes all you want.

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 January 2018 - 02:29 AM, said:

Also, aren't these One-Shots limited to a single specific Mech only, as opposed to being able to be used with All Variants of a Chassis? In my case, that's really restrictive as I tend to pick up multiple Variants and go a little wild with getting the right outfit done for them. That includes the Custom Pattern and/or Default Paint Job, depending on my options. Posted Image

Which reminds me... I've changed my Paint Job based on my mental state before, and I usually don't have it right until about the 3rd or 4th attempt... Sometimes more... Posted Image

Yes, one-shot camos only work for one specific mech, so if you have different variants or multiples of the same variant you'd have to buy them all separately for each one. But since they are much, much cheaper than pattern unlocks, it's still a better deal most of the time. When one-shots go on sale, they're really an unbeatable deal the vast majority of the time.

If you buy a bunch of variants for a single mech chassis, you might be better off with unlocks, but this behavior isn't necessary anymore since the new skill tree removed the "rule of three" for mastery. You know your own habits better than anyone else, choose accordingly.

Edited by Luscious Dan, 12 January 2018 - 09:53 AM.

#43 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:32 PM

View PostGenesis23, on 12 January 2018 - 12:42 AM, said:

lrm BOATING on assaults is considered a taboo, but a few launchers as a sideweapon for long range support dont hurt.

With Clan weapons, LRMs are even useful in brawling, so long as the mech you're shooting at is moving slower than 95kph.

the main problem with lurming assaults is that they tend to stay behind their teammates, not sharing their armor. but a single lrm10 with a few reloads isnt a problem, can be usefull even: you can shoot enemies that are not in range for your main weaponry, keep them cowering if they are not experienced enough to know that a few lrm are no danger.

They stay behind because they either don't know better, or because they can get a better shot with the LRM arc, or because when they actually move to the front area, they get no support from anyone on their team because they are an LRM boat. I have some very good LRM assault builds that have lurmished with brawler Atlases, and never lost, so I do know what I'm talking about.

i carry a lrm10 with 3t of ammo on my battlemaster so i can shoot someone i cant see yet while howling my heavy backside in his general direction. works good enough and gets me a lot of assists, which are better than nothing.

A single LRM 10 is literally useless if there is at least 1 AMS in play. All you are doing is using it to farm an assist by doing 1-2 total damage to the enemy. You aren't actually helping your team with that.

And what is this 54 shots with the LRM10? (3 tons of ammo is 54 shots, add an extra 12 if you get both missile rack skill nodes) 540 damage potential, neutralized by AMS to 1-2 damage per shot, ~100 total damage to random components across 12 mechs over the course of the match if you're lucky... You're wasting several tons that could be put to much better use.

HOWEVER i would not advise that with the MKII because the launchers gets him quite big ears to get shot into, so your side torsoe? torsos? will be gone quite fast.

I have 2 MCII builds (the -2 and -4 variants) that do 2x LRM20+A 2x LRM15+A, and backup lasers... KDR in those builds are above 3.0, and W/L ratio is much higher in them than any other mech I've used. I've played about 200 matches each with them, and their "ears" do not appreciably reduce their frontline lifespan, even when they're the big versions. (big is for LRM15 and 20 only, all others get smaller ears, smallest being the ATM6 and smaller launchers)

#44 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:27 AM

Due to ignorance and packmentality, people confuse bad pilots, with mech builds.

LRM assaults, played properly, are very good.
Any mech played poorly is very bad.

The same idiots that will sit at the back out of the way, not helping the team and relying on others to get locks with an LRM mech, will be just as incompetent in another mech.

#45 Stormur Vakten

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:38 AM

Here is to hoping the Mad Cat MK2-2 avoids the nerf hammer since it is just a better Scorch.

#46 Frosty1986

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 09:15 AM

Hello! I got a question. Why the hell, when I will get my left/right torso on the Mad Cat II (the missile launchers) destroyed, I will loose the arms as well? Why??? when those missile launchers are NOT!!!! connected to the arms! They are siiting on the CT/head. This "feature" of loosing automaticly arms, when I loose RT/LT, is IMHO, pretty stupid. And dont tell me that every mech have the same, ONE, damage model. Please dont.

Edited by Frosty1986, 13 January 2018 - 09:20 AM.

#47 Stormur Vakten

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:56 AM

Well since in the damage model for all mechs have the arm connected to the RT/LT when you lose said RT or LT the connected arm gets lost as well, sorry that is not the answer you wanted but it's how it works.

#48 Frosty1986

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:04 PM

Thank you for the answer. Good luck in the battlefield!

#49 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:30 PM

Worked that way in all the previous MW games too, IIRC.

#50 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 14 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

Well, since they're all based on the TT rules, and in those the arms are always connected to the side torso ...
Iirc even the front legs of a 4 legged mech are connected to the side torso, while the rear legs are connected to the CT. Damage transfers from the legs to the side torso, though, again iirc. Been a while since I played TT. Posted Image

#51 MrTomax

Rookie

• Heavy Lifter
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 06:38 PM

Hello,

Not finding the link to purchase the Mad Cat. Was it a one day only deal?

#52 Richard Samorano

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:55 AM

Were do I buy the Mad Cat for c-bills at? The store just has MC and C-bills!

#53 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 January 2018 - 05:58 AM

View PostMrTomax, on 15 January 2018 - 06:38 PM, said:

Hello,

Not finding the link to purchase the Mad Cat. Was it a one day only deal?

View PostRichard Samorano, on 16 January 2018 - 12:55 AM, said:

Were do I buy the Mad Cat for c-bills at? The store just has MC and C-bills!

*facedesk*... Rookies... -_-

You'll find the purchasing links In-Game, located under "Store > BattleMechs > Assault > 'Mad Cat MKII' > (variant)"... Make sure to pick the one you really want, and enjoy, for however long MWO holds your attention. <_<

~D. V. "A last word from the disillusioned to the newbies..." Devnull

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users