271 replies to this topic

#141 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:17 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 05 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Wolverines? You Canadians have a strange idea of what a "dog" is.

Wolverines are known as the dog-faced bear... which if you ever encountered the business end of one, you'd understand.

View PostCato Zilks, on 05 February 2018 - 06:16 PM, said:

Urbie K-9 (Canine)

And Sparky is Aussie for electrician, so the dog connection there is a bit flimsy.

I thought the urbies was for the fact they look like fire hydrants...

#142 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationHell

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:22 PM

thanks for the intel in the trial mechs.

I think I only have the one free mech bay at the moment as well. got a few grand MC from the holiday event but not sure if I want to spend them on a hero or not. only got about 1.5 mil in Cbills as well. spent to much trying different builds on the few mechs i own. also I own almost exclusively IS mechs with the exception of my ebon jag (thought I would get one just incase of events that require a clan mech and it was on sale at the time).

#143 Dago Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 672 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

I really do wish that when these events that require specific mechs to complete went up they would adjust the current trials to have as many of the event mechs as possible represented.

Oh well gave me an excuse to finally put a build on that loyalty Wolverine I've never touched. Only spent 3.5 million on it to win 1 million back.

#144 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:33 PM

View PostCryzak, on 06 February 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

So we didnt get piranha leaderboard event... Posted Image

They don't do leaderboard events any longer (at least probably not the format you're thinking of). There were too many players taking advantage of a lack of PGI staff around on weekends to game/exploit the matchmaker during the events. Same players, over and over, taking all the top spots, turning in games of such high scores that they wouldn't even be seen at the world championships. What they do now is merely a bunch of minor goals to get cbills, additional cockpit items, and if you bought the collectors pack, a camo unlock.

Edited by Dee Eight, 06 February 2018 - 03:58 PM.

#145 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:57 PM

View PostCryzak, on 06 February 2018 - 12:14 PM, said:

So we didnt get piranha leaderboard event... Posted Image

The piranha Event was in January :(
https://mwomercs.com/events/82

#146 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:05 PM

Do we get a refund of the time spent piloting kitfox's ? No then why does PGi get a refund for their error instead of living with it like any retail store has to when they stuff up a price or order quantity......

#147 Grottenolm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 300 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany / NRW

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:25 PM

I´m to lazy to read all posts:
Do we have the "Wolfspider" already ?

https://en.wikipedia...iki/Wolf_spider

#148 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:33 PM

View PostCupraZero, on 06 February 2018 - 08:09 AM, said:

You did read the rest of my post, right?
Just in case you just triggered to the last sentence, Tempest is the Personal Mech of Morgan Kell, Leader of the Kell Hounds Merc Company.
Kell HOUNDS. Dog enough i guess.

So, we should include mechs that are piloted by Kell Hounds, Wolf's Dragoons, or Clan Wolf? The Annihilator should be included by this logic as it was exclusively a Wolf's Dragoon mech for a while. They should just put all mechs on sale just in case they were ever piloted by dog units.

Look, the Tempest is not named after a dog, nor does the mech itself have ties to dogs. Arguing that the mech was part of a unit that had a Dog name a major stretch.

#149 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:35 PM

Wow, the Timber Wolf feels terrible. I know it can go fast, but it really, really needs an acceleration/turn rate bump.

#150 Ibrandul Mike

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 1,913 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

First: Thanks again for a nice event.

Second: I don't get the reason behind setting the warhorns to 1 instead of 10 and therefore alienating lots of players.

I get it, it was an error (the only mech without a C-Bill reward, before the fix, so the 100 is easily explainable). Could we get an explanation for the reduction to 1 warhorn instead of 10 though? Thanks!

Edited by Ibrandul Mike, 06 February 2018 - 01:41 PM.

#151 FireusI

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK south

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:41 PM

Regarding this post by Matt

Hey All

The 100 Warhorns were not intended.
We will be adding the C-Bill reward portion back into the Challenge so you will have another reward to claim.
We will be removing 90 of the 100 warhorns from the folks who managed to achieve the challenge before it was corrected.

Also, the Arctic Wolf will be available for MC today so the 40% discount will apply to the MC price.

I'll be updating the Sale and creating a new Event for the Hell Bringer and the Trebuchet.

Regards Matt

I strongly disagree with this out come the mech's them self are over 3 million per Mech and for players/streamers of this game work hard to get as much as we can. to promote this game.

I been working hard to get where i am like the rest of the Mech pilots who are still new to the game and where MC is so hard to come by as it is. I been lucky to win MC from events of the Christmas events and giveaways to get Mech bays and now working hard to full fill them with mechs so in total i spend c-bills i would save for the Mech i really want to get.

But in order to get Items that are only hidden behind MC via buy the Mech i dont have or choose not to buy is a royal pain in the A** if you ask me talking of which the Loot create system is also hidden behind this system too so get things that the DEV's made is a ROYAL BONUS for us players who cant buy MC is great but only to give them 1 million C-bill is a bit of a kick in the N**S if you ask me.

Today alone i spent 20 million plus in C-bills in order to get the events done and to get these items which normally hidden behind a pay wall. Yes i choose to do for this items.

I hear the Loot create systems is getting changed by word of casters who i watch like father bill/Baradul but yet i seen no mention of this i alone have near on 100 of these items which i can not open.

I under stand the the game needs to make money to keep carrying and i happy that things like new Mechs skins and such is a good way to do this and i support this 100%.

I would love to buy all that the Game has to offer but due to Real life and all i cant but how ever i try and show my support for the game by streaming this game i come to love and enjoy and its community that have helped me and still helping me become a even better Mech polite in game and on there own streams.

Regards

FireusI

Edited by FireusI, 06 February 2018 - 01:43 PM.

#152 Nicc Hunter

• PipPipPip
  • Driven
  • Driven
  • 63 posts
  • LocationNuevo León

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:44 PM

View PostSereglach, on 05 February 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

On the other hand, if you want a sense of irony, you could include the feline counterparts . . . ironically the Timber Wolf aka "Mad Cat" is covered from both angles here.

MadCat is indeed the nickname of the Timber wolf. During the Clan Invassion the IS mechwarriors did not know what kind of mech they were facing The silhouettes were like a Marauder and/Or a Catapult there for the name MadCat. So in the end is not a cat!

Edited by Nicc Hunter, 06 February 2018 - 01:45 PM.

#153 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:50 PM

View PostAzureRathalos, on 06 February 2018 - 12:11 PM, said:

This event shall forever be known as "Hornageddon", where hundreds, maybe even thousands, of warhorns are stripped from players' accounts and cast howling into the void.

From the amount of kitkox’s I saw in QP last night...probably north of ten thousand warhorns will disappear. In group queue a group I was in had to find a couple of guys to agree to drop Dire Whales just to meet min tonnage....such was the lust for the 100 warhorns

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 06 February 2018 - 01:52 PM.

#154 Tina Benoit

Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 817 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:51 PM

Just an add on to what Matt posted earlier here:

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 February 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey All The 100 Warhorns were not intended. We will be adding the C-Bill reward portion back into the Challenge so you will have another reward to claim. We will be removing 90 of the 100 warhorns from the folks who managed to achieve the challenge before it was corrected. Also, the Arctic Wolf will be available for MC today so the 40% discount will apply to the MC price. I'll be updating the Sale and creating a new Event for the Hell Bringer and the Trebuchet. Regards Matt

So 90 warhorns out of the 100 have now been removed from accounts and the reward is now corrected.
Exception to the players that have equipped more than 10 up to 100 of those warhorns, due to technical reasons those will not be removed until the next patch because we require the servers to be down under maintenance mode in order to remove them from mechs safely.

Also, all users who had not receive their earned C-Bills should have them now.

#155 Richard Schlapp

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

I noticed a new upcoming event and I have a question. What exactly is the 'Hell' part? Is it for the Hellbringer only? Just needing a little clarification.

#156 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostTina Benoit, on 06 February 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

So 90 warhorns out of the 100 have now been removed from accounts and the reward is now corrected.
Exception to the players that have equipped more than 10 up to 100 of those warhorns, due to technical reasons those will not be removed until the next patch because we require the servers to be down under maintenance mode in order to remove them from mechs safely.

...or PGI could show some integrity and NOT punnish the community for their mistake and just leave the people who earned the 100 warhorns with the 100 warhorns they earned. This was a pure PGI error, don't punish us for your mistake...and the people who mentioned it are correct, in a retial environment you can't backpedal an error like this, you can only fix it going forward. This is going to turn into another "Luthien event" level of breach of trust by PGI again. Here we have yet another opportunity where PGI could build some good will with the community it relies on to pay their bills (which would cost PGI $0.00 to do) but instead decides to punish the community for PGIs own error. Good job folks, yet another "un-funning" of MWO <slow clap>

#157 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:12 PM

Wah wah wah.

Did anybody seriously think PGI intended to give out 100 warhorns? Really?

#158 FireusI

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 4 posts
  • LocationUK south

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:20 PM

Again i disagree with this why should we the players suffer for a mistake that PGI made and only get a very low 1 million C-bills for this event the mechs standard fitted are over 3 million plus the time we put into the event we did.

I did hear that other players would also not be please if you at PG! did this via the ingame comms and i am surprised that this post is not even more pages by now.

i today spent over 5 hours streaming and promoting this game on twitch which i do often when Real life lets me

Regards

FireusI

#159 Calithulu

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:22 PM

I can't imagine that they intended this, but it was fun in Twitch chat in voice comms to chortle about this while we scrambled to see if we would actually get the Warhorns.

#160 M E M E M A C H I N E

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:23 PM

If the people who completed the event before the fix get to keep 10 warhorns why was the award reduced to 1? That isn't fair for the players that weren't able to complete the challenge until later. PGI should up the award to 10 warhorns and give all the people who completed it under 1 warhorn 9 more. At least BE CONSISTENT please.

Edited by spacegy4, 06 February 2018 - 02:27 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users