#221 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:46 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 07 February 2018 - 05:59 AM, said:

The matchmaker is completely messed up today. You either stomp or being stomped (people just don't know how to play the mechs you are forcing them to). Just recently had like 5 matches, where 6+people in team failed to break 200 damage.
For some reason, being the top damage and kill dealer in both teams doesn't help much

Agreed, i lost my cool in a few matches (hangs head in shame) but it was rage quit levels of stupid last night. I lost every single match, only got a single kill and got stomped in virtually every match. The Rambo mentality and Nascar is the only tactic and **** off and leave your assaults behind pretty much summed it up.

Definitely up there with the worst event game play ever.

#222 - World Eater -

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 940 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:25 AM

Shouldn't the Ice Ferret be added to the sale if mustelidae (Wolverines) are included?

#223 Omiko Kurita

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:37 AM

Since this event is about Chinese New Year...how about putting the DRAGON for sale?

#224 A sebaceous cyst

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:50 AM

The matchmaker is completely messed up today. You either stomp or being stomped (people just don't know how to play the mechs you are forcing them to). Just recently had like 5 matches, where 6+people in team failed to break 200 damage.
For some reason, being the top damage and kill dealer in both teams doesn't help much

actually this is how the "matchmaker" has been ever since PGI came up with the PSR system where winning a match is more important than doing well in a match....an 85 damage win will increase your PSR but a 400 damage loss will see your PSR go down even if you are top damage for the team. And sadly because PSR and the match maker is so heavily weighted on winning...the more you win matchs the better chance you have of being on a winning team next match while the more you loose the more likely you will ge on a loosing team next match. This is how PGI "balances" matches...take 24 people of relative similar PSR and put the 12 highest PSR on one side and the 12 lowest PSR on the other

#225 Rushin Roulette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:57 AM

You think that is bad? I dropped out with 250ish damage yesterday in one match thinking that was a pretty pathetic round... ended up top damage dealer for our loosing team...Sometimes you end up playing like a potato with a few spuds on your team... and other times you feel like you landed in a potato field.

#226 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:19 AM

View PostA sebaceous cyst, on 07 February 2018 - 09:50 AM, said:

actually this is how the "matchmaker" has been ever since PGI came up with the PSR system where winning a match is more important than doing well in a match....an 85 damage win will increase your PSR but a 400 damage loss will see your PSR go down even if you are top damage for the team. And sadly because PSR and the match maker is so heavily weighted on winning...the more you win matchs the better chance you have of being on a winning team next match while the more you loose the more likely you will ge on a loosing team next match. This is how PGI "balances" matches...take 24 people of relative similar PSR and put the 12 highest PSR on one side and the 12 lowest PSR on the other

This sums up my experience nicely. Sadly I seem to be firmly in the latter. The PSR was the biggest {LT-MOB-25} up PGI have ever made. Ever since then games have been **** and are only getting worse

#227 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 544 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:23 AM

Nice event for a change.
Could need a lot more trial mechs, though. The Hellbringer is decent, only needed 2 games for the 1k damage. That Dire Wolf has to have some targeting markers painted al over its body, though, 640 damage in 3 games so far. Posted Image
I'll probably buy some of the IS mechs on sale, have to think about decent Trebuchet, Wolfhound, Thunderbolt and Wolverine builds first. No hero mechs this time though.

#228 dominikabra

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 62 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:05 AM

Could I suggest another addition to the sales?

I'd love to see the Orion (as posted before) as well as the Highlander. The Highlander can relate to the cute West Highland white terrier:

Posted Image

There's also the dog training discipline to make true soldiers and bodyguards out of them, the "commando" training:

Posted Image

We also have the "Kintaro" Pug from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Kintaro (Japanese: 金太郎) is a young pug and resident of the world of Usagi Yojimbo and a friend of Miyamoto Usagi and the Ninja Turtles in the 2012 animation series.

Posted Image

And last, but not least, we have the Banshee Dog and his own Facebook page!

https://www.facebook...g-115475769945/

Posted Image

Please Matt? Please? Posted Image

Edited by dominikabra, 07 February 2018 - 11:06 AM.

#229 KursedVixen

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 3,240 posts
  • LocationLook at my Arctic Wolf. Closer... Closer...

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:12 AM

View Postdominikabra, on 07 February 2018 - 11:05 AM, said:

Could I suggest another addition to the sales?

I'd love to see the Orion (as posted before) as well as the Highlander. The Highlander can relate to the cute West Highland white terrier:

Posted Image

There's also the dog training discipline to make true soldiers and bodyguards out of them, the "commando" training:

Posted Image

We also have the "Kintaro" Pug from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Kintaro (Japanese: 金太郎) is a young pug and resident of the world of Usagi Yojimbo and a friend of Miyamoto Usagi and the Ninja Turtles in the 2012 animation series.

Posted Image

And last, but not least, we have the Banshee Dog and his own Facebook page!

https://www.facebook...g-115475769945/

Posted Image

Please Matt? Please? Posted Image

too many IS scrap piles we need more clan mechs to even it out. Also if your gonna include the Orion include the IIC the highlander as well

ICe Ferret
Loki

Edited by KursedVixen, 07 February 2018 - 11:14 AM.

#230 Uhtred the Pagan

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:28 AM

The Rifleman Legend-Killer's paint makes him look like a ******** goofy crazy dog. At least when you add eyes decals like I do :P
Although I doubt you wanna add challenges for hero mechs.

#231 Wild_Alaskan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 159 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:33 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 February 2018 - 09:42 AM, said:

I'll be updating the Sale and creating a new Event for the Hell Bringer and the Trebuchet.

I bought a Trebuchet just for this event. It's absolute garbage. I hate you.

#232 suffocater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 570 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Long finished....boooored....needs more to do in these events.

#233 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:51 PM

View PostThoseWhoFearTomorrow, on 07 February 2018 - 08:25 AM, said:

Shouldn't the Ice Ferret be added to the sale if mustelidae (Wolverines) are included?

Aside from it (wolverine) being known in some parts of Canada as a dog faced bear.... i don't think it should have been included in the event at all. Wolverines are from a completely different animal family than wolves are.

https://en.wikipedia.../wiki/Wolverine

#234 dr3dnought

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 130 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:12 PM

View Postwfischer, on 07 February 2018 - 11:33 AM, said:

I bought a Trebuchet just for this event. I put MRM60 on it. It's pretty good - did the challenge in 2 games.

#235 Marius Evander

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:22 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 07 February 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Nice event for a change.
Could need a lot more trial mechs, though. The Hellbringer is decent, only needed 2 games for the 1k damage. That Dire Wolf has to have some targeting markers painted al over its body, though, 640 damage in 3 games so far. Posted Image
I'll probably buy some of the IS mechs on sale, have to think about decent Trebuchet, Wolfhound, Thunderbolt and Wolverine builds first. No hero mechs this time though.

Posted Image
Posted Image

wolfhound is the 2 with 5 med pulse
Thunderbolt i used tdr9se with 3 lpl but I think one of the other variants with lots of er med lasers is prolly better now.

#236 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:16 PM

Cockpit Standing - STANDARD MECH. WOLF STATUE

Ok..... what is a 'standard mech wolf statue? XD

#237 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:46 PM

The wolf statue AAAAND the horse statue for that matter, are standard vesions of this years loyality rewards. Check it out in-game, they are kinda awesome. Glowing eyes and all. The loyality ones have a different eye color and darker texture/ body colour.

#238 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 04:14 PM

Go MRM or go home when it comes to the Trenchbucket. Or you'll be in the doghouse.

#239 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 05:06 PM

View PostTordin, on 07 February 2018 - 03:46 PM, said:

The wolf statue AAAAND the horse statue for that matter, are standard vesions of this years loyality rewards. Check it out in-game, they are kinda awesome. Glowing eyes and all. The loyality ones have a different eye color and darker texture/ body colour.

Ahhhh dint realize i had those (the loyalty ones).. :D got the wolf one in my MkII Timberwolf now :D

View PostBrain Cancer, on 07 February 2018 - 04:14 PM, said:

Go MRM or go home when it comes to the Trenchbucket. Or you'll be in the doghouse.

What if i have an Arctic Wolf with 9 LRM5's? Posted Image

#240 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 06:53 PM

Hey PGI,

I found an error in your event. Where the red arrows are pointing, there is a wrong number, probably a typo, but there should be the number 800.

The laugh is always on the loser. So heads up PGI.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users