Black Lanner BL

Posted Image

Black Lanner C

Posted Image

Black Lanner D

Posted Image

Black Lanner E

Posted Image

Edited by Will9761, 19 February 2018 - 09:10 AM.

#62 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:10 AM

Good grief.. Most of the weapon quirks are fine. But looking at armor and structure quirks.. Its all over the place.
Perfect example is the C configs left arm which contain the majority of the firepower. Got NO left arm armor quirks at all. But the right arm? Yeah of course.... *facepalm*

#63 Pelmeshek

• 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:16 AM

DOA

#64 Bandilly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 635 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 09:54 AM

View PostTordin, on 19 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Good grief.. Most of the weapon quirks are fine. But looking at armor and structure quirks.. Its all over the place.
Perfect example is the C configs left arm which contain the majority of the firepower. Got NO left arm armor quirks at all. But the right arm? Yeah of course.... *facepalm*

That's perfectly normal for armor quirks, usually good/many hardpoint omnipods have fewer quirks than useless/few hardpoint omnipods. What bugs me about having the listed quirks now is that with So8 we don't entirely know which weapon quirks are set bonuses and which ones are built into the pod. Can't really theory craft yet unless running stock.

#65 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:00 AM

View PostBandilly, on 19 February 2018 - 09:54 AM, said:

That's perfectly normal for armor quirks, usually good/many hardpoint omnipods have fewer quirks than useless/few hardpoint omnipods. What bugs me about having the listed quirks now is that with So8 we don't entirely know which weapon quirks are set bonuses and which ones are built into the pod. Can't really theory craft yet unless running stock.

I would assume all weapon quirk are set of 8 at this point, and the durability is tied to omni-pods. That's worst case baseline. If they are tied to omni-pods that makes things a little nicer but that is increasingly rare nowadays.

#66 Alvar Von Kenesthor

• PipPipPip
  • The Lanner
  • The Lanner
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 19 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

View PostTordin, on 19 February 2018 - 09:10 AM, said:

Well duh, quirks are made to POWER UP pods that would be bad otherwise. Else there would be no reason to pick the 3L arm over the 6L one. You're trading survivability for firepower.

#67 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:17 AM

I decided to boot up the game to compare the Blanner's agility values to existing mechs. For reference, here is the Blanner Prime:

Acceleration: 36.15
Deceleration: 37.72
Turn Rate: 65.65 (includes +5% quirk)
Torso Turn Rate: 112.5

Now, here is the average Linebacker:

Acceleration: 45.39
Deceleration: 36.53
Turn Rate: 72.76
Torso Turn Rate: 130.5

May I ask what the **** is going on here? The argument that the Linebacker needs to be more agile than the normal heavy is invalid here because the Black Lanner is also supposed to be abnormally agile for a medium (gigantic locked XL385, MASC). It has less health (lower base values AND lower quirks), lower pod space, and apparently now also lower agility in every aspect except Deceleration (and it's only a tiny bit better than the LBK in that area).

The one area that the BKL should have blown away the competition was agility, but apparently that's just asking too much.

#68 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:30 AM

View PostFupDup, on 19 February 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

May I ask what the **** is going on here? The argument that the Linebacker needs to be more agile than the normal heavy is invalid here because the Black Lanner is also supposed to be abnormally agile for a medium (gigantic locked XL385, MASC). It has less health (lower base values AND lower quirks), lower pod space, and apparently now also lower agility in every aspect except Deceleration (and it's only a tiny bit better than the LBK in that area).

The one area that the BKL should have blown away the competition was agility, but apparently that's just asking too much.

Inb4 Linebacker nerfs... The case may be made that you have to use MASC on BKL, but we know how that worked out for Spirit Bear (eventually). Yes, I am afraid BKL is not exactly as advertised, and I find myself in major doubt concerning Blood Asp preorder... Maybe be content with Solaris mech pack, since most mechs in it are established Spheroid designs and they would not dare to mess with them.

#69 Rat of the Legion Vega

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 384 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:10 PM

To be fair, the Linebacker is 8 months overdue for nerfs. That thing is way too good at just about everything.

#70 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 12:45 PM

Welp, it needed quirks. Guess that means it died too easily.
:P

#71 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:37 PM

View PostAlvar Von Kenesthor, on 19 February 2018 - 10:03 AM, said:

Well duh, quirks are made to POWER UP pods that would be bad otherwise. Else there would be no reason to pick the 3L arm over the 6L one. You're trading survivability for firepower.

Of course... jeez, I feel dumb. Its my usual train of thought even, with what you said.. Yeah, making such a balance might be the right thing to do. Making both left and right sides equal in armor and structure would be odd I guess, if they have uneven hardpoints.
Lets see what set of 8 they do..

#72 Lizardman from Hollywood

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 135 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 01:54 PM

Wait why does the 55t black Lanners get masc 2 and the 55t wolverine get masc 3?

#73 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,250 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:05 PM

View PostSephrus Shanadar, on 19 February 2018 - 01:54 PM, said:

Wait why does the 55t black Lanners get masc 2 and the 55t wolverine get masc 3?

Clan/IS difference. I think the IS has 5 different MASCs and Clans only have 4 so the tonnage breakpoints lineup differently.

#74 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:48 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 February 2018 - 11:17 AM, said:

I decided to boot up the game to compare the Blanner's agility values to existing mechs. For reference, here is the Blanner Prime:

Acceleration: 36.15
Deceleration: 37.72
Turn Rate: 65.65 (includes +5% quirk)
Torso Turn Rate: 112.5

Now, here is the average Linebacker:

Acceleration: 45.39
Deceleration: 36.53
Turn Rate: 72.76
Torso Turn Rate: 130.5

I think it's because of the MASC on the lanner. With masc active the values of a lanner are

Accel - 104.834
Decel - 105.616
Turn rate - 87.402 - 93.645 depending upon the variant's native quirk
I'm a little bummed about the torso turn rate though as that is a bit sluggish with the rest of the mechs stats, but it does match the shadowcat. I think it should be closer to kit fox range ~130-135 to deal with the mechs speed, but I think I'll live.

#75 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 19 February 2018 - 02:50 PM

View PostMike Barnes, on 19 February 2018 - 02:48 PM, said:

I think it's because of the MASC on the lanner. With masc active the values of a lanner are

Accel - 104.834
Decel - 105.616
Turn rate - 87.402 - 93.645 depending upon the variant's native quirk
I'm a little bummed about the torso turn rate though as that is a bit sluggish with the rest of the mechs stats, but it does match the shadowcat. I think it should be closer to kit fox range ~130-135 to deal with the mechs speed, but I think I'll live.

A mech's passive base agility should not be preemptively nerfed because of having hardwired equipment.

#76 Mike Barnes

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 February 2018 - 07:56 PM

View PostFupDup, on 19 February 2018 - 02:50 PM, said:

A mech's passive base agility should not be preemptively nerfed because of having hardwired equipment.

In that case it has a much better movement profile than the Stormcrow, or Shadowhawk, so I wouldn't say that it is preemptively nerfed. You just cherry picked the Linebacker to ***** about the Black Lanner's perceived flaws. I was saying that the MASC system brings it well above the linebacker when activated, and there was the implication there that having something like the linebacker's movement profile pre MASC would be quite insane once MASC was activated:

Acceleration - 131.631
Deceleration - 102.284
Turn - 98.226

these are numbers far more comparable to an Osiris or Spider, and far outstrip a Mist Lynx, Arctic Cheetah or any 35 ton 'mech. Since MASC is hardwired in, it has to be taken into consideration.

Edited by Mike Barnes, 19 February 2018 - 07:57 PM.

#77 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 19 February 2018 - 11:15 PM

This time it is missing in the countdown post, but for those that haven't gotten the message during the last half a dozen mech releases:
1. There will be no leaderboard event for the Black Lanner.
2. There will be events for all variants. For the basic event you will need the Prime without (S), so don't sell it until you completed that.

#78 Betrax

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2018 - 05:50 AM

No CT an legs Armor? GG xD
The fail.....
!--------------------------------------------| |------\__
!_------------------------------------------|__ | \
!_____@@@_____/----------@@----------@---/
Is here

#79 Jep Jorgensson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 554 posts
  • LocationWest Chicago, IL

Posted 20 February 2018 - 12:48 PM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 19 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

To be fair, the Linebacker is 8 months overdue for nerfs. That thing is way too good at just about everything.

Like the Assassin?

#80 Fox the Apprentice

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 21 February 2018 - 08:01 AM

View PostRat of the Legion Vega, on 19 February 2018 - 12:10 PM, said:

View PostJep Jorgensson, on 20 February 2018 - 12:48 PM, said:

Like the Assassin?

Assassin was already nerfed. I haven't encountered them enough to offer an opinion on whether it was enough or not.
The Linebacker has been untouched for several months, however.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users