Lunar New Year Sale And Event!

271 replies to this topic

#81 Reposter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 226 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:35 AM

Google Romanian Shepherd Raven Dog MechWarrior... remember the Raven needs some love!

Edited by Reposter, 06 February 2018 - 04:47 AM.

#82 Nema Nabojiv

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,783 posts
  • LocationUA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:38 AM

View Postsuffocater, on 06 February 2018 - 04:17 AM, said:

Warhorns worth 100000MC (normal price without sale) for free. We are talking MC for 400$ here. I hope that mistake won't cost a job.

Well that's the warhorns of a treacherous clan, surely they not worth as much as those of any true clan.

#83 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:41 AM

View PostManOfAthens, on 06 February 2018 - 04:28 AM, said:

Probably not, but I strongly doubt that it isn't going to be fixed.

Well they've ballsed up maybe (nothing new there) and they know that a stink will be kicked up by people who are in different time zones, at work got other stuff on right now like myself etc that can't play to redeem the 100 warhorns. Will have the whole it's not fair crying.

They will be far better off swallowing it and leave the mistake. But then that would imply logic. One thing PGI has failed to show on repeated occasions.

#84 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:55 AM

I'd be really surprised if they didn't fix it. I'm probably one of the few out there who'd take a mil CBills over a duplicate warhorn however, and if people complain enough they just may have to leave it. It's silly to bring fairness into the discussion though, as if they remove it, everyone will have the same chance to win the 1 they intended in the first place. No one will be keeping their 100 while late participants can only win one, that scenario won't occur either way.

Either we end up with 1 mil CBills and 1 warhorn, or we keep the useless pile of horns as a bit of humorous nostalgia so the forums don't riot at their removal. (By forums I mean the small but vocal group of Wolf Warhorn enthusiasts, who will make it seem like they're legion ;p)

#85 Cato Zilks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 698 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationPrinceton, NJ

Posted 06 February 2018 - 04:58 AM

View PostCupraZero, on 06 February 2018 - 02:32 AM, said:

Why no discount on Arctic Wolf Pack?

Seriously. You even choose one for the eventpic.

Or at least, if there are "technical issues" to change the value, add some goodies. You can do that right?

edit:
And you miss the Kell Hounds related content. The Decal and the "Tempest" Archer.

Tempest is a storm, not a dog.

#86 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:12 AM

If they take away the 100 warhorns instead of letting the customers keep them instead because it was their error, it'd be a crappy customer service move.

It really doesn't cost them anything, because it's just code (does anyone really buy warhorns? I just wait for events and/or mechpacks). It would definitely cost them customer satisfaction.

Edited by Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-, 06 February 2018 - 05:19 AM.

#87 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,600 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:12 AM

Tempest ist supposed to be the infamous Archer of Morgan Kell, of the Kell Hounds Merc unit.

#88 Water Bear

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,137 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:28 AM

Can you add the Chinese lanterns cockpit item? I like those a lot. My girl friend is Chinese and the lanterns get her attention Posted Image

Edited by Water Bear, 06 February 2018 - 06:28 AM.

#89 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 06 February 2018 - 06:12 AM, said:

Tempest ist supposed to be the infamous Archer of Morgan Kell, of the Kell Hounds Merc unit.

In addition...
Jamie Wolf also piloted a Blue and Gold Archer.

So yes. Archers qualify due to the affiliation to both the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons.

#90 Zyrocenus

• PipPipPip
  • Kapten
  • Kapten
  • 65 posts
  • LocationOntario Canada

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 February 2018 - 04:57 PM, said:

Ok I will Add the Hell Bringer and The Trebuchet tomorrow to the sale (maybe add them to a new event.)
Night Star isn't for sale yet so no point in adding it to the sale.

Keep it up with the ideas guys Posted Image

NightSar Wolf Phoenix may not yet be for sale as u say but neither is the arctic wolf....yet. It has a 1000dmg point reward tho and at event start unavailable in the same way as the Wolf Phoenix so could be added to the 1000dmg part of the event no? I understand that only the Wolf Phoenix bears the dog reference but surely theres weaker references to canines already on the list?

Also nightstar has been all but ignored since launch so it wouldn't kill anyone to put it in for a CBill and token item reward. Would it? Posted Image

One last thing....trying not to be greedy here but how about a mechbay sale as well for all these on sale chassis? Each dog themed mech needs a DogHOUSE no? Posted Image

Thanks for any consideration given to my ideas Mr Newman

Zyro

Edited by Zyrocenus, 06 February 2018 - 06:59 AM.

#91 Marquis De Lafayette

• CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 06 February 2018 - 06:59 AM

They should just let those that have the 100 keep them. If they want to fix the coding for those that didn’t catch on early...I get that, fine. Their sales of each particular warhorn have got to be negligible and if folks actually are spending MC on them, they aren’t going to stop buying new ones if they have a 100 of one type. It’s not like it’s 100 hero mechs or something that would change the game. It’s just a fun thing

Now I would be ok with say getting 50% of the MC value of those warhorns in exchange...just sayin’ if PGI wants them back and wants to make customers ok with doing it. Even 25% would be ok by many I would think...lol

Edited by Marquis De Lafayette, 06 February 2018 - 07:00 AM.

#92 Genesis23

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 227 posts
  • LocationKanton Bern, Switzerland

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:08 AM

i guess we all will be so sick of hearing that wolfs howling over and over ^^

btw thankfully its the year of the dog. would not have been so easy to make an event with rat, rabbit, goat, pig and a few others.

Edited by Genesis23, 06 February 2018 - 07:10 AM.

#93 Agarwaen

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 30 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:15 AM

I, for one, would be one of those up at arms if they retroactively took my AWOOOhorns. I'd definitely stop spending my real money to buy mechpacks. The CS backlash would be much worse than having people not buy clan wolf warhorns ever again.

#94 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:24 AM

It's clearly a bug. I don't care if they fix it, but leaving it as-is is probably the better choice.

With the way the other rewards are listed as "hit 1000 damage, get 10,000 c-bills 100 times" I am assuming there's something weird about how rewards have to be input.

#95 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

I finished the kit-fox challange and only got 1 warhorn. looks like they fixed it.

#96 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:08 AM

The achievement value has been adjusted to 1 on the events page.

#97 CupraZero

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationNRW Neuss

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

View PostCato Zilks, on 06 February 2018 - 04:58 AM, said:

Tempest is a storm, not a dog.

You did read the rest of my post, right?
Just in case you just triggered to the last sentence, Tempest is the Personal Mech of Morgan Kell, Leader of the Kell Hounds Merc Company.
Kell HOUNDS. Dog enough i guess.

#98 vezuw

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:16 AM

How to make the Arctic Wolf event if you do not have it in the store!

#99 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:17 AM

View Posttee5, on 06 February 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

I finished the kit-fox challange and only got 1 warhorn. looks like they fixed it.

View Postprocess, on 06 February 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

The achievement value has been adjusted to 1 on the events page.

Sad, ain't it? :(

Everyone, I just saw the Event Page for this "Lunar New Year: Year Of The Dog" Event, as well. They changed it down to "1 Clan Wolf WarHorn" for the Reward. Beware PGI wiping out 99 WarHorns for anyone that earned them while believing in good faith that the "100" value was meant to be there. Frankly, shame on them for altering what was thought to be worth praise for once toward PGI. It's like someone is 'clawing' for extremes in their offices, without a care for how they treat their MWO Community. Everyone should have had a chance to earn a minimum of "10", if PGI isn't going to be true to their original word of "100" that they posted up. :angry:

~Mr. D. V. "If I were to 'cough up' a Rating now, PGI's cold change to the Event would hurt it hard." Devnull

#100 Darky101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:32 AM

I get to play in 3 hours...
I missed out on the reward...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users