27 replies to this topic

#1 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:49 AM

WELCOME TO THE MaZr INVITATIONAL CHARITY STREAM
When: February 3, 2018 11 PM – 3:30 AM (UTC)
Where: https://twitch.tv/mrbcleague

Now announcing the inaugural MaZr Invitational. Are you tired of the same ol’ meta stomp fest? Ever wonder how that 12-man that just stomped all over you would perform in different circumstances? Then come join MaZr and some of the hottest Faction Warfare units and pilots this side of Terra (and Strana Mechty) as we team up to bring you hours of exhibition, non-meta fun all to benefit Child’s Play.

FAQ:
Who’s going to be there?
We’re bringing teams from LODD, EVIL, MS, ARC7, HHoD, C4, CBR, g-nx, and MaZr as well as some freelance members of other units from the Faction Warfare community. On top of these fantastic units, we also have justcallme A S H and Twinja who will be casting giving you live commentary and analysis.

Awesome! How do I sign up?
Unfortunately, the event organizers have already selected the participants for this stream. HOWEVER, if you and/or your unit are interested in taking part in future event, please contact event organizers Ivor, PshnHrd, or FrontLineAssembly in game OR send an email to mazrcharity@gmail.com and we’ll put you on the list for consideration for the next event.

Ok, so if the participants are locked down already, is there another way I can help?
YES! Logistically, we’re all set for the backend, but we need people to spread the word, watch, and donate. I know it doesn’t sound like much, but this is what will make the MaZr Invitational an overwhelming success! If you’re interested in helping and contributing to the next event, please get ahold of the event organizers.

What is Child’s Play?
Child’s Play is a US-based charity that works with hospitals around the world to bring video games, toys, and books to children in pediatric hospitals to make their experience less… well, hospitally. They achieve this by working with individual hospitals to create wishlists and through cash donations which Child’s Play uses to purchase video games, toys, and books for the hospitals and facilities. For more information check out: http://childsplaycharity.org/about

What an awesome cause! How can I donate?
There are a few ways to donate through the MaZr Invitational. Donations will go directly to Child’s Play through either the widget or the donation URL: https://donate.child...29166d080d0c028

#2 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 10:53 AM

I'm literally taking the day off of work for this. $50 donation bounty for whichever team beats C4!

#3 Kurlon

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:04 AM

View Postr4zen, on 16 January 2018 - 10:53 AM, said:

I'm literally taking the day off of work for this. $50 donation bounty for whichever team beats C4!

Right, so, all we have to do is claim we just potatoed too hard and as such beat ourselves and that bounty is ours. Sweet, $50 to the C4 Brazilian BBQ fund!

#4 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:09 AM

View PostKurlon, on 16 January 2018 - 11:04 AM, said:

the C4 Brazilian BBQ fund!

That's a weird name for Child's Play....or is it?

#5 Kurlon

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 11:14 AM

View Postr4zen, on 16 January 2018 - 11:09 AM, said:

That's a weird name for Child's Play....or is it?

Wait, we don't get the $50, it's going to charity?! Never mind C4, business as usual, stompy stompy for kids as planned!

#6 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:18 PM

Ivor: had another rules question: is there a limit to the amount of and type of AMS we can bring? With some matches having a minimum LRM boat requirement, this would seem important.

#7 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 12:32 PM

Yes. For the LRM match, there will be limitations on AMS number (but probably not type). We want mechs to get pummeled after all. For the rest of the matches, that slipped my mind when drafting the rules. Thank you for bringing it to my attention!

Edited by Ivor, 16 January 2018 - 12:38 PM.

#8 Wolfy36

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 42 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM

So I have my Atlas pumped out with 12 potato launchers. I decided to go with a mix of Golden and Idaho potatoes for that nice tasty mix up. Only problem is I didn't have room for the Butter Launcher, the Sour Cream Launcher, the Bacon Launcher, the Pepper Launcher, the Green Onion Launcher, the Cheese launcher (I swear to god Tahawus, if I see one California cheese is better than Wisconsin cheese... two demotions and 50 lashes), and the salt launcher.

Well... wait... most cockpits come pre-installed with a heavy dose of salt. Alright. So far I got some salty potatoes.

I'm gonna need the other C4 boys to build around this. We better be able to feed every unit in this event at least one high quality fully loaded potato. I'm talking the works here guys... common, what do I even pay you guys for?

Do it for the potatoes folks! I mean the kids! Yeah, that. The second part.
Posted Image

#9 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 02:56 PM

my Boss just asked if there was a way to text in a donation?

#10 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 03:35 PM

There is no way to text in a donation. I suspect that's for tax receipt or logistical reasons. In any case, the best way to donate for this event is through https://donate.child...29166d080d0c028 or the widget.

If your boss is looking to do a corporate sponsorship, he can check out this link.

http://www.childspla...rity.org/donate

#11 Gimme1

• Pip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 16 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

Would like to give Ivor a massive shout out and thanks for all the hard work he has done so far for getting this going as well as many others. Twinja and Just call me Ash for taking time out to host this thing for us . Also all the units who have taken time out to be a part of this charity event and hope that this event gets traction and hope there is many more to come.

Edited by PshnHrd, 17 January 2018 - 05:00 PM.

#12 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 16 January 2018 - 08:45 PM

View PostWolfy36, on 16 January 2018 - 01:21 PM, said:

Only problem is I didn't have room for ...the Sour Cream Launcher...... the salt launcher.

LIES. You always have room for those.

#13 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 17 January 2018 - 12:27 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 16 January 2018 - 08:45 PM, said:

LIES. You always have room for those.

i thought they were standard issue in all IS cockpits. kinda like the British and their tea kettles in their tanks. ;) lol

#14 BaronDeath

• PipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 45 posts
  • LocationOzark Highlands

Posted 17 January 2018 - 05:45 PM

Great stuff everyone and thanks to the guys at MAZR for taking the time and organizing. < o Getting our roster together.

#15 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 18 January 2018 - 10:55 AM

#16 Ivor

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • CS 2023 Referee
  • 76 posts

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:59 PM

Hey everyone! Check out this event poster made by Tana Pryde!
Posted Image

Edited by Ivor, 23 January 2018 - 08:38 AM.

#17 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 03:11 PM

bump*

#18 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:14 PM

Looking forward to the stream and hope to help raise tons of cash for Child's Play!

#19 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 27 January 2018 - 10:27 AM

bump!

#20 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts