#21 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:47 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 12 January 2018 - 09:05 AM, said:

One? No no no. There was a free hunchback-P given out recently. NINE flamers. Aim for the cockpit...

While I want to think all flamers would be hilarious...it might only be hilarious for the first two minutes of the fight...the next 18 mins of attempting to kill one another with only flamers might not be so fun to watch or play...so some flamers might be better than all flamers...but I defer to the collective wisdom of the community on that.

#22 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:01 AM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 12 January 2018 - 10:47 AM, said:

the collective wisdom of the community on that.

I lol'd ;-)

#23 Marquis De Lafayette

• 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 12 January 2018 - 11:02 AM

View Postr4zen, on 12 January 2018 - 11:01 AM, said:

I lol'd ;-)

I did too!!...

#24 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 12:57 PM

These are funny as hell! I'm saving cbills right now just in case I need to buy a mech or 2.

View PostKubernetes, on 11 January 2018 - 03:00 PM, said:

Caustic w/ECM and stealth armor. No limit on class or loadout, but YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO TURN OFF STEALTH ARMOR. Override is allowed.

Also, what was the cause of this dust up between you and Grus?
sounds like fun but the time limit would have to be a while. Considering the "cat and mouse" it would turn into.

#25 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:04 PM

stealth armour lrm boats, no tag or narq allowed. gotta blindfire them things.

#26 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

View Postnaterist, on 12 January 2018 - 01:04 PM, said:

stealth armour lrm boats, no tag or narq allowed. gotta blindfire them things.

0/7 completely unwatchable

#27 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:48 PM

3rd Person View only.

#28 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 01:57 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 12 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

3rd Person View only.

Satan, is that you?

#29 Q

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 137 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:01 PM

up vote: stealth armor match

up vote: smn PPC, but... I'd rather see two stock AWS-8Q's duel it out.

stock HBK-IIC brawl

and something with Heavy Gauss as another idea...

#30 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:30 PM

You guys are going about this all wrong -

Only mechs you can take are mechs played in the final rounds of MWOWC. You agree on a weight class, you each pick and build an exact mech from that list.

People talk about how that sort of 'meta mech' is so totally OP but in reality the heat issues, accuracy required to use effectively and need for positioning to use effectively is a huge limitation on their performance.

Let's see you guys rock it out in comp queue meta, 1 v 1. Derp mechs in a 1 v 1 is not as entertaining as you'd think - watching people who do not play at a comp level try to manage comp builds is its own sort of awesome.

#31 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:46 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 January 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

Only mechs you can take are mechs played in the final rounds of MWOWC. You agree on a weight class, you each pick and build an exact mech from that list.

People talk about how that sort of 'meta mech' is so totally OP but in reality the heat issues, accuracy required to use effectively and need for positioning to use effectively is a huge limitation on their performance.

Let's see you guys rock it out in comp queue meta, 1 v 1. Derp mechs in a 1 v 1 is not as entertaining as you'd think - watching people who do not play at a comp level try to manage comp builds is its own sort of awesome.

I want to see a proper fight between Grus and R4zen so there's no excuses about "troll" builds for this grudge match. The rest of the charity tourney can be for the funny stuff

#32 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 09:57 PM

View PostVxheous, on 12 January 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

I want to see a proper fight between Grus and R4zen so there's no excuses about "troll" builds for this grudge match. The rest of the charity tourney can be for the funny stuff

That's what I'm saying. In fact I want to see them try to play a couple of poptart summoners but I really and truly think that match would go to time before anyone was actually killed.

#33 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:11 PM

View PostVxheous, on 12 January 2018 - 09:46 PM, said:

So suggest a mech/build and I'll choose that as my pick for one of the best of 3

#34 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:29 PM

View Postr4zen, on 12 January 2018 - 10:11 PM, said:

So suggest a mech/build and I'll choose that as my pick for one of the best of 3

I suggested a format already, mech/builds should be anything goes (both players should be allowed to play their best mechs, no limitations aside from the format)

#35 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:29 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 12 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

3rd Person View only.
oh god please no..

#36 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 12 January 2018 - 09:30 PM, said:

well I didn't watch those matches so I have no idea what mech were used. Only notable one I've heard of IS the 12 damage exe. But I don't know if that was in that league.

I am only at 31mil cbills right now so keep that in mind.

#37 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 01:13 PM

View PostGrus, on 13 January 2018 - 12:33 PM, said:

well I didn't watch those matches so I have no idea what mech were used. Only notable one I've heard of IS the 12 damage exe. But I don't know if that was in that league.

I am only at 31mil cbills right now so keep that in mind.

So whatever you play best. I agree with Vex - needs to be your best mechs. Ffs both of you need to drop a couple of 1 v 1s first in your best mechs because 1 v 1 is nothing lime QP, what works doesn't always work in 1 v 1. Play the builds in 1 v 1 a few times before th3 duel.

Pick a weight class and both take a mech in that weight class. Make sure you know how it plays in 1 v 1.

Make it best 3 out of 5. That way there's no excuses - grudge match settled, who's the better pilot settled.

Loser has to donate all their possessions to charity and live in a cardboard box under a bridge.

That's how it's done in comp queue. ><

#38 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 04:59 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 13 January 2018 - 01:13 PM, said:

So whatever you play best. I agree with Vex - needs to be your best mechs. Ffs both of you need to drop a couple of 1 v 1s first in your best mechs because 1 v 1 is nothing lime QP, what works doesn't always work in 1 v 1. Play the builds in 1 v 1 a few times before th3 duel.

Pick a weight class and both take a mech in that weight class. Make sure you know how it plays in 1 v 1.

Make it best 3 out of 5. That way there's no excuses - grudge match settled, who's the better pilot settled.

Loser has to donate all their possessions to charity and live in a cardboard box under a bridge.

That's how it's done in comp queue. ><

HAHAHAHA thanks for the advice man, but there's no way in hell I'm practicing anything before the match. Nor do I care if my builds or 'mechs are optimal for 1v1. If Grus comes better prepared and cleans my clock, then he's the better pilot. Doesn't matter what the builds are. I'm just stoked he accepted, and I don't care if it has to be the stupid stealth armor + dumbfire LRMs criteria (thanks, nate), I'm just excited to get the opportunity.

Besides, how much of how 'good' someone is happens in the mechlab vs. on the field? How much is preparation and theorycrafting vs. mechanical muscle memory and precision? That's why the community suggestions for the first two matches - we're each going to pick one - and the third will be a 'bring your best, whatever weight/techbase/loadout that is' (if it goes to 3).

In 1v1 it doesn't matter what your avg damage/match is, it doesn't matter what your KDR is, there's no stats that can be gamed. Whether you're bringing the most meta 'mech in the universe or a single heatsink stock wolverine, It's just kill or be killed. So let us do that.

And give us a specific suggestion that you think would be fun to watch, so we have something more interesting to choose from than stealth armor LRMing.

#39 Lovas

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • 436 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 05:21 PM

View Postr4zen, on 13 January 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

If Grus comes better prepared and cleans my clock, then he's the better pilot.

We may need to re-evaluate your unit membership....

As for the matches, I agree it needs to be at least the best 3 out of 5. But if you are looking for best pilot, you need at least one match in each weight class. Light through assault. I also think for each class you two need to agree on the same chassis (not load out, that is up to the pilot) but same chassis for each weight class.

#40 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 06:07 PM

View Postr4zen, on 13 January 2018 - 04:59 PM, said:

HAHAHAHA thanks for the advice man, but there's no way in hell I'm practicing anything before the match. Nor do I care if my builds or 'mechs are optimal for 1v1. If Grus comes better prepared and cleans my clock, then he's the better pilot. Doesn't matter what the builds are. I'm just stoked he accepted, and I don't care if it has to be the stupid stealth armor + dumbfire LRMs criteria (thanks, nate), I'm just excited to get the opportunity.

Besides, how much of how 'good' someone is happens in the mechlab vs. on the field? How much is preparation and theorycrafting vs. mechanical muscle memory and precision? That's why the community suggestions for the first two matches - we're each going to pick one - and the third will be a 'bring your best, whatever weight/techbase/loadout that is' (if it goes to 3).

In 1v1 it doesn't matter what your avg damage/match is, it doesn't matter what your KDR is, there's no stats that can be gamed. Whether you're bringing the most meta 'mech in the universe or a single heatsink stock wolverine, It's just kill or be killed. So let us do that.

And give us a specific suggestion that you think would be fun to watch, so we have something more interesting to choose from than stealth armor LRMing.

In 1 v 1 mech viability is a bigger factor than player skill. Player skill is important - don't get me wrong. However mech viability in 1 v 1 is a huge factor.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users