271 replies to this topic

#161 Delta1262 Scorch

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 59 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:32 PM

Oh well, you even took into account that situation when people could pack bunch of their mechs with those warhorns to keep them in case they will be removed back from the storage?
Nice jobPosted Image this point goes for you. And bad luck for those friends of mine who did exactly that because of my advicePosted Image

#162 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

View PostYUyahoo, on 06 February 2018 - 02:03 PM, said:

...or PGI could show some integrity and NOT punnish the community for their mistake and just leave the people who earned the 100 warhorns with the 100 warhorns they earned. This was a pure PGI error, don't punish us for your mistake...and the people who mentioned it are correct, in a retial environment you can't backpedal an error like this, you can only fix it going forward. This is going to turn into another "Luthien event" level of breach of trust by PGI again. Here we have yet another opportunity where PGI could build some good will with the community it relies on to pay their bills (which would cost PGI $0.00 to do) but instead decides to punish the community for PGIs own error. Good job folks, yet another "un-funning" of MWO <slow clap>

Sooo like if you intended to give me 1 buck cash but gave me 100 by mistake , would you let me keep it ? You obviously understand my suffering and pain if I had to give you back your money ? XD

#163 M E M E M A C H I N E

• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:39 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 06 February 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

Sooo like if you intended to give me 1 buck cash but gave me 100 by mistake , would you let me keep it ? You obviously understand my suffering and pain if I had to give you back your money ? XD

It is punishing the community to give 10 warhorns to some and 1 to others based on the time they completed the challenge. The reward is supposed to be equal for the duration of the event. They should either reduce the folks who had 100 to 1 or give everyone who completed the challenge 10.

Edited by spacegy4, 06 February 2018 - 02:41 PM.

#164 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:55 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 06 February 2018 - 02:37 PM, said:

it depends...if it was a business transaction then yes its my fault for giving you $100 back when I should have given you $1 back I cant run after you a day later to try to get the $99 back I gave you in error (nor could I send the police after you for "stealing" $99 you shouldn't have gotten). Thats how the business world works

Edited by YUyahoo, 06 February 2018 - 03:00 PM.

#165 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 06 February 2018 - 02:59 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 February 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Ok I will Add the Hell Bringer and The Trebuchet tomorrow to the sale (maybe add them to a new event.)
Night Star isn't for sale yet so no point in adding it to the sale.

Keep it up with the ideas guys Posted Image

Ice Ferret? (because of the IS name Fenris)

PS: Bears (Kodiaks) are more related to dogs than Wolverines... ;)

#166 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:11 PM

View Postspacegy4, on 06 February 2018 - 02:39 PM, said:

It is punishing the community to give 10 warhorns to some and 1 to others based on the time they completed the challenge. The reward is supposed to be equal for the duration of the event. They should either reduce the folks who had 100 to 1 or give everyone who completed the challenge 10.

And what about the players who don't own a Kit Fox ? Are they being punished too ?

My IS account only has an urban mech . I can only do one task . OMG My whole life is ruined man . PGI is sooo evil . I have to spend 4 million cbills to buy a mech for a task that will cough up 1000 000 cbills and a cockpit item that's on discount THE HORROR . How can a free game be so cruel ? PGI should have integrity and give me 500 war horns for my 10 mechs .

#167 MacKJames

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

View PostIron Lemur, on 05 February 2018 - 06:02 PM, said:

Wolverines? You Canadians have a strange idea of what a "dog" is.

Speaking of Unnamed Clans when are we gonna see some of these decals?
Posted Image

#168 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:18 PM

whilste i understand people's dismay at missing out on the horns i must say i am happy that we get to keep ten, thankyou.
my son farmed half a day to buy the bloody kit fox and so on and his mother let me know about it ;)

#169 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:22 PM

View PostDarkFhoenix, on 06 February 2018 - 03:11 PM, said:

And what about the players who don't own a Kit Fox ? Are they being punished too ?

My IS account only has an urban mech . I can only do one task . OMG My whole life is ruined man . PGI is sooo evil . I have to spend 4 million cbills to buy a mech for a task that will cough up 1000 000 cbills and a cockpit item that's on discount THE HORROR . How can a free game be so cruel ? PGI should have integrity and give me 500 war horns for my 10 mechs .

Wow, way to blow things out of proportion, but I guess thats what a good white knight does, defend everything PGI does...even when they make an error and admit that they messed up. Look at it this way, if I put up a dartboard and gave you and your friend a few darts and said "ok guys hit the bullseye 1000 times and I'll give you $100.00" and your friend got 1000 bullseyes yesterday, got his $100 from me last night but today I say to him "sorry man I didn't mean to give you the $100 I only meant $10" and ask for the other $90 back but when you hit the 1000 bullseyes today and I only give you $1.00 because that was all I really meant to give either of you...how good would you feel about that???

Edited by YUyahoo, 06 February 2018 - 03:23 PM.

#170 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

View PostOdanan, on 06 February 2018 - 02:59 PM, said:

Ice Ferret? (because of the IS name Fenris)

PS: Bears (Kodiaks) are more related to dogs than Wolverines... Posted Image

I had this mental image of PGI seeing a kodiak, and thinking, "awwww.... puppy!"

#171 DominicPaine

Rookie

• The Star
  • The Star
  • 4 posts
  • LocationSomewhere not dead enough

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

They took back 90 of my warhorns! I spent last night staying up late so I could complete the challenge of 100 war horns as it totally seemed worth it. I just checked and I only have 10 warhorns now!!! I have been supporting the game since it was in Alpha but this will really make me re-consider buying mech packs. :( I will log a support ticket, I recommend others do the same

#172 Holy Jackson

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 222 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:48 PM

Why you don't make mastery packs for these mechs on sale too is beyond me.

#173 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,715 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 06 February 2018 - 03:50 PM

View PostDominicPaine, on 06 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

They took back 90 of my warhorns! I spent last night staying up late so I could complete the challenge of 100 war horns as it totally seemed worth it. I just checked and I only have 10 warhorns now!!! I have been supporting the game since it was in Alpha but this will really make me re-consider buying mech packs. Posted Image I will log a support ticket, I recommend others do the same
Look at it from another perspective: the event still made you 10 warhorns richer, and that's 9 warhorns more than most players will get to redeem from it.

#174 Zookeeper Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 487 posts
  • LocationBeer City USA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:07 PM

Let's face it. Everyone knew this was a mistake. Why else would everybody rush to complete the Kit Fox part right away? We knew it would be changed ASAP. We also knew that it was within PGI's terms to remove them. I expected them all to be removed, keeping 10 was a bonus for doing that challenge right away instead of playing the mechs I like bettter.

#175 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:08 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 February 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

Hey All

The 100 Warhorns were not intended.
We will be adding the C-Bill reward portion back into the Challenge so you will have another reward to claim.
We will be removing 90 of the 100 warhorns from the folks who managed to achieve the challenge before it was corrected.

Also, the Arctic Wolf will be available for MC today so the 40% discount will apply to the MC price.

I'll be updating the Sale and creating a new Event for the Hell Bringer and the Trebuchet.

Regards Matt

We now need the (100) Wolfpack Warhorn, Matt. The strength of the wolf is the pack, after all. :)

#176 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:19 PM

Typo on the event page. Should be "HELLBRINGER" instead of "HELL"?

#177 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,034 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:36 PM

View PostZh0u, on 06 February 2018 - 04:19 PM, said:

Typo on the event page. Should be "HELLBRINGER" instead of "HELL"?

Thanks! Fixed!

#178 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:54 PM

View PostNicc Hunter, on 06 February 2018 - 01:44 PM, said:

MadCat is indeed the nickname of the Timber wolf. During the Clan Invassion the IS mechwarriors did not know what kind of mech they were facing The silhouettes were like a Marauder and/Or a Catapult there for the name MadCat. So in the end is not a cat!

I see the joke went far over your head; and I'm incredibly well familiarized with Battletech Lore, Captain Obvious.

Regardless, since you want to get technical, it wasn't just the silhouettes . . . Phelan Kell (of Kell Hounds notoriety), one of the first IS mechwarriors to face the clans and tell the tale, had his targeting computer try to identify the Timber Wolf and it constantly switched between Marauder (designation MAD) and Catapult (designation CAT). Therefore, it was an IS targeting computer that first gave the moniker of Mad Cat . . . later to be officially designated by Precentor Martial Anastasius Focht (Frederick Steiner) of the ComGuards. Once that moniker became standard, it was far less of an amalgamation of two targeting designations and its own entity.

That's why later versions were just called straight up Mad Cats (after all, it's not the Timber Wolf Mk II) and also why we have this:

Posted Image

#179 Oblitum Infernos

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:55 PM

no mad cat mark 2 sale? is it not also a timber wolf?

#180 Laser Kiwi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • Leutnant-Colonel
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

View PostDominicPaine, on 06 February 2018 - 03:41 PM, said:

They took back 90 of my warhorns! I spent last night staying up late so I could complete the challenge of 100 war horns as it totally seemed worth it. I just checked and I only have 10 warhorns now!!! I have been supporting the game since it was in Alpha but this will really make me re-consider buying mech packs. Posted Image I will log a support ticket, I recommend others do the same

"stayed up late", most of us toiled for about 40 minutes, for 75000mc worth in a ftp game that is a bit much matey, as well they should take back most of the extras

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users