2 replies to this topic

#1 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 31 January 2018 - 04:18 PM

I been getting Random frame rate drops while playing in the game. My frame rate goes from 114 to 16 and it hard to play like this is there anything I can do to fix this ?[

I love the game but I might have to quit if I cant get this fixed it unplayable right now

Edited by Illicit Activitie, 31 January 2018 - 04:19 PM.

#2 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,740 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:37 PM

You know, for all we know you are playing on a potatoe and only get that high FPS while off in a corner...Posted Image Sort like saying I am bleeding, I just might stop so I dont die.. a papercut or knife or a gunshot, etc???

And what have you done to troubleshoot this? Apply a bandaid at least? I mean, run the Repair Tool to clear out the Shaders, etc?

Double check computer's power options. Set to Balance or High Performance. A couple of players who had random crappy FPS had their set to Power Saver, which throttles the CPU/GPU, park cores, etc to "save" power...

If Windows 10, windows updates are set by DEFAULT to download drivers, including GPU, and that can furbar things up.

And when was the last time the dust bunnies were cleared out from the heatsinks.. computer.. not a mechs....?

Are you running any sort of software like HWMonitor to track CPU/GPU usage and heat, among other things?

Dependent on system, it might be worth it to put a FPS cap to help reduce the heat buildup.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 01 February 2018 - 04:50 PM.

#3 Illicit Activitie

• PipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 53 posts
  • LocationUsa

Posted 01 February 2018 - 04:56 PM

Running my pc power options at high performance
Clean out the pc 1 time every year
Do have windows updates set on default
And don’t have any 3 party software to watch heat

System build is as follows

i7-5930 k over clocked to 4.10 g it got 6 cores and hyper threading
cpu is water cooled
16 gigs of ddr4 ram runs at 2600
Evga 980 classified
Ssd for hard drive 1tb

run the game on hi setting

Edited by Illicit Activitie, 01 February 2018 - 04:59 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users