#281 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostJuIius, on 23 January 2018 - 12:22 PM, said:

I see how you get 19k posts... congrats... and a good fishing tomorrowPosted Image

Most of mine are huge page scrollers and new player help posts. But at work.

#282 Kabaak

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 06:45 PM

True Story:

I was super excited to try out quad light gauss on my Sleipnir. Sure it's super heavy and only a couple of mechs can actually boat them, but hey, it's something different. After buying my four, shiny new light gauss rifles and pairing everything else down so I can hold enough ammo, I take it into the testing grounds. Theoretically the higher rate of fire should counteract the higher weight to damage ratio. I at least wanted to give the weapon system that no one wants to use a fresh new look. I get in game, super excited, and let a few rounds rip into the CT of a lumbering Atlas. Hmm, wait a minute... It is only firing two of my four rifles... OK, I know, split them into two groups. Crap, the charge up mechanic is making this super complicated.. and now all my fun for the evening vanishes in frustration. In fact, I'm writing this instead of enjoying your video game.

So here it is PGI: How exactly were you intending for me to use this weapon system? Surely you have your own opinion seeing how there are so many artificial barriers to how I want to use it.

Please, educate me and other Mechwarriors that may be curious. When you play MWO and want to run Light Gauss rifles, what are the go-to loadouts around the office? Let's say inquiring minds want to know.

Thanks in advance, PGI, for your response.

#283 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:06 PM

What is so complicated about left-click then right-click?

#284 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 23 January 2018 - 08:29 PM

It's two buttons I guess?

Not all mice have them

#285 Kabaak

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 16 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:26 PM

Wow, you guys work for PGI? Your customer service sucks...

All kidding aside, I'm a 50th percentile player and this is a real issue for me and perhaps others of my skill or lower. Upper echelon players such as yourselves may be great with the mechanics, but to me, Light Gauss are overly complicated. That's why I wrote a post directed towards the staff.

If you two get a kick out of it, I guess have your fun - and keep clicking those left and right mouse buttons......

#286 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:40 AM

View PostKabaak, on 23 January 2018 - 09:26 PM, said:

Wow, you guys work for PGI? Your customer service sucks...

All kidding aside, I'm a 50th percentile player and this is a real issue for me and perhaps others of my skill or lower. Upper echelon players such as yourselves may be great with the mechanics, but to me, Light Gauss are overly complicated. That's why I wrote a post directed towards the staff.

If you two get a kick out of it, I guess have your fun - and keep clicking those left and right mouse buttons......

WTF....lol.

#287 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:07 AM

When is airstrike damage going to come up for review again?

Maybe it's just sour grapes, but I don't think losing 47% of my total hitpoints on a Hunchback IIC to two airstrikes in the first 1.5 minutes of a game is fair, balanced, or fun. It was on Forest Colony, and I was having to use JJs to even see the enemy, so there was no chance to shoot back - and due to the congestion of the buildings, no room to get away in time.

#288 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:16 AM

Arties are really annoying...in FP its like ArtyWarriorOnline....But this perfectly fits to the usual Clanner-Tactic: Throwing Arties to open backs from far behind, then hide and wait while your comrades are dying, then shoot 1 or 2 mechs in the open back to farm kills.

Clanners....lol.

#289 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:49 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 24 January 2018 - 06:16 AM, said:

Arties are really annoying...in FP its like ArtyWarriorOnline....But this perfectly fits to the usual Clanner-Tactic: Throwing Arties to open backs from far behind, then hide and wait while your comrades are dying, then shoot 1 or 2 mechs in the open back to farm kills.

Clanners....lol.

To be fair it goes both ways...

On another note, are these heat nerfs to clans really crippling everybody?

#290 JuIius

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

View PostJonathan8883, on 24 January 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

When is airstrike damage going to come up for review again?

Maybe it's just sour grapes, but I don't think losing 47% of my total hitpoints on a Hunchback IIC to two airstrikes in the first 1.5 minutes of a game is fair, balanced, or fun. It was on Forest Colony, and I was having to use JJs to even see the enemy, so there was no chance to shoot back - and due to the congestion of the buildings, no room to get away in time.

Heard that IS Airstrikes and Ari-Strikes will be buffed in next Patch... for Clanners there will be a Damage Reduction. As a Clanner, your strikes will start 30 seconds after activation.. so enemy idiots have more time to move away....

#291 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:07 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 January 2018 - 06:49 AM, said:

To be fair it goes both ways...

On another note, are these heat nerfs to clans really crippling everybody?

I was not really serious to this :)

But, seriously, Arties are annyoing. On both sides. I don't use them in any mech except 2 scouts.

#292 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:16 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 23 January 2018 - 08:06 PM, said:

What is so complicated about left-click then right-click?

Guess it depends on if there's also some separate back up weapons. Or learning left click hold 1 release right click hold 1 release.

There is the issue that if you don't hold it long enough or too long that the weapon farts instead of firing....

And if you transition from one to the other too quickly the game won't even allow the second group to try to charge. So the issue is more timing than the simple left click right click.

View PostJuIius, on 24 January 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

Heard that IS Airstrikes and Ari-Strikes will be buffed in next Patch... for Clanners there will be a Damage Reduction. As a Clanner, your strikes will start 30 seconds after activation.. so enemy idiots have more time to move away....

The consumables are identical for both sides and use the same object reference.
Any change to one will affect the other since they are one and the same.

But I assume that's a joke or a troll in reference to the perceived Clan nerfing... which honestly made my Clan mechs easier to use.

#293 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 January 2018 - 07:34 AM

View PostKoniving, on 24 January 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

which honestly made my Clan mechs easier to use.

But that's like the guys that complain about the governor on their riding mower that prevents them from going faster! You can tell them its to keep them alive, but the only way they'll learn that some safeties are there for their survival is when Cletus goes flying through the cinderblock garden at darn near 60mph (100kph?) and nearly runs over Maw Maw and wrecks the moonshine still...

#294 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:10 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 24 January 2018 - 07:34 AM, said:

But that's like the guys that complain about the governor on their riding mower that prevents them from going faster! You can tell them its to keep them alive, but the only way they'll learn that some safeties are there for their survival is when Cletus goes flying through the cinderblock garden at darn near 60mph (100kph?) and nearly runs over Maw Maw and wrecks the moonshine still...

You tell them the Governor riding on their mower prevents them from going faster, and they'll tell you...

Posted Image
"GO! NOW!"

#295 Haazheel IIC

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 37 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 10:19 AM

Ok now im really done with mwo! I spent hours and days over the last few months to find perfect builds for my mechs and my playstyle. Tested, played till i was happy with my drop decks and my fav. Mechs. Now again a balancing energy patch: nerf clans to the bone over and over again! We like that you play more dakka and stuff so we nerfed clan energy nods, lovely isnt it?Now go on and spend again hours to refit and grind points for the skill tree changes aso...PGI, for real! If you hate clans so much, delete them, there will never be a perfect balance for all!! God damn, after 5 years im really tired of this! Skill tree? Ok, good idea, endless clan energy nerfs? Not ok, IS has its advantages so do we claners. No more money from me neither ill play, i can waste my time otherwise! ps: i know that noone cares but -1 active clan player. Bye PGI

#296 Conner Ward

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 77 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:51 AM

View PostLuminis, on 23 January 2018 - 01:48 PM, said:

The one with the biggest firepower numbers.

Only before they figure out that "firepower" does not mean that you can alpha all the time (for example, the Nova Prime).

#297 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:01 PM

View PostHaazheel, on 24 January 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

Ok now im really done with mwo! I spent hours and days over the last few months to find perfect builds for my mechs and my playstyle. Tested, played till i was happy with my drop decks and my fav. Mechs. Now again a balancing energy patch: nerf clans to the bone over and over again! We like that you play more dakka and stuff so we nerfed clan energy nods, lovely isnt it?Now go on and spend again hours to refit and grind points for the skill tree changes aso...PGI, for real! If you hate clans so much, delete them, there will never be a perfect balance for all!! God damn, after 5 years im really tired of this! Skill tree? Ok, good idea, endless clan energy nerfs? Not ok, IS has its advantages so do we claners. No more money from me neither ill play, i can waste my time otherwise! ps: i know that noone cares but -1 active clan player. Bye PGI

I remember one time when they nerfed IS "to the bone"... what patch was that.......?

Oh yeah, it was called Clan Wave I release.

...then there was the invincible arctic cheetah...

...then there was the lol-oops we messed up on Quad UAC10 ghost heat...

Truly the lady doth protest much...

Edited by MovinTarget, 24 January 2018 - 12:03 PM.

#298 JuIius

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 03:43 PM

View PostKoniving, on 24 January 2018 - 07:16 AM, said:

But I assume that's a joke or a troll in reference to the perceived Clan nerfing... which honestly made my Clan mechs easier to use.

Sometimes i wonder if people play the same game..... so it is easier for you when your Weapons have a longer Cooldown? Changed heat generation nodes in that lovely skilltree makes it easier too, thats right. Enemies dont get that change. No Problem, you are already in an walking convection oven with paper armor. It is easier when your enemies are tankier, harder to hit because of bad hitregs,Components with more health,faster firing weapons.
So please tell me, who is joking now....

Edited by JuIius, 24 January 2018 - 04:09 PM.

#299 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:09 PM

View PostJuIius, on 24 January 2018 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sometimes i wonder if people play the same game..... so it is easier for you when your Weapons have a longer Cooldown? It is easier when your enemies are tankier, harder to hit because of bad hitregs,Components with more health,faster firing weapons.
So please tell me, who is joking now....

Think of it as enforced moderation for button mashers? ;)

#300 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostHaazheel, on 24 January 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

rage quit

Can I haz ur stuff?

Edited by Fox the Apprentice, 24 January 2018 - 05:07 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users