40 replies to this topic

#21 WrathOfDeadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 09:03 AM

View PostCataphractos, on 21 February 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

What about the (unlikely) event of putting ammo in your arms? Would CASE be useful then?

CASE only works if you place it in the same location as the ammo. Since IS CASE can only be mounted in a torso section, it is useless for ammo (or Gauss rifles) carried in the arms.

Ammo carried in the arms on a Raven, however, might actually be okay, because nobody really targets its arms (they're tiny; the torso and legs are easier to hit). That isn't true of every light; on humanoid 'Mechs, the arms generally fall off before torso sections get critted out, so the torso is better for those. Ammo placement isn't so much about being totally safe (even a single ton of ammo exploding from an arm or a leg can be lethal in a light 'Mech) as it is minimizing risk. The best place, since it's the hardest to hit, is the head. The worst places, because everybody will always be shooting for them, are the legs.

#22 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 21 February 2018 - 12:11 PM

View PostCataphractos, on 21 February 2018 - 07:32 AM, said:

What about the (unlikely) event of putting ammo in your arms? Would CASE be useful then?

Here is what happens.

Your ammo explodes, dealing (typically) massive damage to your internals (bypassing your armor). It's in your arm, but still deals enough damage to destroy your arm, side torso and your CT, killing you completely.

What CASE does is, that same above explosion would still destroy your arm and even your side torso, but will travel no farther. Your CT would be safe.

You have an XL engine, you'd still drop from your side torso destruction with an IS XL engine. CASE protects your CT only from ammo explosions (and Gauss Rifle explosions). EDIT: (Provided that the ammo exploding is not in your CT or head. Those places would still kill you if the ammo explodes.)

Edited by Tesunie, 21 February 2018 - 12:16 PM.

#23 McKevern

Rookie

• The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 01:58 PM

I have a 3l and a 3l(c).

Max engine and I swap out the energy weapons to see what I like. I use it mainly has a flanker/harasser and sometime spotter. Spotter definitely when I mount a TAG. I swap out between two er large, a er ppc, or two light ppc. I have been successful but like I said I change it up when I can to see what I can do. I might not get the pinpoint striking power with my ppc’s as I would with er ll’s but I get better snapshot to cover ability with them.
I have hav and air strikes with art strikes too that are useful to drop when I have a flank and they don’t see me yet.

#24 AttendingMonk1

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 9 posts
  • LocationUSA, Planet Earth

Posted 24 February 2018 - 03:41 PM

I have a 4X. I saw that the MRM40 build was mentioned, but if you drop to a MRM 30, you can have two medium lasers for pinpoint(ish) damage when you need it. There's not much worse in this game than seeing someone with a red component and being unable to take it because you chose MRMs.

#25 Blind Baku

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:53 PM

View PostReposter, on 11 February 2018 - 10:23 AM, said:

Hi guys, I have been looking at the Raven mechs for a while, and am not quite sure how to equip them. Anyone swear by the Ravens and have a good time using them?

RVN-4x with 2ERLL/4JJ's/ISTC2/XL270(?) (max armor except head 5, LA 0, and legs 32 each) has better range than 3L's and JJ's to get better mobility. The Hug is a nice buy too, fun to late game mop up in (x2SRM6 +2t ammo, x4MGs+2tammo, x2JJs, xl280). I run the 3L with 3MLs, 2MRM10s + 1 and 1/2 ammo, ECM, XL280 (Full armor except legs 34 each, and head 3). All fun, great mounts and well worth the buy.

Edited by Blind Baku, 03 March 2018 - 07:08 PM.

#26 Kelly Devereaux

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2018 - 06:10 PM

A bit late reply, but here is my opinion

Hugin is great, and if you boat MRMs, you can get insane dps out of it. As long as you stick to your second line, and punish assaults and heavies that expose, you'll set your team up for wins on armor-stripped enemies... and if you catch an open component, you'll crit them out in a heartbeat.

It also can lob MRM 30, or MRM 40 at about 750 meters away.... for full damage, though the spread will be pretty terrible. Makes a great suppression tool, and with practice, you can punish enemy second line snipers with a hail of missiles. You're also great for hammering past multiple AMS and chewing their ammo up. Recent patch BUFFED MRM ammo count to 340 at ton... you can be pushing 374ish with skills... meaning you only need 3 tons with a pure MRM build to be set for huge games. I've easily averaged between 4 and 800 damage even in subpar matchmaking... and I've ALWAYS out scored most assaults and heavies on damage in losses by a long shot.

The other ravens are, in my mind, decent, but are out performed as brawlers, AND pouncers by your pick of the Arctic wolf, or even the Linebacker (who is just nastier than you at a similar speed).

I admit I tend to trade speed on my raven for firepower... namely because most people do not expect Ravens to be serious threats. My number one mech of all time, by about 2000 games, is the Raven 3L.

ECM skilled out, plus sensor perks, equals a scout mech that is simply unequaled in the game, and you also are only out sneaked by the ECM Flea and ECM Locust, imho.

But as to the raven 3L's true master-tier greatness? It's when you take the ECM coverage, communication with your team mates, and abuse positioning advantage to make yourself nearly undetectable until late game, and you can remain a low priority target for your enemies... You don't need Narc to spot for your allied LRM boats, and while quite devastating situationally when suppored by a proper LRM battery, you really can do about as good a job of spotting visually and abusing target decay.

My go to 3L build is pretty dumb. People tell me so, and yet, I average 3-500 damage games, and often bring in huge point scores due to the amount of spotting, flanking, and ECM shielding and assists I get with it. Don't laugh when you see it... but give me the benefit of the doubt for a minute.

2x LRM 5, With, or without artemis. (Artemis previously was a waste, but with the ammunition upgrade last patch, Artemis is certainly viable), and I bring round about 1100 to 1200 missiles. ECM. And maybe a beagle, too, so you can spot enemies at about 2000m distance. (Giving your team early intel makes intel way more valuable.).

The 3L, fully upgraded, can lob itls LRMS out to about 1215m targets... enemies typically assume they are safe from LRM fire at about 1000 meters... you'll be astounded how often they won't try to duck behind cover, or simply will not have had -time- to get to cover before you can get 30-100 points of damage on them.

This build is -amazing-. I've found myself routinely matching catapults, Archers, and even Supernovas damage in around, because I get the LRM damage started way earlier than them, and can sustain it indefinitely. I also have one big, huge advantage with this lovely butcherbird...

Stealthy positioning, and enough speed to re position in relative safety. I don't have to hide behind my allies... and wait until they spot for me. I self spot, and rain my 10 damage a shot down on enemies. I prioritize big, slower targets, over little targets that lack AMS coverage, and without fail I can kick them from 100% down to around 80-85% with ease... mostly in side torsos and CTs, to boot. If I manage to do that to two or three enemy mechs BEFORE the main brawl engages... well, our team already has a huge advantage. I also pay attention to vulnerable targets, like enemy flankers who lack ECM coverage... they are often forced to break off their attacks when 10 missiles come raining in on them every 2 ish seconds, as most flanker mechs are very vulnerable to sustained LRM impacts... and you'll be amazed how often your shots, if you are positioning right, will score home on thin back armor, and crit components... it's mostly a pschological effect.

finally, I spread the love. I never stop shooting, and never waste shots at targets I am not hitting steadily. I watch my minimap, and pay attention to the priority targets... I add my LRM 10 fire to support any ally who needs it- and due to my 1150 meters of actual firing range, I can easily support any ally on the entire battlefield, most of the time. Secondly, I pay attention to what enemies are damaged, and falling back to second line... I focus them immediately, because, it breaks their morale to push forwards and support allies, if they are hiding from my missiles. If they're already orange or red on armor, I -will- score internals in a savlo or two... and I've often secured kills, or crippled enemies that would have otherwise lived to fight as fire support for the enemy later.

I know I've thrown a wall of text here... because the 3L is a subtle mech. The reason I swear by the 3L, is because it's brilliance comes from it's unique blend of so many above average traits... nothing about the mech is spectacular, except it's sensor range ability, but nothing about the Raven is -bad-.

Oh, one last piece of advice. NEVER run an XL engine. Run a Light engine, and keep your speed as close to 101-104 as you can. Max your sensors and firepower tree, and don't waste time with mobility... the Raven will never win any speed tournaments, and mechs that are much faster than its upper limit are also smaller and more nimble than it. Play to the Raven's strengths... put your beak towards the enemy, use cover, hillcrests, ridges, and buildings to spot enemies without being shot, hold your locks, call targets, and never stop shooting. If you get pressured, withdraw behind allies, and swap sides of your team's line. If the enemy yields a side of the map, range forward aggressively, and put LRM fire in perpindicular to their line. You'll put them under much more morale pressure than you'd expect, and can often frustrate enemies into splitting their attention to try to fire back at you, or hunt you down. So long as you're cunning and attentive, you'll be able to dissapear before they reach you... and punish them for their folly a good bit too, when they realize their blunder and attempt to reform. You can extend the value of your flanks- and can go up slope, spot, and slide down slope, staying 100% in cover about 50% of the time, and only needing a tiny fraction of exposure between firings in many cases.

I can rant for hours, as you can see, about this build... frankly, two raven 3Ls, or a 3l married with a hugin, could easily replace three heavy or assault LRM boats in a round, making up through positioning and cunning what those LRM boats would have in raw volume of fire.

And the best part of this mech is...

You're essentially guaranteed to pull your own weight. Ravens aren't very sturdy mechs, and dying due to an enemy push or bad luck, happens sometimes... but so long as you follow my formula, you'll still be matching your average team mate for points and damage done by the mid game when you get killed. And unlike the LRM boat who gets pounced to death by enemy lights, you have both the sensor ability, ECM capcity, and speed to avoid that fate most of the time... and even if it -does- happen to you, your team is only out 35 tons, not 80 or 90, and that tonnage is able to be spent on nasty meta builds or whatever else.

Working as part of a 2 or 3 man LRM team, this build is absolutely murderous. As you can do more than spot... you can contribute respectable LRM DPS. I ran this about two hours ago from this post's writing, with a single Archer, and Catapult. THey each ran LRM 15, and I ran LRM 10. The results were crushing victories for our team... even on River City, where LRMs are often a handicap, not a virtue. Why? Because I was able to spot early, hold spots, AND rotate along the avenues to get shots in rapidly, neutralizing the terrain difficulties. I did about 348 damage (Not stellar), but i got 11 assists, 2 kills, 4 component destroys, and an more than a third of a million C bills, WITHOUT premium or event gains.

#27 Miaku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 05:20 PM

Just thought I'd necro this old post, being most likely one of the oldest/longest running raven players on MWO.

I have logged somewhere around 1000 hours on my raven 4x.

Why do I play it? In a search for the ultimate sniping platform on MWO I've experimented with many, many different chassis.

While many have a lot going for them, IMO, nothing compares to the 4x.

First of all, the arm mounted lasers on the 4x are very high up, and asymmetrical. This allows for you to use one side of your body as a shield--very important as a sniper, as there will be many situations where you literally cannot expect to escape unless you, "give something to the knife."

That something being the non-weapon mounted side of your body.

The 4x also has a range quirk, also allows for 4 JJ. Jumping > ecm, in my opinion. Additionally, the 3L does not have the range quirk.

You'll see me on the battlefield always running the same build:

4JJ, 127-132 KPH, 2ERLL- 845M range

I'll use my JJ to get into strange positions and just keep the lasers going the entire match.

Rare for me to do less than 300 dmg a game unless they send backstabbers to solely focus on me (happens all the time, people hate snipers).

Happy hunting.

Oh--and also added bonus for being an IS mech for the Kurita role-play factor.

#28 Sneaky Ohgoorchik

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 147 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 11:33 AM

I don't want to break this merry topic, but there are people, who may read it and think that Ravens are good mechs. Which is wrong. Very wrong. Such opinion will bring only suffering.

So, if you are using the Raven for sniping...

Just the first thing I thought was:
Y U NO using CICADA?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▀█▄░░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄░░░░▄▀▀░░░█▄░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀█▄░▄█▀▀▀█▄░▀▄
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░██░▀░██░██░▀░██░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▀█████▀░▀█████▀░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░█░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀▀▀█░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░▄▀▄▄▄▀░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀▀▄░░░░░█
░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█▄█▄█░░░░░█
░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█████▀░░░░▄▀
░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░
░░░░▄█▀▄░░▀▄▄░░▄▄░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▀▀░░░
░░▄█▀░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄▄░
▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▄█▀▄░▄▄▄░░░░▀██▀
▀░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▀▀░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀██▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Like really, Its like Raven, but better in every way. its a robust shield-armed box instead of fragile beak-torso. It has tough torso mounts instead of feeble arm mounts. There are eough space and mounts for 3 LL instead of 2. It snipes better. It survives better. It brawls better.

But you know, Raven is also worse at sniping than pretty much any other mech you may use for sniping. You can do ERLLx2 plus jumpjets on anything. And everything will be better.

Raven also is terrible at any other role you may try. Everybody and their fleas one-shot Raven, there are plenty of smaller, tougher, faster, better armed and armored, and quirked mechs. And for the most part most mechs are superior to a Raven in a few ways. Raven is a terrible mech, everything is wrong about playing it.

Miaku, for 1000 of hours you lived in the literal hell. Stop enjoying it!

#29 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 25 October 2019 - 12:17 PM

View PostSneaky Ohgoorchik, on 25 October 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

I don't want to break this merry topic, but there are people, who may read it and think that Ravens are good mechs. Which is wrong. Very wrong. Such opinion will bring only suffering.

Y U NO using CICADA?

Like really, Its like Raven, but better in every way. its a robust shield-armed box instead of fragile beak-torso. It has tough torso mounts instead of feeble arm mounts. There are eough space and mounts for 3 LL instead of 2. It snipes better. It survives better. It brawls better.

But you know, Raven is also worse at sniping than pretty much any other mech you may use for sniping. You can do ERLLx2 plus jumpjets on anything. And everything will be better.

Raven also is terrible at any other role you may try. Everybody and their fleas one-shot Raven, there are plenty of smaller, tougher, faster, better armed and armored, and quirked mechs. And for the most part most mechs are superior to a Raven in a few ways. Raven is a terrible mech, everything is wrong about playing it.

There are actually several benefits the Raven benefits over the Cicada, though I do not fault people for using either one.
The Raven:
- Has higher weapon mounts. This makes it better suited for poking over a hill top or other form of vertical cover, shooting with as little exposure as possible, and then slink back into cover.
- Is smaller in size. This means it's harder to hit, especially at range. The Cicada has a LARGE torso in comparison.
- Has better formed hitboxes that help spread damage more naturally. The Cicada not only has a large torso, they also have easy to target torso sections. This means it's easier to target and deal damage to a specific side torso on a Cicada (usually killing it) than it on a Raven, which is more likely to spread that side torso damage to it's CT as well, if not even all torso sections.
- Is also lighter, by 5 tons. This means that, if you are playing in a group or creating a FP drop deck, it's easier to "squeeze" in. Sometimes, you just don't have those 5 tons.
- Weapon arms are small in size, and often not hit, but it's shield arm (if applicable) does reasonably well absorbing damage. The Cicada does have slightly better (if not equal) shield arms. However, due to it's large torso with easy to distinguish sections... this may not be enough of a boon in many cases.
- Can also fit a triple LL build (seen enough of them), depending upon the variant selected.
- The arm mounted slots permit the Raven to shoot lower and higher, compared to the Cicada's torso mounts.

I find my Raven 2X is a charm to use (with it's twin LLs and twin ERMLs). For the role I use it in, a Wolfhound, Panther, and Urbanmech just aren't able to replicate as well. However, they have different roles compared to my X2 that they perform better in. The Wolfhound is typically better at stand up brawling/running. The Panther is a better jumping platform (compared to the non-jumping 2X and the jumping 4X Ravens), though limited by it's hardpoints in many aspects. The Urbanmech is slower, but does have better durability from incoming frontal damage and has high arm weapon mounts but tend to be slower and doesn't have the same weapon hardpoints in most cases.

As for Fleas, Locusts and even Spiders... each of them either doesn't have the tonnage to do things Raven's can, or the hardpoints. Though my ECM Spider with a LL and twin ERMLs isn't a bad runner up to my Raven 2X. But once again, they serve different roles, typically being faster and lighter armed. Ravens are more sniper or mid range support units, while these mechs are faster and lighter armed harassers good for getting and turning enemy mechs around.

In relation to the Cicada (which is another mech I do like), the Raven is just a lighter option that has some minor perks for it's tonnage over the Cicada. However, the Cicada also has it's strengths, in that it has a little more structural health and different hard point layouts. It also is a between what the Raven is (mid range support to sniper) and what lighter mechs are (harasser, speedy mech).

For the record, I'm not claiming the Raven is better, nor worse, than the Cicada. Each can be valuable assets in the right hands. However, on note on the Cicada, I might mention that Ravens are more often seen in matches than the Cicada (from my understanding and observation) for a reason. (Besides, Ravens just look so cool. Though the Cicada has it's charm as well.)

#30 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 04 November 2019 - 01:42 PM

Long time Raven pilot and a big fan of the 2X. Why the 2X, I don't know, maybe it looks cool or maybe I just don't care and run what I run. Either way I have 6 of them...

As for builds:

The standard 2X,
With rockets...
Ah Snub it!

or maybe a Dakka-Bird (4X) is more your thing...

#31 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 05 November 2019 - 12:26 AM

View PostYumoshiri, on 16 February 2018 - 01:45 PM, said:

Huggin: SRM 4 x 2

^^ This is what I used to achieve a 9 kill game in. Back when there where a lot more genuine Tier 1 players. Also it had the quirk that made the SRM's fire like a Rotary Machine Gun.

However this is now and a smart poster said that they need a bit of smarts and timing to drive. This is very true.

In any case, I would start of with the ERLL build with ECM as your experience grows.

I call my version, "That's so..." Raven. ahem (makes a change from Nevermore.)

#32 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 08:43 PM

I just bought a Huggin as my first raven. It is supwr fun and very flexible. Current load is rac2 with 2 tons. 3xmg with one ton. 2xssrm2 with 1.5 tons. i forget the engine but its not very fast but it does great.

#33 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 10:54 PM

In testing grounds I went with SRMs and an extra on of ammo, but after a couple live matches, I decided to go with streaks to deal with the often encountered lights.

Posted Image

I haven't played it too much yet, but if I face tank and die early I get ~350dmg, if I use my head I can easily rack up over 600dmg. IIRC I got ~650dmg in one match and still had some ammo left over.

It puts out damage like a heavy, but it still fragile as heck, so you have to be super careful to not trade fire. But this is unfortunately a facetime build, so not very good for one on one vs heavy mechs, but it sure brings the pain, especially if you can catch someone who is either distracted fighting your buddy, or has a weak component or two.

I couldn' see away to do a 2x RAC2 with mroe than a couple tons of ammo. I don't like the RAC5 due to early jamming and overheating.

The streaks really help on the fast movers, but I know some here prefer SRMs.

#34 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:12 AM

raven for NARC.
commando is good, raven is better IMO.

#35 Johny Rocket

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:52 AM

Range is your friend in this mech and long range sniping is so situational in this game it's not worth it.

I run the 4X like this and do not suggest it for beginners because it is a hot build and requires a high degree of situational awareness. If you try it invest heavily in the operations tree and grab as many heat gen nodes as you can from the firepower tree.

AS0928N0|DdpI0qI0|PGrF0|S@|AP|APsE0|F@|F@tN0uN0v80w:07070

A lot of people knock this build because they don't understand the point of it, you are hunting back torsos and should never be committing to face time with an enemy. People suggest an AC10 or LB10 as a better choice but for the damage done the RAC5 is the best because of weight, it's 10 tons where an AC10 is 12, an UAC10 is 13 and a LB10 is 11. You have to start making trades like ammo or other weapons to make it work. You trade below an XL 250 and you have to add heatsinks negating any gain.
Then there is the dps, the AC10 has a cooldown of 2.75 sec in that amount of time the RAC5 will do 29.9 damage. The medium lasers boost this to 39.9. Then you have to consider how long you have for the enemy to react and turn to face you. This build has a lot higher chance for a kill than an AC10 and no lasers build.

On top of the backstabbing role if you are on the line with bigger mechs you have a good chance of working yourself where you are not in the direct line of enemy fire but you can just stand there and lay into your teammates target getting a lot of damage in.

For the 3L I've tried to run all kinds of different builds and all of them have a downside. If you go sniper or narc + lrm you are going to get murdered by other lights. It isn't tanky enough for boom and zoom runs thru the enemy ranks.
The best I've come up with is a close range sneak and stab from cover build where you slink around avoiding enemy scouts until you are behind the enemy assaults and heavies and peak over cover to back stab with srm6s and er mediums.

AQ0920W0|MdpL0|7@qL0|^<2rH0|7@|\OsH0|F@|F@tP0uP0v<0|\Ow504040

This is also not a noob friendly play style.

I've had all the other variants including the hero and found that they really can't do anything special that these 2 can't, it's just not tanky or fast enough for machinegun work and hardpoint creep kills this even further because 4 machineguns is just meh compared to other mechs running 8-12 machineguns with lasers and flamers.

Running other brawly/knife fighter lights like the Grinner, the PB, the Commando, the Flea and the Javelin I have ran down a lot of Ravens and just murdered them. Sadly like a lot of the original mechs in the game power creep has left them far behind and they have niche roles at best.

Edited by Johny Rocket, 06 November 2019 - 11:58 AM.

#36 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostJohny Rocket, on 06 November 2019 - 11:52 AM, said:

For the 3L I've tried to run all kinds of different builds and all of them have a downside. If you go sniper or narc + lrm you are going to get murdered by other lights. It isn't tanky enough for boom and zoom runs thru the enemy ranks.
The best I've come up with is a close range sneak and stab from cover build where you slink around avoiding enemy scouts until you are behind the enemy assaults and heavies and peak over cover to back stab with srm6s and er mediums.

I like my 3L. It has a LL, two ERMLs and an MRM10. Of course it also has ECM, and I upgraded to Stealth Armor as well. Can be a real cloak and dagger mech, with a movement speed of 115. It's better at flanking than getting behind enemy mechs. Makes for a solid mid range performer, though I prefer the 2X for generalized front line fighting.

Edit: Correcting a partial sentence.

Edited by Tesunie, 06 November 2019 - 12:10 PM.

#37 Rain Dark Sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 179 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:09 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Love that Huggin

#38 Miaku

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 02:04 AM

View PostSneaky Ohgoorchik, on 25 October 2019 - 11:33 AM, said:

Y U NO using CICADA?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀█▄▄░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄█▀░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░▄▀█▄░░░
░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▄░░░░▄▀▀░░░█▄░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀█▄░▄█▀▀▀█▄░▀▄
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░██░▀░██░██░▀░██░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▀█████▀░▀█████▀░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄░░░░█░░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██▀▀▀▀█░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█░▄▀▄▄▄▀░░░░█
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀▀▀▀▄░░░░░█
░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█▄█▄█▄█░░░░░█
░░░░░░█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀█████▀░░░░▄▀
░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▀░
░░░░▄█▀▄░░▀▄▄░░▄▄░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▀▀░░░
░░▄█▀░░░▀▄░░░▀▀▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀░░░░▄▄░
▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▄█▀▄░▄▄▄░░░░▀██▀
▀░░░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▀▀░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀░▀██▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Good to see another dragon on the field. Yes, F*** this merriment. I've slain countless clanner scum and IS traitors but its never enough... never enough blood for the dragon.

I can still hear my squadmates burning in their cockpits, alive, screaming through the comms for me to save them... begging. Their voices haunt my dreams.

Here's a toast to the fallen, brother. Trust me--log 2000 hours on the raven and the thought of any other mech will disgust you.

Edited by Miaku, 30 November 2019 - 12:42 PM.

#39 Yumoshiri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 08:57 AM

Raven is the NARC-lord. I run mine XL280, NARC + 1 ton ammo, LL, 2x ERML

In all other builds, the Raven should stay close with the team, as they will likely loose a fight in a light dog-fight. The legs are big, the knees weak.

#40 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:52 AM

View PostS 0 L E N Y A, on 11 February 2018 - 03:05 PM, said:

I have a stealth narcing raven purely for the lelz.

Otherwise, just not a strong chasis

It can win matches, if you have a few lrm boats in your team. On the right map a storm will follow you and melt your enemys.
It can help winning matches, if your teammates use the information your narc brings.
It can be useless because you have only 3 mls and dont do much damage if you have no lrms in your team and/or most of your teammates are too dumb to use the minimap.

It can be frustating or fun but sometimes there is this one match ,,,

Edited by Kroete, 29 December 2019 - 03:52 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users