28 replies to this topic

#21 Damnedtroll

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 676 posts
  • LocationFrog land of Quebec

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

MRM and LMG work well together. MRM is an area saturation weapon when you use a big launcher or multiple launcher, Replaced most of my srm with mrm. My Vindicator with triple lmg and mrm40 is a beast.

Tested ATM with no result... i just have one lrm dedicated clan mech and it's an Highlander. Tried ATM in my Hunchback and Orion IIC too but never been able to do something with them. I don't have any atm in my stock pile of weapons left, sold them all.

Edited by Damnedtroll, 21 March 2018 - 06:41 PM.

#22 TripleEhBeef

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 700 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 April 2018 - 01:34 PM

MRMs do sync up with mid-range ballistics like the AC10/LBX10 in their range profiles. Mechs with cooldown/velocity quirks for ballistics and missiles can make the setup work well.

#23 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:28 PM

I actively use LRMs and SRMs but have given up on ATMs. I am not playing my IS stuff to focus on Clan tech.

#24 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:05 PM

Does Artemis work with MRMs? Can't find anything on it...

#25 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:13 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 30 April 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

Good question. I can not say conclusively, MRMs are dumb missles so Artemis should not.

#26 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 30 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 30 April 2018 - 07:05 PM, said:

It shouldn't and last I knew it does not.

#27 Averen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 05:17 AM

Artemis doesn't do anything for MRMs, but ATMs obviously benefit from the shorter lock time.

I find MRMs extremly useful. They are highly versatile medium range damage dealers on the level of LL or UAC5. The large variety of launchers means even a mech with a single slot can use them to get some additional firepower, and despite their low RoF, the DPS is still very good.
Opens up a huge set of medium range fire support mechs, combines with almost any other type of build that isn't reliant on front loaded damage (like SRM+AC20).

ATMs are fine. I hate LRMs, but ATMs are actually a cool spin on their mechanics; they are high risk, high reward, with insane damage on short range, but no damage below 120m and reliance on locks. Found that a Stormcrow with 2xATM12 can do a lot of damage, and the mechs twist range/agility allows you to easily control distance to get into the sweet spot.
Plays completely different to LRM, and that's a good thing. The ammo is rather inefficient, even at medium range, so long range spam is highly discouraged.

Both weapons are prime examples how to do longer range/indirect fire missiles without being totally lame.

Edited by Averen, 21 May 2018 - 05:17 AM.

#28 Spare Parts Bin

• Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 21 May 2018 - 08:42 AM

View PostAveren, on 21 May 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

Artemis doesn't do anything for MRMs, but ATMs obviously benefit from the shorter lock time.

I find MRMs extremly useful. They are highly versatile medium range damage dealers on the level of LL or UAC5. The large variety of launchers means even a mech with a single slot can use them to get some additional firepower, and despite their low RoF, the DPS is still very good.
Opens up a huge set of medium range fire support mechs, combines with almost any other type of build that isn't reliant on front loaded damage (like SRM+AC20).

ATMs are fine. I hate LRMs, but ATMs are actually a cool spin on their mechanics; they are high risk, high reward, with insane damage on short range, but no damage below 120m and reliance on locks. Found that a Stormcrow with 2xATM12 can do a lot of damage, and the mechs twist range/agility allows you to easily control distance to get into the sweet spot.
Plays completely different to LRM, and that's a good thing. The ammo is rather inefficient, even at medium range, so long range spam is highly discouraged.

Both weapons are prime examples how to do longer range/indirect fire missiles without being totally lame.

I will try ATMs again.

#29 BTGbullseye

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 22 May 2018 - 12:48 AM

Bear in mind that it doesn't matter how many launchers you have with ATMs if the enemy has at least 3x AMS... They are hit incredibly hard by AMS coverage due to their low missile health. If the enemy has such coverage, you'll get more out of backup weapons than you ever will from ATMs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users