• Survivor
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 September 2018 - 07:40 PM

ARC-5W
6 LRM 5s
13 tons of ammo
BAP
AMS

Works well chainfire or grouped in to two ad hoc LRM 15s. Chainfire can go on for ages before heat becomes an issue. It's a constant stream of damage. Enemy AMS isn't an issue until it's from multiple sources, but then that's an issue for all the LRM boats.

#62 Seraphim Furore

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:40 AM

Thought I'd try out Mean Baby as a LRM boat. If the map and team works out I can be just behind the main group pummelling 80 A-LRMs into anything and everything whilst being an assault I draw attention away from smaller teammates. The ERSLs are mainly for show and to encourage lights that get close to keep moving and run back out into LRM range so I can do real damage to them.

https://mwo.smurfy-n...184549be475e668

I consistently get high damage figures - as you'd expect - but also get as many solo kills, KMDD, components as when running more conventional quad AC10 ANH builds. I also quite often get the first kill or two in a match when our scouts encounter enemy scouts and seconds later can bring multiple salvoes down on their poor defenceless heads.

#63 Barkem Squirrel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 1,082 posts
  • LocationEarth.

Posted 23 September 2018 - 10:26 AM

Two that always are consistent for me. They are basic and 40 LRMs gives any AMS mech fits.

Maddog prime. Note the prime torsos have the best missile cooldowns although the H is not bad.

2 Artemis LRM 20's, 2 ERML's, TAG, Clan Active probe. You can mix ammo and DHS to taste or even go with 4 ERML's or 6 ERSL's.

Archer 2R or Tempest

2 Artemis LRM 20's, 4 ML's (or ERML's but watch the heat) in the arms, TAG in the CT, BAP Then with a 300XL with 2 DHS.
Tempest 2 LRM 20's, 4 ML, ECM, BAP, 8 tons of ammo, 300 XL with 2 DHS and take 8 points from each leg of armor. The 2R is better.

Now for the days you really are ticked or want to get into training mode for close LRM support. The jenner Oxide or Jenner IIc

Oxide.
4 LRM 5's and 4 or 5 tons of ammo and BAP, but the goal here is with arty or airstrikes to get more damage done than the number of LRMs that you carry. 720 I have beat a few times and 900 once, but that was before the ammo buff. using a 225 xl is just too slow and a 265 xl is a better.

Jenner IIC
6 LRM 5's, Clan active probe and 6 tons of ammo, 2 jumpjets. C 265XL for the engine you can take a 225 with two more tons of ammo and a DHS, but the speed is just not there going 104. For some reason over 120 is a line that lights have for being harder to hit.

For some reason the Maddog Prime is my go to mech, but I prefer bouncy LRMey medium mechs, so Griffins, the Treb 7M, Shadowhawks and Huntsmans.

Edited by Barkem Squirrel, 23 September 2018 - 10:29 AM.

#64 dwwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 476 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 01:38 AM

Nova cat with 2 lrm 15, 2 lrm 20, BAP, Tag and Narc beacon.
I try to be within NARC range and about 200m from another LRM boat.

Nasty backstabby lights are prioritised for NARC love.

#65 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 30 September 2018 - 04:08 AM

Quad lrm 10 Clan Summoner B with Narc and ton and a half of ammo, narc skrills, pretty much full armour to the half ton if not full, rest in ammo for lerms

Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 30 September 2018 - 04:09 AM.

#66 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 03:18 AM

I've tried a bunch of Mad Dog builds that never really seemed to be consistent or satisfy me. I have run it with 6 x LRM10 and a TAG, but that's more of a troll build where you have to have support from teammates, and you're sandblasting over a long time. This has done tons of damage, but it wasn't consistent enough or strong enough in many situations, so I switched to ATMs. I think I finally found the right build for me.

Can't remember the omnipods used right off hand, but the build includes 4 x ersl, 3 x ATM9 (since this is the max ATMs that can be fired simultaneously), and a CAP, and at least 5 ton of ammo. Gives me a little range, but in the sweet spot, it can pull 101 damage using lasers and ATMs. I mostly just use the ATMs in group fire, which the mech is cool enough to usually keep spitting out without overheating. If I start running too hot, I'll chainfire the ATMs. Been doing consistent, massive damage with this mech and strategy, Strips armor and torsos a lot quicker than any LRM build I ever ran with it.

#67 salkeee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 172 posts
  • LocationTree House

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:30 AM

I use 2 LRMmechs dont need any more even with those 2 I often switch builds to close/medium range builds.

AWS-8V STD280 ,2xLRM20 8T ammo ,Narc+tag ,3x ERMED ,TCOMPmkI its slow but never stops going forward and always trying to use all weapons.

ON1-IIC-A XL350 Artemis 2xLRM15+2xLRM20 9T ammo Tag 1 flamer +TCOMP-II this one have no defense but does the LRM job very well since its not that slow I m able to stay in main group whole time ofc trying get ppl Taged and sharing armor is a must and that 1 flamer actualy saved me few times dont thin that 1 energy weapon would meen anything.

#68 Eisenhorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,111 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 01 October 2018 - 07:01 AM

Behold, the FNR-5E....

It fit many lürm, bröther.

#69 Wasteland Wanderer1216

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 06:20 PM

My best Missile Chucker is my Mad Dog Revenant with 2 LRM-20s and 4 MPLs as close in backup weapons

#70 Throe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 01 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

[deleted by user]

Edited by Throe, 09 November 2018 - 11:31 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users