Why New Players Quit Fp And How My Point Was Made

51 replies to this topic

#1 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts
  • LocationHalfway down in Curry Sauce

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:53 PM

My old thread was closed to insults and violations of code of conduct... guess my point was made!

#2 Grus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:55 PM

Salt mine confirmed?

#3 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostGrus, on 24 January 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

Salt mine confirmed?

Salt has been farmed out!

#4 Roland09

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-shu
  • Tai-shu
  • 474 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconis Combine

Posted 24 January 2018 - 11:01 PM

Well, in fairness the last few pages consisted of an unhealthy dose of tin foil hat conspiracy theories. Not sure if you consider cries of "PAAAAWWWWGGGG!" your point being made.

#5 TWIAFU

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 4,011 posts
  • LocationBell's Brewery, MI

Posted 25 January 2018 - 03:49 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 24 January 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

My old thread was closed to insults and violations of code of conduct... guess my point was made!

And so is this one for reposting a locked thread.

Watch it go bye-bye.

#6 Mech Nuggets

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 69 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 05:55 AM

View PostTWIAFU, on 25 January 2018 - 03:49 AM, said:

And so is this one for reposting a locked thread.

Watch it go bye-bye.

will serve my point well young padawan

#7 naterist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts
  • Location7th circle of hell

Posted 25 January 2018 - 06:57 AM

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!

#8 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostMech Nuggets, on 24 January 2018 - 04:53 PM, said:

Uh...I remember the thread, wasn’t your point that “Farming” was a what was driving new players from the mode?
What does that have to do with insults and/or COC violations?
Not following how one makes the point of the other or how they are even related. Help me out here.

#9 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 07:37 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 25 January 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

Uh...I remember the thread, wasn’t your point that “Farming” was a what was driving new players from the mode?
What does that have to do with insults and/or COC violations?
Not following how one makes the point of the other or how they are even related. Help me out here.

Internet logics .
There you go, no need to thank anybody .
;)

#10 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:08 AM

So all those guys repeating the sentiments of the trolls, minus the troll attitude, know who im talking about? Listen to those guys and youll improve and enjoy your time in fw much more.

#11 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:53 AM

Its probably best not to discuss this topic too much. Hopefully PGI saw what we had to say and took it into account.

#12 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 08:59 AM

View PostWindscape, on 25 January 2018 - 08:53 AM, said:

Its probably best not to discuss this topic too much. Hopefully PGI saw what we had to say and took it into account.

Your not serious are you? The lords of MWO probably have not even looked at a topic or post on this forum in over 4 years it never gets above MOD level.

Its the same with Twitter and rededit you believe those are real responses by the lords of MWO? Not hardly just reply's by a JR staff member .

your just wasting your time dreaming of a different MWO in the future.GL have funPosted Image Posted Image

#13 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:06 AM

Ive been told by mods they dont check these channels unless they hear complaints.

Fw forum is a "sub-subforum" according to them.

#14 Windscape

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • CS 2021 Silver Champ
  • 755 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:09 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 25 January 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

Your not serious are you? The lords of MWO probably have not even looked at a topic or post on this forum in over 4 years it never gets above MOD level.

Its the same with Twitter and rededit you believe those are real responses by the lords of MWO? Not hardly just reply's by a JR staff member .

your just wasting your time dreaming of a different MWO in the future.GL have funPosted Image Posted Image

I was just thinking postive, if they dont see whats going on so be it. FW will just be terrible forever then, and they will lose more new players. PGI is only hurting themselves if they wont bother to see whats going in in FP.

#15 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:11 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 25 January 2018 - 08:59 AM, said:

If by “forum” you mean the faction play room, then yes it has been awhile since a Dev has been in to engage, but even here there has been a drop in now and again in the last four years.

As to the MWO Forums as a whole, Devs do occasionally drop in albeit pretty rarely, but they do drop in on occasion (not just via announcements, I mean they participate in player created threads occasionally, Chris and Mike most frequently) and they continue to insist that they do monitor the forums. As to the latter, you may choose to believe them or not.

FYI, Chris and Mike both appear to be more engaged with Reddit’s MWO Outreach forum than here. Russ and Paul are near exclusively to be communicated with via twitter and only if the right tone or trigger is used (e.g. last time Russ was present on the forums was when someone asserted that PGI and IGP were one and the same, but on twitter all ya really need is a complementary tone or intro and he will often respond even when the question or comment is quite pointed).

#16 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:12 AM

View Postnaterist, on 25 January 2018 - 09:06 AM, said:

Ive been told by mods they dont check these channels unless they hear complaints.

Fw forum is a "sub-subforum" according to them.

Idk about you but im totally fine with that.

#17 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:13 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 25 January 2018 - 09:12 AM, said:

Idk about you but im totally fine with that.

Dat is not de wae

#18 Johnathan Tanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 899 posts
  • LocationCurrently dodging the pugs war crimes tribunal

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

View Postnaterist, on 25 January 2018 - 06:57 AM, said:

PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWG!

Dat is de wae

#19 naterist

• Mercenary Rank 6
  • Mercenary Rank 6
  • 1,724 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostJohnathan Tanner, on 25 January 2018 - 09:14 AM, said:

Dat is de wae

Do you know what my favorite part of de female is? Eet iz de ebola

#20 KingCobra

• The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 January 2018 - 09:16 AM

View PostWindscape, on 25 January 2018 - 09:09 AM, said:

I was just thinking postive, if they dont see whats going on so be it. FW will just be terrible forever then, and they will lose more new players. PGI is only hurting themselves if they wont bother to see whats going in in FP.

I know we all have for 5 years but the truth is MWO is a write off for PGI it has been since Closed Beta it is subsidized by Canada government So the Lords of MWO have moved on to new games leaving MWO to be basically run by JR staff.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View PostBud Crue, on 25 January 2018 - 09:11 AM, said:

If by “forum” you mean the faction play room, then yes it has been awhile since a Dev has been in to engage, but even here there has been a drop in now and again in the last four years.

As to the MWO Forums as a whole, Devs do occasionally drop in albeit pretty rarely, but they do drop in on occasion (not just via announcements, I mean they participate in player created threads occasionally, Chris and Mike most frequently) and they continue to insist that they do monitor the forums. As to the latter, you may choose to believe them or not.

FYI, Chris and Mike both appear to be more engaged with Reddit’s MWO Outreach forum than here. Russ and Paul are near exclusively to be communicated with via twitter and only if the right tone or trigger is used (e.g. last time Russ was present on the forums was when someone asserted that PGI and IGP were one and the same, but on twitter all ya really need is a complementary tone or intro and he will often respond even when the question or comment is quite pointed).

Im sorry but the lords of MWO have left us all and MWO on its own Special island to sink below the waves if it does not prove to be a viable write off or it does not get its special goverment money to keep afloat.Posted Image Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users