• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:06 AM

Just had another good one:

https://drive.google...fJR7_zFW4mCRdED

This one from before:

https://drive.google..._Gn9ID4sJLOhF63

What's happening here is the enemy will catch our moves two or three times but eventually we make a move that the ECM covers. Suddenly there's a lance or more shooting from the side of their firing line and gg ensues.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:38 AM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 11 January 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Do IS targeting computers buff LBX-ACs?
The clan ones dont.

Nope. They don't.

But its okay, because LBX across the board gets double crit damage, which in turn doubles the potential bonus damage to structure.

Each pellet an get single crits of 2 damage (instead of the 1 base damage). Double crit does 4. Triple does 6.
15% of all crit damage gets funneled into bonus structure damage.
So it makes up for the TC not helping.

#23 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:07 AM

View PostRayden Wolf, on 11 January 2018 - 06:33 AM, said:

Do IS targeting computers buff LBX-ACs?
The clan ones dont.

TC's should buff very specifically only the items mentioned in the tooltip. LBXs are not improved by TCs, nor are missiles. You get velocity buffs to PPCs and non-LBX ACs, range buffs to lasers, and all three receive a boost to crit chance. You also get the infotech boosts, but I'm not sure you'd want to base a build around maxed infotech. If you're going to use a REALLY big TC like that, I'd probably invest in making the most of the AC velocity and laser crit rate.

Try a CP-10-Z with 3 large lasers, a UAC20 with 4 tons of ammo, an LFE325, 4 DHS, Endo, and a TC6. Store all your weapons on the right side and shield with the left, corner peeking and using the CP's superior twisting ability to deliver your load in the ~1s duration of the LLs before pulling back into cover. 67 damage isn't anything to laugh at when it's delivered in that short a period of time and I believe the -10-Z's AC20 quirks also apply to the UAC20. Combined with the TC and velocity nodes in the skill tree, you can bump those UAC20 rounds to a velocity of nearly 1000 and I believe each round of the three-round burst has its own chance to crit. To the best of my knowledge, this would also be unique to the -10-Z. You can do something similar on the -11-P with LPLs and ECM to reach 60 damage, but you'll have to play pretty aggressively to make the most of the ECM.

#24 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:18 AM

View PostVerilligo, on 11 January 2018 - 08:07 AM, said:

TC's should buff very specifically only the items mentioned in the tooltip. LBXs are not improved by TCs, nor are missiles. You get velocity buffs to PPCs and non-LBX ACs, range buffs to lasers, and all three receive a boost to crit chance. You also get the infotech boosts, but I'm not sure you'd want to base a build around maxed infotech. If you're going to use a REALLY big TC like that, I'd probably invest in making the most of the AC velocity and laser crit rate.

Try a CP-10-Z with 3 large lasers, a UAC20 with 4 tons of ammo, an LFE325, 4 DHS, Endo, and a TC6. Store all your weapons on the right side and shield with the left, corner peeking and using the CP's superior twisting ability to deliver your load in the ~1s duration of the LLs before pulling back into cover. 67 damage isn't anything to laugh at when it's delivered in that short a period of time and I believe the -10-Z's AC20 quirks also apply to the UAC20. Combined with the TC and velocity nodes in the skill tree, you can bump those UAC20 rounds to a velocity of nearly 1000 and I believe each round of the three-round burst has its own chance to crit. To the best of my knowledge, this would also be unique to the -10-Z. You can do something similar on the -11-P with LPLs and ECM to reach 60 damage, but you'll have to play pretty aggressively to make the most of the ECM.

This idea pleases me. Thanks!

#25 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 11 January 2018 - 10:14 AM

Well, disappointing news about targeting computers, but thanks for the information. Does this also mean they don't benefit Gauss family? RACs? Do they roll crit chance for lasers each tic? Would be huge..

P.S. Sad about missiles, that was a good plan. Well, my bad.

#26 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

View PostSigmar Sich, on 11 January 2018 - 10:14 AM, said:

Well, disappointing news about targeting computers, but thanks for the information. Does this also mean they don't benefit Gauss family? RACs? Do they roll crit chance for lasers each tic? Would be huge..

P.S. Sad about missiles, that was a good plan. Well, my bad.

Gauss gains zero benefit. RACs should gain full benefit and, along with lasers, should roll crit chance per tick. Do keep in mind, though, that while a critical hit does extra damage, only a portion of that damage is actually then applied as bonus damage to structure. The vast majority of the bonus damage from a crit is only applied to the health of whatever equipment is within a component. The reason MGs tear through internals like they do is mostly because of their crit multiplier and their sheer rate of fire. Relying on bonus internal damage from crits in other weapons, even LBXs, is a recipe for disappointment. It's just very nice whenever it DOES happen for you and does help substantially with stripping someone out, making them that much less of a threat.

#27 W31rdWarrior

• PipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 93 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 11 January 2018 - 11:52 AM

View PostWater Bear, on 11 January 2018 - 07:06 AM, said:

Just had another good one:

https://drive.google...fJR7_zFW4mCRdED

This one from before:

https://drive.google..._Gn9ID4sJLOhF63

What's happening here is the enemy will catch our moves two or three times but eventually we make a move that the ECM covers. Suddenly there's a lance or more shooting from the side of their firing line and gg ensues.

Posted Image

Told ya, this build is a freakin' beast!

Edited by W31rdWarrior, 11 January 2018 - 11:53 AM.

#28 Athom83

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 11 January 2018 - 06:24 PM

A few builds I really have fun with in my 11ADC;
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5d00bdb93241ee0
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...516305365a40f74
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5c2fec2f2fe66e8
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...f38f26ef5e48057

#29 Mechrophilia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 397 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 10 January 2018 - 10:24 AM, said:

So How Do You Build A Cyclops?

To my knowledge there are no distributors who sell single eyeballs, so when you're building Cyclops, you have to craft them in pairs.

#30 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:25 PM

Iunno why everybody is trying to complicate the cyclops build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...00825524bf44019

Shoot 3, shoot 3, twist, shoot 3, shoot 3, twist...you get the idea.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 11 January 2018 - 08:26 PM.

#31 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Cyclops q: large lfe to run 70 kph and 6 srm6A
Cyclops S: 4 uac5 1 erml or 2 heavy gauss 3/4 erml
Cyclops Z: ac/uac20 2 ppl 4 ml
A: 2 LBX10 3 mpl
Dc: ac20 4 srm6 (mini atlas)

Some builds I've seen /run that work

#32 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:48 AM

Cyclops is a very strong brawler.

The P-variant with ECM, UAC20, 4xML and 2xSRM6 is pretty nasty.

#33 Shifty McSwift

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,889 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 02:16 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 12 January 2018 - 01:48 AM, said:

Cyclops is a very strong brawler.

Oh my yes indeed it is, the 4xsrm6a and 3xsrm2a version is incredible really, you can alpha fire with no ghost heat and keep one ST heavy with the srm2s for a shielding side, it seems to have amazing torso speeds for its size which makes twisting so easy, but maybe that is some kind of optical illusion. I think any mech rightly fears encountering one at close range as it is just so optimal.

#34 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:07 AM

The Cyclops is my favorite assault! It has great hitboxes for brawling along with good manuverability! Plus it doesn't get focused like the 100 ton IS mechs or the clan assaults.

I don't have access to my specific builds but this is in general:

11-A-DC: LB20-X, 3 ASRM6, 1 ASRM4, big standard engine. An Atlas brawler that can torso twist!

11-P: ECM, Gauss, Light Gauss, 4 ERML, standard engine. Normally the light gauss isn't worth it, but it allows 2 gauss in the same torso for great convergence and 23 pinpoint damage over and over from under ECM.

Sleipnir: 2 Heavy Gauss, 4 ERSL, Rocket Launcher, Standard Engine.

10-Q: Been running 2 MRM 40's. It's okay. I need to try a SRM build.

I haven't found any outstanding builds for the Z or A.

Edited by Zookeeper Dan, 12 January 2018 - 06:07 AM.

#35 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:36 AM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 11 January 2018 - 08:25 PM, said:

Iunno why everybody is trying to complicate the cyclops build.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...00825524bf44019

Shoot 3, shoot 3, twist, shoot 3, shoot 3, twist...you get the idea.

It's a good build. Pretty short range, though. IIRC I put like 5 SRM6+A on a Stalker back when that was a thing, played the bejeezus out of it. I'm looking for something I haven't personally tried.

View PostZookeeper Dan, on 12 January 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

The Cyclops is my favorite assault! It has great hitboxes for brawling along with good manuverability! Plus it doesn't get focused like the 100 ton IS mechs or the clan assaults.

I don't have access to my specific builds but this is in general:

11-A-DC: LB20-X, 3 ASRM6, 1 ASRM4, big standard engine. An Atlas brawler that can torso twist!

11-P: ECM, Gauss, Light Gauss, 4 ERML, standard engine. Normally the light gauss isn't worth it, but it allows 2 gauss in the same torso for great convergence and 23 pinpoint damage over and over from under ECM.

Sleipnir: 2 Heavy Gauss, 4 ERSL, Rocket Launcher, Standard Engine.

10-Q: Been running 2 MRM 40's. It's okay. I need to try a SRM build.

I haven't found any outstanding builds for the Z or A.

Gauss + Light Gauss in the same torso. Novel. That's a use for the LG! Doubling up on gauss rifles when your ballistics are in the same torso.
I'm also looking for an alternative to 2x MRM 40's. I've got at least 2 assault chassis that more or less have to go that to be good - one is the 4x missile hardpoint Mauler, which can fit 120 MRMs, the other is the -8r Awesome, which has high-mounted (over the cockpit) missile hardpoints and a measly 5 energy hardpoints in its arms. That 'mech really has no obvious alternative to MRM spam for DPS. Plus many of my assaults are going to get the SRM -> MRM upgrade, eg. my Atlasses, my KCGs, probably some Stalkers, Battlemasters, etc etc. Many of these 'mechs had high mounted missile hardpoints that I never knew how to use aside from SRM spam.

View PostAthom83, on 11 January 2018 - 06:24 PM, said:

Strong builds, especially the first. Hits about as hard as possible.

Edited by Water Bear, 12 January 2018 - 06:44 AM.

#36 Verilligo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 789 posts
  • LocationPodunk, U.S.A.

Posted 12 January 2018 - 06:56 AM

View PostShifty McSwift, on 12 January 2018 - 02:16 AM, said:

Oh my yes indeed it is, the 4xsrm6a and 3xsrm2a version is incredible really, you can alpha fire with no ghost heat and keep one ST heavy with the srm2s for a shielding side, it seems to have amazing torso speeds for its size which makes twisting so easy, but maybe that is some kind of optical illusion. I think any mech rightly fears encountering one at close range as it is just so optimal.

There's no optical illusion. The maneuverability stats for the Cyclops are essentially identical to the Marauder, a mech 15 tons lighter than it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users