• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts
  • LocationIn a GTR Simulator Cockpit

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

heavy gear was always doomed to fail, because heavy gear sucks

Heavy Gear Assault?

Because 1 and 2 were amazing for their time, still fun today.

#22 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

yes heavy gear assault

heavy gear 1 and 2 were good because they were made by activision which also made mechwarrior 2

#23 Bilbo999

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:07 PM

View PostKhobai, on 06 February 2018 - 07:52 PM, said:

didnt they make MWLL which was mostly successful till PGI had them shut down?

heavy gear was always doomed to fail, because heavy gear sucks

I'm trying to imagine what you consider successful. Nothing comes to mind other than it exists.
But, no, they did not make MWLL, the made meck packs for mw4.

Edited by Bilbo999, 06 February 2018 - 08:10 PM.

#24 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,949 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 06 February 2018 - 08:48 PM

Zombies. Megasaurs. Melee. Knockdown.
Infantry. High Res Textures. Urbanmech/Nuke Launcher.

Edited by Armored Yokai, 06 February 2018 - 08:49 PM.

#25 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted 06 February 2018 - 11:37 PM

Gundam Mods or any Mecha franchise out there.

Brand new weapon out from Btech lore.

Melee.

Giant monsters, Godzilla, Kaiju, Titan, etc.

Also this is more important....

Anime tiddies.

#26 N0ni

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

View PostKasumi Sumika, on 06 February 2018 - 11:37 PM, said:

Also this is more important....

Anime tiddies.

MW5 Mech decals/camo pattern. Done.

#27 HGAK47

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 971 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:23 AM

Read "Thomas the tank engine mod" and instantly thought of a dank engine with laser beams for eyes! Make it so!

Edited by HGAK47, 07 February 2018 - 01:24 AM.

#28 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:10 AM

a bit crazy ... so far we have not seen much of MW5 ... there is no modding company in MWO, so who should make these mods ????? MWO is not a Game with many interests for Modders...for good Modding you must have many Experience over Years in Concept Art , 3 D Modelling, Texturing ,Animations ,Programming ,experience with the Unreal Engine ...greater mods going only in Teams..thats not ..a Engine and this make Mods alone..Has each Folk here make a Mod ? or working with a Engine ?like simple Things like Mapmaking with the Cryengine SDK ???the most wishes let seeing thats the Folks hve nothing experience was for work is to make a simple Mod and whats for hard work is the learn the Features of a Engine.

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 07 February 2018 - 03:24 AM.

#29 N0ni

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:25 AM

View PostOld MW4 Ranger, on 07 February 2018 - 03:10 AM, said:

so who should make these mods ?????

A mod team comprised of like-minded individuals. Mod experience may vary... but honestly you can either ride solo, do it with a buddy or start a mod community... choice is yours.

for good Modding you must have many Experience over Years in Concept Art , 3 D Modelling, Texturing ,Animations ,Programming ,experience with the Unreal Engine

For professional work maybe, but you can still (if you have the spare time) learn how to do all of these things and what programs to do them in. Or alternatively get a few people together and split the work load between who can do what I.E. one person does the modeling, shares the asset with the Texturing guy, who then sends it over to the Animator, etc.

#30 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,550 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:30 AM

I'd like to see someone make some throwback missions from Mechwarrior 2.

#31 Sassy Sauron

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 9 posts
  • LocationSomewhere that doesn't like Mechwarrior very much

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:03 AM

Gundam.
Gurren Lagann and other Gunmen.
Anime tiddy mechs.
Daimadaler.
Jesus.
Roughneck.
Deff Dredd.
A walking Mechwarrior logo.
JUST MONIKA.

#32 GenJack

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 271 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:18 AM

View PostXetelian, on 06 February 2018 - 03:33 PM, said:

A color blind mod.

^ This.

#33 Der Geisterbaer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 795 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 07:42 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 06 February 2018 - 04:21 PM, said:

Robotech,Macross, Transformers Gen 1, Transformers Beast Wars, and i'd shell out for a really good moder to do the robot of all 80s robots: VOLTRON! And yes it must be Lion Force Voltron and not the other two.

I'd add Ramrod (Bismark) and anything "Outrider" from Saber Rider ... and maybe the Macron-1 stuff while we're at it.

#34 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 08:44 AM

a bit crazy ... so far we have not seen much of MW5 ... there is no modding company in MWO, so who should make these mods ????? MWO is not a Game with many interests for Modders...for good Modding you must have many Experience over Years in Concept Art , 3 D Modelling, Texturing ,Animations ,Programming ,experience with the Unreal Engine ...greater mods going only in Teams..thats not ..a Engine and this make Mods alone..Has each Folk here make a Mod ? or working with a Engine ?like simple Things like Mapmaking with the Cryengine SDK ???the most wishes let seeing thats the Folks hve nothing experience was for work is to make a simple Mod and whats for hard work is the learn the Features of a Engine.

There are already assets created for the unreal engine. You can literally find almost anything you could want as an asset for Unreal Engine. Unreal Engine isn't as complex as crytech it already has a massive modding community to borrow from. Plus Unreal Supports OBJ and FBX model types so not only can you import from Unreal you could technically with very little work pull assets from the Unity game engine which is has one of the largest communities of game asset creators.

The only thing you might need to do is rigging and some coding but there are plenty of tools online to make skeleton rigs so unless PGI does some insanity with the skeletal rigs for the game you can probably just use the same AI scripts for any new assets you import and just tweak the values.

MWO also isn't built for modding and Crytek uses its own file format for models which is why its a pain to make any mods.

#35 ROSS-128

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 396 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 09:04 AM

There's plenty of mods for Crytek games, some remarkably extensive.

The real reason MWO doesn't have any mods is that it is an online-only, PvP-only game that does not have player-run servers. By its very nature mods are not permitted and cannot be permitted, because in order to play at all you must be running the same version of the game as the servers: PGI's version. Though also part of the reason it's structured this way is because some things you can do with mods that would be fine in singleplayer, or co-op, or even just "as long as everyone gets them" would be cheating in this context (changing damage/heat/ammo/armor values for example, or painting hitboxes over the textures), and it's easier to structure the game to reject all mods than it is to restrict them to only "PvP compatible" mods.

For example, a community balance mod that overhauls all the stats to conform with the modder's vision of balance is great as long as everyone in the match is running the same mod, but one person trying to run his own personal vision of balance while everyone else on the server is using PGI's numbers is no bueno, so such a thing can only be allowed with private servers, which MWO does not have.

The reason mods are possible for MW5 is that it is a singleplayer game that can be run entirely on your local machine. Therefore you can change game files on your local machine and the game will still run, with those changes. PGI providing support by providing development tools, and structuring the game to permit modding by default (instead of, say, having some kind of online-only DRM that needs to be bypassed before your mods will work) only makes modding easier. Which is a good thing of course!

#36 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:43 AM

PGI said they would support modding at mechcon. It was one of their talking points. They wanted to speak with modding teams or people experienced in modding to smooth over the process. I'm sure PGI realized that if a mod is popular, it means more sales of MW5 in the long run. Look at Fallout. Huge modding community. There's a running joke that what Bethesda breaks in development, Modders fix post launch. So I'm sure they're hoping for the same with MW5. Though admittedly doubt the modding community will be as big as Fallout modding community.

I'm only trying to stir a little interest and perhaps hear some interesting ideas.

#37 R Valentine

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 1,743 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 10:47 AM

I must be the only one not excited about going back in time to the succession wars with Battletech and MW5. Glaring balance issues aside, I like the clan wars, and the Fedcom civil war, and even the Mechwarrior Dark Age. Regular lasers, regular ACs, single heat sinks, and standard engines appeal to me to the sum of zero.

#38 Athom83

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 2,529 posts
  • LocationTFS Aurora, 1000km up.

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:20 PM

Am I really the only one who wants to stomp around in a Reaver blasting at Gargants and Wraithknights?

#39 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 February 2018 - 01:19 PM

Hopefully high quality ones, that will change the terrible way the mechs move in the Vanilla, and a U.I that isn't dull, green, and looks like an interns first project.

#40 TheHurp

• PipPip
  • Master Sergeant
  • Master Sergeant
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 03:29 PM

i just want to hop out and wave to my mom during a mission.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users