334 replies to this topic

#1 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

Posted Image

Found on the Mechwarrior Online Twitter. Clearly leaked by Blakists within PGI's ranks..

Edited by MechaBattler, 29 January 2018 - 05:10 PM.

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:10 PM

No, I don't want a mechpack.

#3 Water Bear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:24 PM

Good to know they're still using type writers in the year 3068.

#4 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:25 PM

Omega or Ares are my first most obvious guesses (because of how high the C-Bill costs are) but I have an odd feeling it's neither of them.

Edited by FupDup, 29 January 2018 - 05:26 PM.

#5 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:26 PM

Free Worlds Defense Industries. My money is on Word of Blake mechs like the Toyama

#6 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:29 PM

'nce industries' means it could be;

- Star League Defense Industries, impossible due to destruction in the Amaris Civil War.

- Sterope Defense Industries, a Taurian Concordat company known for producing various weapons.

- Free Worlds Defense Industries, which is most notable for producing literally every Celestial Omnimech, as well as the Toyama, Grand Crusader, Buccaneer, and various Blakist 'mechs. (However, they did NOT produce the Omega.) (Ninja'd by orcrist, apparently. Jerk/s)

My money is on Celestials, honestly. As far as "Competitive IS Omnis" go, they are certainly the better picks.

Edited by Catten Hart, 29 January 2018 - 05:31 PM.

#7 Admiral-Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 578 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostWater Bear, on 29 January 2018 - 05:24 PM, said:

Good to know they're still using type writers in the year 3068.

Fits to the school bus like look of most mech cockpits.

#8 Internal Obedience XIII-omega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Decimator
  • The Decimator
  • 235 posts
  • LocationHPG LXXIII-omega

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 29 January 2018 - 05:10 PM, said:

Posted Image

Found on the Mechwarrior Online Twitter. Clearly leaked by Blakists within PGI's ranks..

Gonna have to ask you to come with me.

#9 Bombast

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,709 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:51 PM

I have a prediction - The documents horseshit, and its not going to match the Lore in any meaningful way. It probably is just 'Defense Industries,' the C-Bill values are all pulled out of thin air and meaningless, and the 'prototype' thing will just be a standard prototype, unrelated to any of the inuinverse 'prototype' chassis.

And if it's a Word of Blake Omnimech, as I've seen suggested elsewhere, I quit. I just... I just quit.

#10 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:56 PM

View PostCatten Hart, on 29 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

'nce industries' means it could be;

- Star League Defense Industries, impossible due to destruction in the Amaris Civil War.

- Sterope Defense Industries, a Taurian Concordat company known for producing various weapons.

- Free Worlds Defense Industries, which is most notable for producing literally every Celestial Omnimech, as well as the Toyama, Grand Crusader, Buccaneer, and various Blakist 'mechs. (However, they did NOT produce the Omega.) (Ninja'd by orcrist, apparently. Jerk/s)

My money is on Celestials, honestly. As far as "Competitive IS Omnis" go, they are certainly the better picks.

Likely not, Celestials will come later if never. They are often with mixed tech. There is also Tamar Defense Industries which means Kuritan mechs, which is Gen 1 omni's as well as the Chimera, which is far more likely, as well as the Akuma and Dragonfire (even with Tamar Defense Industries having nothing to it's name).

From the polls, the Chimera, Men Shen, Dragonfire (old design but resurrected with modern tech makes sense), Crusader (which doesn't make much sense), Champion (doesn't make much sense for the same reason as the Crusader, though it was retrofitted with newer tech which allowed for some amazing load outs of clan busters which might be what is alluded to), Lao Hu, or Akuma (fits the Kurita theme).

We'll see soon enough, PGI doesn't like to have much down time between pre-orders.

#11 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

Plz not a Celestial..

#12 FLG 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

View PostBombast, on 29 January 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

I have a prediction - The documents horseshit, and its not going to match the Lore in any meaningful way. It probably is just 'Defense Industries,' the C-Bill values are all pulled out of thin air and meaningless, and the 'prototype' thing will just be a standard prototype, unrelated to any of the inuinverse 'prototype' chassis.

Well, I am afraid that might be true, given that PGI apparently did not even knew about the Fafnir being a Steiner signature Mech until they were told by the community.

But then, perhaps Randall wrote this. He knows BT. (At least far better than some people at PGI).

View PostCatten Hart, on 29 January 2018 - 05:29 PM, said:

Maybe, but then the true (TT) strengths of the Celestials cannot really be recreated in MWO or are a lot less impressive (C3, melee, tanking).
Even without melee, we'd need a boatload of new tech like the compact fusion engine, XL gyro, heavy duty gyro, small cockpit, Binary Laser Cannon, VSP laser, X-Pulse laser, Plasma Rifle, MML etc.

With the current state of MWO, the Celestials are only shadow of their true self.

Edited by FLG 01, 29 January 2018 - 05:59 PM.

#13 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 05:58 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 29 January 2018 - 05:56 PM, said:

There is also Tamar Defense Industries

Actually, Tamar Defense Industries ceased existence as a known corporate entity after the Second Succession War, where its last holdings were abandoned/depopulated for vague reasons. At least according to several canon sources.

View PostFLG 01, on 29 January 2018 - 05:57 PM, said:

Maybe, but then the true (TT) strengths of the Celestials cannot really be recreated in MWO or are a lot less impressive (C3, melee, tanking).
Even without melee, we'd need a boatload of new tech like the compact fusion engine, XL gyro, heavy duty gyro, small cockpit, Binary Laser Cannon, VSP laser, X-Pulse laser, Plasma Rifle, MML etc.

With the current state of MWO, the Celestials are only shadow of their true self.

True, but I see little problems with the addition of any of those if they are implemented right. Which I suppose is the biggest problem with this. Or the whole retractable blade nonsense.

Edited by Catten Hart, 29 January 2018 - 06:02 PM.

#14 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:00 PM

View PostInternal Obedience XIII-omega, on 29 January 2018 - 05:51 PM, said:

Gonna have to ask you to come with me.

Posted Image

#15 BumbleBee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 527 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:02 PM

With the "...our engineers have started *************" I'm thinking reverse engineering Omnitech for IS OmniMechs

The mention of the overlooking of this BattleMech could be a chassis that has both BattleMech and OmniMech models

I know less about IS tech than Clans, does anyone know of an IS Mech that fits this?

Edited by BumbleBee, 29 January 2018 - 06:05 PM.

#16 Trenchbird

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,166 posts

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:09 PM

View PostBumbleBee, on 29 January 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

The mention of the overlooking of this BattleMech could be a chassis that has both BattleMech and OmniMech models

The Omni-Firestarter, Omni-Blackjack, and Omni-Centurion. Omni-Cent's not happening (intro date of 3111), but Omni-Firestarter and Omni-Blackjack fulfill the criteria.

#17 InvictusLee

• The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:10 PM

Defiance Industries? Heavy Hands. Leviathan. Thug. Warhammer MKII.

#18 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 29 January 2018 - 06:11 PM

View PostNovember11th, on 29 January 2018 - 06:10 PM, said:

Defiance Industries? Heavy Hands. Leviathan. Thug. Warhammer MKII.

It's not Defiance, the last three letters are -nse.

#19 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

The high costs are R&D. This could be a SLDF-era mech, but the document makes it look like they are reverse-engineering ClanTech.

Since PGI has been releasing MW4 Mechs recently, I think the Chimera is likely the best bet, as mentioned above.

#20 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

if it is Celestial series mechs(set of 4OmniMechs) them i am super Hyped,
all are stable mech designs, as each Celestial series mech comes with a Small Cockpit,

said Small Cockpit i have been Advocating for, and would love to see added,
=(Cockpits & Gyros! Is Cockpit & Gyro Options?)=

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users