Lunar New Year Sale And Event!

271 replies to this topic

#201 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 06 February 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Wait, so because I was excited and spent my in game time fitting all 100 warhorns to my mechs, I get to keep the warhorns till the next patch, at which point you will remove 90 of the 100. Then, I will have to go through all my mechs again and figure out which mechs have warhorns and which don't

When you mouse over your mech in the 'Select Mech' screen it tells you what cockpit items are installed on that mech.

#202 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:14 PM

View PostTelemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, on 06 February 2018 - 11:06 PM, said:

Wait, so because I was excited and spent my in game time fitting all 100 warhorns to my mechs, I get to keep the warhorns till the next patch, at which point you will remove 90 of the 100. Then, I will have to go through all my mechs again and figure out which mechs have warhorns and which don't

View PostMikayshen, on 06 February 2018 - 11:10 PM, said:

When you mouse over your mech in the 'Select Mech' screen it tells you what cockpit items are installed on that mech.

Yeah...I will have to go through all my mechs again and figure out which mechs have warhorns and which don't...

If they accidentally gave out MC or Hero Mechs, I understand why they would/should take it back. However, 100 of ONE cosmetic item - that they could have turned into a customer service win by saying "you know what, our mistake, but enjoy" - they turn into another one of their customer service/PR screw ups.

Literally costs them nothing to leave it, and costs them customer satisfaction to remove. PGI just doesn't get it.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 06 February 2018 - 11:20 PM.

#203 Doctor Dinosaur

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 271 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:30 PM

Be glad that you live in a time zone which allowed you to have 10 additional warhorns in the first place.

#204 Mikayshen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 416 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

I don't see the issue. Sure it's effectively $400.00 USD worth of warhorns, but I never would have bought that many of any warhorn. Warhorns are overpriced (IMO) anyway, so I'd only ever consider using MC on them when they're on a big sale, and if that's the case I'd want something other than the 'Awooo!' even if the 'Awooo!' is a decent warhorn.

#205 Tiewolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 408 posts
  • LocationHessen

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:52 PM

Thank you Matt for this great thought out event. I criticised past events maybe a little too hard so i want to give you and the event team kudos for this one.

Nice creative theme driven event, player interaction in the design, reasonable time frame, generous management of mistakes (sadly i didn`t make it in time for the 100 Warhorns Posted Image ) ...well done! Keep it up!

#206 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:01 AM

Part 2. "Year of the Pug". Thank you for this lovely event addition! Posted Image

#207 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:12 AM

Although it is obviously not fair giving 100 WH and then taking them back, it is understandable. And PGI is very generous when it comes to events, compared to other games/companys i know. Yes, i feel bad that i don't have 100 WH for free. But it is more a reflex then a serious issue. And i am a grown man so i tell myself to get real.

Plz don't be childish. If i can do it, everyone can. Cuz i am a 34 year old playing with large robots.

#208 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:21 AM

if the issue would be Kodiak WH, i would be mildly angered about this, because its my favorite WH ever - nothing beats that metallic roar for a guy from the state of Bern :D

would be kinda awesome if PGi would go the stereotypical canadian way and would apologize for the mess with a "Dont worry, be Happy"-WH for the whole playerbase, but i guess that would get them into trouble with licences and so on.

#209 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:49 AM

So any more ideas of mechs to be included in the sale being accepted? Anyone here have a Romanian Raven Shepherd dog at home... this links to the Raven mechs, maybe they could add in more mechs for sale like the Raven?

#210 DangerousOne

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 02:59 AM

View PostReposter, on 07 February 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

So any more ideas of mechs to be included in the sale being accepted? Anyone here have a Romanian Raven Shepherd dog at home... this links to the Raven mechs, maybe they could add in more mechs for sale like the Raven?

You do know that "raven" solely means color in case of the name of this breed, right?

Edited by DangerousOne, 07 February 2018 - 03:00 AM.

#211 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

Yeah its a black colour dog, just for fun, I do not mind getting a Raven... like I said its related to Raven so you know... just for the heck of it.

#212 Moadebe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 269 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:58 AM

View PostFireusI, on 06 February 2018 - 01:41 PM, said:

Regarding this post by Matt

Hey All

The 100 Warhorns were not intended.
We will be adding the C-Bill reward portion back into the Challenge so you will have another reward to claim.
We will be removing 90 of the 100 warhorns from the folks who managed to achieve the challenge before it was corrected.

Also, the Arctic Wolf will be available for MC today so the 40% discount will apply to the MC price.

I'll be updating the Sale and creating a new Event for the Hell Bringer and the Trebuchet.

Regards Matt

I strongly disagree with this out come the mech's them self are over 3 million per Mech and for players/streamers of this game work hard to get as much as we can. to promote this game.

I been working hard to get where i am like the rest of the Mech pilots who are still new to the game and where MC is so hard to come by as it is. I been lucky to win MC from events of the Christmas events and giveaways to get Mech bays and now working hard to full fill them with mechs so in total i spend c-bills i would save for the Mech i really want to get.

But in order to get Items that are only hidden behind MC via buy the Mech i dont have or choose not to buy is a royal pain in the A** if you ask me talking of which the Loot create system is also hidden behind this system too so get things that the DEV's made is a ROYAL BONUS for us players who cant buy MC is great but only to give them 1 million C-bill is a bit of a kick in the N**S if you ask me.

Today alone i spent 20 million plus in C-bills in order to get the events done and to get these items which normally hidden behind a pay wall. Yes i choose to do for this items.

I hear the Loot create systems is getting changed by word of casters who i watch like father bill/Baradul but yet i seen no mention of this i alone have near on 100 of these items which i can not open.

I under stand the the game needs to make money to keep carrying and i happy that things like new Mechs skins and such is a good way to do this and i support this 100%.

I would love to buy all that the Game has to offer but due to Real life and all i cant but how ever i try and show my support for the game by streaming this game i come to love and enjoy and its community that have helped me and still helping me become a even better Mech polite in game and on there own streams.

Regards

FireusI

The crate system IS getting an overhaul. It has been stated before and we have a roadmap coming next week(ish) with Russ. So during that roadmap we will hear something about it I imagine. I personally have over 160 crates saved up and will continue to do so.

#213 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:11 AM

Such a cool sale, get your dogs everyone ! Posted Image

#214 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:14 AM

This event made me play mechs that I already mastered and left aside (as I was in a constant limbo of skilling up new mechs...). Thank you PGI.

#215 xX PUG Xx

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,721 posts
  • LocationThe other side of nowhere

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:00 AM

I saw PUG standing items listed, now thats appropriate and I want 'em ;)

#216 GweNTLeR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Universe
  • The Universe
  • 583 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:59 AM

The matchmaker is completely messed up today. You either stomp or being stomped (people just don't know how to play the mechs you are forcing them to). Just recently had like 5 matches, where 6+people in team failed to break 200 damage.
For some reason, being the top damage and kill dealer in both teams doesn't help much

Edited by GweNTLeR, 07 February 2018 - 06:03 AM.

#217 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:17 AM

@Matt: What about adding Chinese Lanterns as rewards? We always hang up lanterns in preparation for the Lunar New Year. :)

#218 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

View PostReposter, on 07 February 2018 - 01:49 AM, said:

So any more ideas of mechs to be included in the sale being accepted?

I still hope so ... I would buy all four C-Bill IS Orions (18M C-Bills instead of 30M, and then 7.5M for three DHS upgrades) if my proposal on page 4 gets accepted.

I think the regular Orion has not been included in a C-Bill sale since more than two years ago, and it seems others are waiting for the Orion IIC, see e.g. here

#219 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:38 AM

Good thing is people take out 'mechs they have not used in some time... bad things is the builds and piloting are soooo bad sometimes :)

#220 Oldmanv

Rookie

• Star Colonel V
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:38 AM

My two cents about that hundred Awoo~

1. Clearly a mistake. Go change the rules for those who didn't achieve required damage yet. I'm okay with that.

2. Altering the deal AFTER warhorns were injected is basically stealing IMO. The offer was - deal 1000dmg and get 100 Awoo~
I accepted, it was a deal, i got my 100 warhorns.

3. If only PGI wrote that it'll give 10 warhorns, but gave 100 - this is the only reason to remove 90 Awoo~

4. I am clearly on the side with ALL THE POSTERS WHO ARE DISSATISFIED WITH THAT POLICY.

5. I wont ever buy 100 of the same warhorns, so PGI removing Awoo~ from me wont get my money in future, i wont rebuy them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users