Blood Asp Pre-Order Is Here!

248 replies to this topic

#161 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:54 PM

I think the head should be a but lower but still cool stuff. I'm always looking forward to fighting new mechs, as long as they don't completely overpower existing ones.

View PostUnnatural Selection, on 02 February 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Pure "pay2win". Uberimba "overhead" hardpoints, ecm, decent speed (64kmph...as fast as well-armed VTR...), 512 ES armor... While KDK was just best of assaults this thing going to be "ultimate mech"... Well done PGI, after adding Fafnir to balance KDK you add overpowered clan mech... **** balance, **** old "weak" chassis, let's go "new=best" way, its much more easy then balance existed ones... Blood Asp absolutely ended my enthusiasm - since project start you do only cosmetic changes and more and more ignoring balance.... Well done!

The Kodiak is not overpowered, it is actually very weak with a huge CT and clan ballistics kinds suck.

#162 verybad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 12:59 PM

Just doesn't look like an assault mech, looks like a medium because the top guns and stuff is too small.

I know this is because having them too large would make the mech easy to hit, but it just doesn't look like the 90 ton Blood Asp. Looks like a 45 ton Blood Asp.

#163 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:09 PM

View PostDont LRM me please, on 02 February 2018 - 12:54 PM, said:

The Kodiak is not overpowered, it is actually very weak with a huge CT and clan ballistics kinds suck.

I understand your point, you are completely right, but the "Kodiak is OP" mindset was true for some time. Then came the UAC10 nerfs, the engine nerf and I think some structure nerfs to the Kodiak which really hit him hard. He's still good, but not GREAT...and that's how it should be, every mech should be equally viable for its weight for its role.

#164 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 553 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 02 February 2018 - 01:56 PM

Maybe sometime this year we can get a few more battlemechs like the Matador, Hellfire, Warhammer IIC, and Urbanmech IIC.

#165 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:08 PM

View PostAce Tuna, on 01 February 2018 - 11:08 AM, said:

The wallet stays closed until they fix the glaring issues, and make the game fun again.
ditto

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 02 February 2018 - 01:56 PM, said:

Maybe sometime this year we can get a few more battlemechs like the Matador, Hellfire, Warhammer IIC, and Urbanmech IIC.
the urbanmech IIC is a piece of junk worse than the orginal.

Edited by KursedVixen, 02 February 2018 - 02:09 PM.

#166 fedratsailor

• Pip
  • The Solitary
  • 13 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 02:10 PM

would love to see a pack of the IIC's that don't have more than 1 variant, Urbanmech, Clint, Commando, Wyvern, Guillotine.

#167 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

View Postclan hope, on 01 February 2018 - 03:24 PM, said:

im not seeing the link

Origin

Spreadsheets

Enjoy!

#168 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:33 PM

View Postclan hope, on 01 February 2018 - 03:27 PM, said:

ok i will make a er large lazer snv-1 and u bring the er large lazer blr and just fire at each others center torso and see who wins

That can be simulated using this instead.

Build a BLR & SNV in Smurfy, import the links, add skill trees if you like, then test out different ranges, accuracy %, target locations, firing preferences...

#169 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

View PostSPNKRGrenth, on 01 February 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Clan Enhanced ER PPCs should be added to the game to go along with this. Early adopting this baby either way, as it was one of my favorite mechs in MechAssault 2, but this would be a golden opportunity to give Clan a second PPC option. No not Plasma PPCs, those aren't lore, EER PPCs is what I'm talking about, which are lore.

YES!

Sure, they're larger, heavier & technically less damaging, but that's 12 damage with no splash! They could probably up the velocity compared to the ERPPC, though the heat would be similarly high.

View PostZandel Corrin, on 01 February 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Explain to me why you would want PGI to add a 'new' clan weapon to the game that is identical to the current ERPPC except it does less damage.

IS ER PPC >>>>>>>> 15 heat 10 damage on TT
Clan EER PPC >>>>> 15 heat 12 damage on TT
Clan ER PPC >>>>>> 15 heat 15 damage on TT

Why add something that was just an experimental half way point in the normal ER PPCs development?

It adds another option for pinpoint damage to the Clan arsenal, so people might stop bleating on about 15 pinpoint damage Clan ERPPCs or single slug Clan ACs.

#170 Angus McFife VI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 433 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:40 PM

View PostDoctor Dinosaur, on 02 February 2018 - 01:09 PM, said:

I understand your point, you are completely right, but the "Kodiak is OP" mindset was true for some time. Then came the UAC10 nerfs, the engine nerf and I think some structure nerfs to the Kodiak which really hit him hard. He's still good, but not GREAT...and that's how it should be, every mech should be equally viable for its weight for its role.

Honestly, I've never seen a Kodiak do good since nerfs, especially when I get near them in my Atlas. They just fall apart like butter in a microwave. But yes I remember them pre-nerf, they were quite great.

Edited by Dont LRM me please, 02 February 2018 - 03:41 PM.

#171 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

View PostOdanan, on 02 February 2018 - 04:41 AM, said:

Honestly? Your polls fell heavily biased... :/

The Light one, maybe, due to the "Myke's Choice" section, but the rest? They include (almost) every 'mech available to be added.

Their mechlist resource is pretty nifty, too.

#172 Shenanigan23

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 61 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:15 PM

IS loyalist here, but this mech just looks great. Its hard points, ECM, and possible builds look so good. Probably will be only the 2nd Clan pack I will buy, good work PGI :)

#173 Ropya

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 06:57 PM

One more question. Make sure im seeing this right as well.

The Rancor, the hero mech, has some rather unique omnipods compared to the rest.
Namely the ability for dual ERPPC in those high mount torsos.

Question is, Im seeing you cant 'buy' the hero omnis in game. Based on my Hellbringers.
So you have to buy the hero to get the omnis, but at that point are you able to get more of those omnis?
Ie, would I be able to get an extra set of Rancor Torso Omnis to put into another chassis?
Or is it only what comes with, and the only way to get them at all is to buy the hero?
Thus locking out an entire build to be only for the hero mech?

Also, is there anywhere like Smurfy where we can test build this before its release?

#174 SPNKRGrenth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 184 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:09 PM

View PostZandel Corrin, on 01 February 2018 - 09:37 PM, said:

Explain to me why you would want PGI to add a 'new' clan weapon to the game that is identical to the current ERPPC except it does less damage.

IS ER PPC >>>>>>>> 15 heat 10 damage on TT
Clan EER PPC >>>>> 15 heat 12 damage on TT
Clan ER PPC >>>>>> 15 heat 15 damage on TT

Why add something that was just an experimental half way point in the normal ER PPCs development?

Because balance in MWO works differently than TT, which can change virtually identical weapons enough to have different roles. That, and having a second choice would be useful.

In MWO ERs are:

IS ER PPC: 13.5 heat, direct 10 damage, 4 second cooldown, 1900 velocity, 3 slots, 7 tons.
Clan ER PPC: 14.5 heat, direct 10 damage with 2.5 splash damage to either side, 5 second cooldown, 1500 velocity, 2 slots, 6 tons.

So the Clan EER PPC could have possible rough stats of say: 13.5/14 heat, 12 direct damage, 4 second cooldown, 1800/1900 velocity, 3 slots, 7 tons.

Taking an extra slot and ton over the standard Clan ER PPC, and having no splash damage to skew spreadsheet DPS numbers, allow it be balanced as a more focused damage PPC that's slightly more heat efficient. A choice I'd often take if given the chance.

#175 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 09:08 PM

View PostOdanan, on 01 February 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

It's an omnimech, meaning that, except for the CT, you can replace the omnipods in your hero.

OMG. I was looking the hardpoints and was thinking that at least the ECM ones don't have 2 gauss 6 ERM option and then I found this comment and realized thinking too much about battlemechs because so far best Clan assults have been regular battlemechs.

I didn't check the tonnage but Im fairly sure it has enough for that, as well as some other most-OP options. They should really buff some IS assults because of the 3 top Clan assults.

#176 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 12:19 AM

View PostSniper09121986, on 02 February 2018 - 11:55 AM, said:

since we have no crit splitting

This makes me sad to no end, given there's mechs in lore with stock configurations like Heavy Gauss with Light or XL engines, or IS LBX20s in the arms that we'll just never get. Given that pinpoint damage is king and that LBXes can't switch ammo types, I wish they'd just reduce IS LBX20 crit slots to 10. Might as well break lore in a way that makes things usable again.

#177 Arkhangel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:04 AM

View PostIdToaster, on 03 February 2018 - 12:19 AM, said:

This makes me sad to no end, given there's mechs in lore with stock configurations like Heavy Gauss with Light or XL engines, or IS LBX20s in the arms that we'll just never get. Given that pinpoint damage is king and that LBXes can't switch ammo types, I wish they'd just reduce IS LBX20 crit slots to 10. Might as well break lore in a way that makes things usable again.

They're usable now. what you want is to just have them be easier to use. a Hunchback with an LB20 works just fine. same with a Cataphract. same with an Annihilator. while i agree it sucks (especially for the Thanny with an arm-mounted LB20) this isn't tabletop where there's a set skill level on pilots. also should be noted that most Clan mechs that can arm-mount LB20s tend to have them mounted quite low in relation to the cockpit, the Mad Cat Mk II being one of the few notable exceptions.

#178 Hauptmann Keg Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 289 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 01:15 AM

View PostArkhangel, on 03 February 2018 - 01:04 AM, said:

also should be noted that most Clan mechs that can arm-mount LB20s tend to have them mounted quite low in relation to the cockpit, the Mad Cat Mk II being one of the few notable exceptions.

I'll take low mounts over none at all.

'More usable' might have been a better phrase. I'm less annoyed about the lack of arm mounts (although that is annoying; not replicating that -005 King Crab anytime soon) than about being locked out of Light engines. That even hurts the mechs that can already do ok with them, outside of maybe the Annihilator's abundant tonnage.

#179 Hunter Tseng

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 100 posts
  • LocationIn the pines where the gauss rifle always shines... And doesn't explode :P

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:38 AM

View PostRopya, on 02 February 2018 - 06:57 PM, said:

One more question. Make sure im seeing this right as well.

The Rancor, the hero mech, has some rather unique omnipods compared to the rest.
Namely the ability for dual ERPPC in those high mount torsos.

Question is, Im seeing you cant 'buy' the hero omnis in game. Based on my Hellbringers.
So you have to buy the hero to get the omnis, but at that point are you able to get more of those omnis?
Ie, would I be able to get an extra set of Rancor Torso Omnis to put into another chassis?
Or is it only what comes with, and the only way to get them at all is to buy the hero?
Thus locking out an entire build to be only for the hero mech?

Also, is there anywhere like Smurfy where we can test build this before its release?

No... you buy 1 hero, so you get only 1 set of the hero Omni pods.
If you want multiple hero Omni pods you will need to buy a whole new hero mech...

Edited by Hunter Tseng, 03 February 2018 - 02:38 AM.

#180 Ralph Edwards

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sovereign
  • The Sovereign
  • 172 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

View PostKlLLJOY, on 01 February 2018 - 11:34 AM, said:

Yeah, it's nice. Yeah, I will buy the 3D printed mini because there will finally be a version with correct proportions. So, I am excited about this mech.

But what we Clan players would really like is a non-OMNI 60 tonner.

Thresher
Matador
Hellfire

Don't care which, just something that is 60 tons, and non omni.

Thanks

Thresher gets my vote. Matador is just a walking box. Hellfire is just hideous (but awesome in TT)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users