Stop Gen Rushing In Siege Mode.

175 replies to this topic

#141 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:52 PM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 07 February 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Surprise surprise people love being mediocre.

Wots wrong with mediocre and how long you been in T4?

#142 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:27 PM

As a matter of fact nothing. But when you have 0 FP matches and judging by list’s stats that said t4-5 you come here and say to some of the best FP players that “gen rushing is skill-intensive” that’s a different story.

Edited by denAirwalkerrr, 07 February 2018 - 11:27 PM.

#143 Fuerchtenichts

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 280 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:54 PM

View PostdenAirwalkerrr, on 07 February 2018 - 11:27 PM, said:

As a matter of fact nothing. But when you have 0 FP matches and judging by list’s stats that said t4-5 you come here and say to some of the best FP players that “gen rushing is skill-intensive” that’s a different story.

Yeah, it is like quoting the FP unit leaderboard without understanding that "won planets" aren't reset when changing a faction. Posted Image

#144 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:39 AM

View PostYondu the Ravager, on 07 February 2018 - 09:22 PM, said:

Surprise surprise people love being mediocre.

You "git gud" guys just excel at making my point about how obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending your incessant stat chasing, demands, and taunts really are. But yet you bemoan the fact that casual players do not listen to their "betters" and play how you want us to play, using your competitive standard metamechs and strategies, all the while clucking that Faction Warfare is broken because casuals are not making it fun for you.

Well done. Keep the blinders on.

#145 J a y

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • Trinary Nova Captain
  • 125 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:57 AM

I don't know about you guys, but my family/friends unit and I play MWO just to have fun fighting giant robots. :)

#146 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 08 February 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

You "git gud" guys just excel at making my point about how obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending your incessant stat chasing, demands, and taunts really are. But yet you bemoan the fact that casual players do not listen to their "betters" and play how you want us to play, using your competitive standard metamechs and strategies, all the while clucking that Faction Warfare is broken because casuals are not making it fun for you.

I thought your point was that you had a 'life' and it prevented you from being 'good'?

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 07 February 2018 - 12:00 PM, said:

Because it IS a game, and we have real lives, with real families, real jobs, and real responsibilities, and just want to sit down, play some matches, and unwind. Chasing stats and bragging rights is pretty low on the priority list.

Oh, and as for obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending...hi pot, my name is kettle and I'd appreciate it if you stopped pointing out my color...

#147 Jaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 383 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:29 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 08 February 2018 - 03:39 AM, said:

Well done. Keep the blinders on.

Ok, I'll bite.... You've made your point, we're obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending.

But I derive my fun from logging into TS, bullshitting with a group of friends while playing big stompy robbits, and hoping for those unit vs. unit down to the wire fights. So you casuals as you call yourself are not affecting my fun at all. Are we metadouches affecting your fun?

So please help us out, contribute something useful here.

What we 'git gud' meta try hards are trying to understand is a few points:

1. How people playing for years have not gotten any better? Have you reached your skill limit and don't care anymore, did you ever care, are you trolling? or do you take pleasure from running whatever random mechs and loadouts you fancy for the day, still queuing up and knowing that the other side is probably running meta and is going to stomp you. I ask, because I know of more than a few people who take pride in performing well in intentionally less than meta builds. If that is how you have fun, great, carry on. If it isn't, let us know how you have fun, I am really interested to understand the thought process. Either way, you enjoy the game however you wish, it is your right. But don't assume every casual and new player is like you. Some genuinely do not know what is meta and what is not. Some may have even taken the time to search out metamechs and work from there, not realizing that it is woefully out of date. Don't derail a discussion that could potentially get gameplay information into the hands of players who might actually want it.

2. What is fun about being stomped? Cause stomping isn't any fun either.

3. Why they keep coming back to a mode if it's so unfun and you complain about getting stomped?

4. Why offering build advice/strategy game play advice with the end goal of achieving more balanced matches is such a horrible thing?

5.How do you define casual? What makes you any more or less casual than me?

#148 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

Yeah, while this thread is interesting and all, we did this last week and the week before that, etc.

would you like some cheese with your whine?

Edited by BigScwerl, 08 February 2018 - 10:41 AM.

#149 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 08 February 2018 - 10:52 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 08 February 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

Yeah, while this thread is interesting and all, we did this last week and the week before that, etc.

Scwerl you know the rules around here....a minimum of one thread a week must be generated on gen rushing and pug stomping (drop-zone farming is an acceptable substitute). It has been this way and will be this way until the end of MWO. So just relax and embrace the horror.

#150 r4zen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 309 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:13 AM

View PostBigScwerl, on 08 February 2018 - 10:38 AM, said:

you bring the cheese, I'll bring the whine :)

#151 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:20 AM

STILL NOT APPLYING TO BCMC EVEN WHEN YOU HANG OUT ON THE SAME THREADS AS ME...

#152 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

View Postr4zen, on 08 February 2018 - 10:16 AM, said:

I thought your point was that you had a 'life' and it prevented you from being 'good'?

Oh, and as for obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending...hi pot, my name is kettle and I'd appreciate it if you stopped pointing out my color...

First part; I got 2 kids a wife and a full time job and I'm "ok" so... *shrug*

Second part; pardon me kind sir, is someone encroaching in my job title? Lol

#153 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 08 February 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Holy sh*t that's an excellent post... since I can't reach through the monitor and shake your hand, please accept this gift of a brand-new peg leg! Posted Image

Posted Image

Good day to you sir!

#154 Xannatharr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 425 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM

View PostGrus, on 08 February 2018 - 11:41 AM, said:

First part; I got 3 wives 7 kids and a full time job and I'm "ok" so... *shrug*

Second part; pardon me kind sir, is someone encroaching in my job title? Lol

Fixed that for humor value, 'cause humor is the only thing worthwhile in this thread!

Posted Image

#155 Grus

• Little Devil
  • Little Devil
  • 4,155 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 01:27 PM

View PostXannatharr, on 08 February 2018 - 12:24 PM, said:

Fixed that for humor value, 'cause humor is the only thing worthwhile in this thread!

Posted Image

HA! no, but HA! love it.

#156 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:01 PM

View PostMarquis De Lafayette, on 08 February 2018 - 10:52 AM, said:

Scwerl you know the rules around here....a minimum of one thread a week must be generated on gen rushing and pug stomping (drop-zone farming is an acceptable substitute). It has been this way and will be this way until the end of MWO. So just relax and embrace the horror.

You forgot the lerm thread
Noice early morning reading wid coffefee
Get Guid

#157 BigScwerl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 222 posts
  • LocationPac N Dub

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

What if we removed all objective features, graphics, player names and weapons from the game and instead just had 12v12 deathmatches of 3D Cucumber on Cucumber action? I'm sure that would be really fun, and then nobody could gen rush... because there would be no gens!

#158 Elad

• PipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 48 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:34 PM

View PostBigScwerl, on 08 February 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

What if we removed all objective features, graphics, player names and weapons from the game and instead just had 12v12 deathmatches of 3D Cucumber on Cucumber action? I'm sure that would be really fun, and then nobody could gen rush... because there would be no gens!

I’m so triggered by this post. How dare you! I could see a potato, a yam, or even the noble radish. But I will never play as a lowly cucumber.

#159 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 04:49 PM

View PostJaybles-The-PegLeg-PotatoCaptain, on 08 February 2018 - 10:29 AM, said:

Ok, I'll bite.... You've made your point, we're obnoxious, arrogant, and condescending.

But I derive my fun from logging into TS, bullshitting with a group of friends while playing big stompy robbits, and hoping for those unit vs. unit down to the wire fights. So you casuals as you call yourself are not affecting my fun at all. Are we metadouches affecting your fun?

So please help us out, contribute something useful here.

What we 'git gud' meta try hards are trying to understand is a few points:

1. How people playing for years have not gotten any better? Have you reached your skill limit and don't care anymore, did you ever care, are you trolling? or do you take pleasure from running whatever random mechs and loadouts you fancy for the day, still queuing up and knowing that the other side is probably running meta and is going to stomp you. I ask, because I know of more than a few people who take pride in performing well in intentionally less than meta builds. If that is how you have fun, great, carry on. If it isn't, let us know how you have fun, I am really interested to understand the thought process. Either way, you enjoy the game however you wish, it is your right. But don't assume every casual and new player is like you. Some genuinely do not know what is meta and what is not. Some may have even taken the time to search out metamechs and work from there, not realizing that it is woefully out of date. Don't derail a discussion that could potentially get gameplay information into the hands of players who might actually want it.

2. What is fun about being stomped? Cause stomping isn't any fun either.

3. Why they keep coming back to a mode if it's so unfun and you complain about getting stomped?

4. Why offering build advice/strategy game play advice with the end goal of achieving more balanced matches is such a horrible thing?

5.How do you define casual? What makes you any more or less casual than me?

I have a family, often work 60+ hour weeks and am far from alone - even in my own unit.

Most people here "have a life".

We play for fun, we play what we enjoy.

Often however you run into people unwilling to be self critical, step outside their own ego and put the effort in to improving at things. If you really try you risk failure and that's out of scope for some people. It starts with acknowledging you are failing and need to get better. That first step may as well be off a cliff for some folks.

So the make excuses and blame others and try to normalize a failure to improve, change and adapt. This isn't a game thing it's a life thing. That's the majority of people to some greater or lesser degree.

You find a way to fix that you let me know. Otherwise you just keep putting useful information out there for the people who are in a space to benefit from it and largely ignore the "it's your fault I lose and losing is morally superior anyway" crap.

#160 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 05:16 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 07 February 2018 - 10:52 PM, said:

Wots wrong with mediocre and how long you been in T4?

You got jebaited you fool, oh man I hope I see you more in FP, I'll show you my T4 skillz.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users