Valentines Event And Sweet Deals

117 replies to this topic

#41 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 11 February 2018 - 02:27 AM

View PostGroutknoll, on 09 February 2018 - 04:16 PM, said:

too bad you can't add FP as a additional bonus challenge.

say the challenge is solo q, group q (counts towards solo q), and FP group (counts towards group q and solo q)

Actually, they could add a third part on the Daily Challenges. Something like "Get 15 Kill Assists in CW/FW/FP" with a Reward of "1 Million (C-Bills)" to be earned for each day. Whether PGI's Staff will? That is a totally different question. :(

View PostEazionHatesLRMs, on 09 February 2018 - 06:43 PM, said:

To all the Philanthropists out there (including myself), this is gonna be easy! LOL Posted Image

Yup. It makes me wish there was a Daily Stretch Goal. Something like "Get 50 Kill Assists across ANY (either QP and/or FP) Game Mode" with a Reward of "50 (MC)", in order to keep people attracted into playing and loading the queues. B)

Heck, this thought which I've put appropriate hiding tags around (due to some people likely being sensitive) is a complete and total joke on my part, but hopefully it will attract the attention of this Event's Handlers...
Spoiler
...because I don't normally use "Spoiler Tags"... :huh:

View PostCadoazreal, on 09 February 2018 - 08:14 PM, said:

Looks like a nice event for people who need cbills and ok event for decals / cockpit items, just wish there was a "complete all parts for 300MC" achievement.

Yeah, a Master Final Challenge like earning "300 (MC)" would be extremely welcomed. My own (MC) bin is rather drained right now, and I would severely appreciate racking up some more. ^_^

Alright, after posting that much, I think I'm looking at giving this Event a rather Early Review Rating Verdict, which people already know I don't do very easily. No, I'm avoiding taking into account any distastes toward's Tina Benoit's ArtWork, and to heck with anyone that thinks I should! Anyway, based on the current Challenge Set, I'm giving this a Review Rating of...

8.25/10

...because while I'm sure that PGI was considering for 'Those in a Relationship'/'Those Engaged'/'Married Couples', they set themselves up to let the Queues on MWO run dead empty in the meantime. That can only harm the condition of both the Game and the Community, as people find themselves turned away by a lack of different players to run across. The set of Challenges and Rewards needs a Small Boost, in order to cause enough attraction and continued playing, but without causing issues in either direction. I've posted my thoughts on how to fix this as part of the Reply Set to other users above, but it's now all a matter of PGI's Event Handling Staff being willing to listen up and make use of it. I can only hope they see I'm really enthusiastic about helping them with making their Event worthwhile. A potential total of "550 (MC)" available for earning through the Event without having to do insane things can't be too much to ask, right? :wub: :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "I'm just trying to help Events remain 'Challenging & Attractive'..." Devnull

#42 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:06 AM

View PostGhastly, on 10 February 2018 - 09:24 PM, said:

The first post mentions a group play part to this event, but I don't see it in the in-game Future Events thing. Posted Image

I think its only trackable on the events webpage. https://mwomercs.com/events/85

#43 Iron Lemur

• PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 07:14 AM

View PostApollo777, on 10 February 2018 - 08:33 AM, said:

Why the same decals (Girl in red dress/Girl in pink dress) for every challenges?! Don't get it.Posted Image

I don't think it's for every challenge. I _believe_ the decals are cumulative for the entire event: you only get them once, but you have all, what, 5 days to get them (and whatever the cockpit item happens to be).

#44 Hydraden

• Pip
  • The Venom
  • The Venom
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:38 AM

It would be awesome to see another mech pack sale.

#45 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 11 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

Hey PGI,

Thanks for all of the events lately, always nice to pick up a new cockpit tchotchke or some MC. However, I'm blessed with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to C-bills. I have well over a hundred million of them, which will keep me in consumables for quite some time, and that kind of dampens my enthusiasm for the upcoming Valentine's Day event. Still, don't stop with the events, especially when you feel like rewarding us with MC, camo patterns, or paint chips!

#46 Jonathan8883

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 708 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:01 PM

You may be full up on C-bills, but I'm always low.

#47 Wuffel

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 30 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 February 2018 - 01:30 PM

Nice event. Nice idea for the Group Queue thingie, too ...

But since people are whining about the pinup girl: I think diversity would be served by including a Pin Up Attack Helicopter. I identify as an Irish-Asian-PoC with German ancestors and am attracted to attack helicopters.

#48 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:31 PM

Need Red White and Pinks on sale as well.

#49 Spare Parts Bin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationSearching alternate universes via temporal wormhole generator.

Posted 11 February 2018 - 06:48 PM

Keep the events coming especially those who pay me 1,000,000 C-Bills. I am at 17,000,000 and need to reach 52,000,000.

#50 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 11 February 2018 - 11:56 PM

View PostSpare Parts Bin, on 11 February 2018 - 06:48 PM, said:

Keep the events coming especially those who pay me 1,000,000 C-Bills. I am at 17,000,000 and need to reach 52,000,000.

I'll agree with this, as I won't thumb my nose up at (C-Bills)... :D

On other notes & for everyone's reference, my slightly earlier post (up above @ Post #43) was in notice of the lack of attraction set up (missing Challenges containing (MC) Rewards) to keep people active enough during the Event to not let things go stale. Like, if PGI has couples that play MWO together, or even just those whose relationships are still building, then they've got to be able to have the (C-Bills) & (MC) to be able to keep rolling together, right? At least, I would think that would help things... ^_^

~Mr. D. V. "Trying to make the 'Valentines Day Event' just that much more awesome..." Devnull

#51 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:58 AM

No. You got sweet deals with MC for this one - if you want MC, go buy some. The packages have added value according to what kind of pack you select. Not every challenge needs free MC.

#52 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:46 AM

View PostMrKvola, on 12 February 2018 - 01:58 AM, said:

No. You got sweet deals with MC for this one - if you want MC, go buy some. The packages have added value according to what kind of pack you select. Not every challenge needs free MC.

I get how you feel, and this reply isn't meant to be any kind of attack, so please don't take it that way. Here's something to consider. Given that the economy isn't stable all around the world, not everyone has Real $$$ to spend on MWO's (MC)... Also, I was just spending time to point out the hole that may horribly mutilate this Event. People won't stay online enough if there isn't much to attract them into doing so, which will cause the queues to get slow and stale in short order. A count of "10 Kill Assists" will take a couple matches at most per day, four matches if the Group Queue is done after the basic. (This first part can really only take more if things go really sour.) Then "40 Lance In Formation" will likely finish very quickly, should teams get their act together and start operating properly. It was just a mere jump to see that there's an opportunity for PGI to draw in new players through the other half of couples. Further, it was also a mere extra jump to see that PGI has an opportunity to get couples that already play MWO together to stick around and battle a little while longer. However, that all fails if there isn't enough to draw people into wanting to be here. So, I'm not speaking anywhere near the thought of giant globs of (MC) like what might be seen from a Loot Bag Event. I'm merely pointing out reason to PGI to provide just a tiny pip as part of a Bonus Challenge (or set thereof) to encourage extended play, perhaps even with a Grand Completion Challenge Bonus possible to be reached. Sure, not every Challenge needs Free (MC), and the Event before this one has none. At the same time however, if things are too dry, it will cause PGI & MWO to look unappealing, and that would be bad for their "bottom line" as a business. :huh:

~D. V. "I'm merely making note of where PGI has missed an opportunity here." Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon my failing to break this post into multiple paragraphs. I'm typing this in the middle of the night in my time zone, and just couldn't see how to split it.)

#53 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 12 February 2018 - 02:54 AM

The only thing I'm missing in this event is some pink colors for 90% off. Or as an event reward. Posted Image

#54 Zh0u

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 393 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:17 AM

If we buy MC from this sale, will we qualify for the 2018 Loyalty Rewards for MC?

#55 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 05:56 AM

View PostZh0u, on 12 February 2018 - 05:17 AM, said:

If we buy MC from this sale, will we qualify for the 2018 Loyalty Rewards for MC?

Most probably yes. If we look at previous years, all transactions done after the cutoff applied to the next year's rewards.

#56 MrKvola

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 329 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:31 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 February 2018 - 02:46 AM, said:

I get how you feel, and this reply isn't meant to be any kind of attack, so please don't take it that way. Here's something to consider. Given that the economy isn't stable all around the world, not everyone has Real $$$ to spend on MWO's (MC)... Also, I was just spending time to point out the hole that may horribly mutilate this Event. People won't stay online enough if there isn't much to attract them into doing so, which will cause the queues to get slow and stale in short order. A count of "10 Kill Assists" will take a couple matches at most per day, four matches if the Group Queue is done after the basic. (This first part can really only take more if things go really sour.) Then "40 Lance In Formation" will likely finish very quickly, should teams get their act together and start operating properly. It was just a mere jump to see that there's an opportunity for PGI to draw in new players through the other half of couples. Further, it was also a mere extra jump to see that PGI has an opportunity to get couples that already play MWO together to stick around and battle a little while longer. However, that all fails if there isn't enough to draw people into wanting to be here. So, I'm not speaking anywhere near the thought of giant globs of (MC) like what might be seen from a Loot Bag Event. I'm merely pointing out reason to PGI to provide just a tiny pip as part of a Bonus Challenge (or set thereof) to encourage extended play, perhaps even with a Grand Completion Challenge Bonus possible to be reached. Sure, not every Challenge needs Free (MC), and the Event before this one has none. At the same time however, if things are too dry, it will cause PGI & MWO to look unappealing, and that would be bad for their "bottom line" as a business. Posted Image

~D. V. "I'm merely making note of where PGI has missed an opportunity here." Devnull

(p.s.: Pardon my failing to break this post into multiple paragraphs. I'm typing this in the middle of the night in my time zone, and just couldn't see how to split it.)

Not meaning to attack you or anything either. I just feel that not all the challenges really need a MC component. I believe over time such a reward would be taken for granted (or is it already?) and not be any kind of special, as it used to be.

What I would perhaps appreciate more would be the addition of HSP as a reward type - handing out a bunch of skillpoints say at 'mech release (either for 'mechpacks, or perhaps the MC/c-bill releases?) And no, GXP is not an equivalent - still need space bucks to purchase those SPs. And some people actully spend these to purchase/outfit their 'mechs.

Also, including a bunch of HSP (30 collector's? 60 ultimate?) with a 'mechpack purchase would make so much sense - and perhaps add some value for the ultimate pack variants?

Other than I feel that handing out rewards in currencies (c-bills, MC, SPs) is the best way to go - this way everybody can spend their earned rewards as they desire. Unless perhaps there is a specific point to the specific reward. Like, you know, Y.

#57 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 08:45 AM

View PostVan mw, on 10 February 2018 - 06:07 AM, said:

F key? C'mon people, why tips exist in the universe?
Posted Image

I'm an idiot. Thanks for pointing this out. I have decals to go fix

#58 Corned Beef Hash

• Pip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 13 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:11 AM

I'm looking to buy my first hero.

Of each tier of MC, which ones would you rank from best to worst?

Depending on the responses, I'll figure how much I'll spend.

Love this game though. Make another installment of MechCommander!!!

#59 Righter8

• PipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 56 posts

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:32 AM

View PostCyanEyd, on 11 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

Hey PGI,

Thanks for all of the events lately, always nice to pick up a new cockpit tchotchke or some MC. However, I'm blessed with an embarrassment of riches when it comes to C-bills. I have well over a hundred million of them, which will keep me in consumables for quite some time, and that kind of dampens my enthusiasm for the upcoming Valentine's Day event. Still, don't stop with the events, especially when you feel like rewarding us with MC, camo patterns, or paint chips!

Ditto. Except, I'm pushing 300 million.
All my mechs have full cockpit swag and I'm sitting on loads of stuff I will never need/use.
I would love to see a way to turn unwanted cockpit items into wanted ones.
Say a trade-in - 3 for 1 or some such.Posted Image
Maybe a player to player swap mechanic (trades only, no MC/C-Bills/Cash)Posted Image
While I won't actively partake in this event I suspect i will still earn many of the reward through regular play.

Thanks.

Edited by Righter8, 12 February 2018 - 09:32 AM.

#60 Exilyth

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,100 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:51 AM

Aside from going to some time zone conversion site and converting the times given to [localtime], is there any way to see which phase of the MC sale is currently active?

Having the currently active phase marked would help a lot.

Edited by Exilyth, 12 February 2018 - 10:48 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users